LG has revealed the successor to the G Flex today at the CES 2015, which was teased by Qualcomm last week and then leaked before the event started. The LG G Flex 2 sports a 5.7-inch P-OLED curved display with 1080p resolution, a 64-bit 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 810 processor, a 13-megapixel primary camera with OIS and laser autofocus, and a 3,000 mAh battery. The device also has a curved and bendable body with a self-healing back, just like its predecessor, but this time, it heals even faster.
LG G Flex 2 specifications
- 5.7-inch curved P-OLED display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Glance View
- Android 5.0 Lollipop, QTheatre, Dual Window and Swing Lockscreen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 64-bit 2GHz octa-core CPU, Adreno 430 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 32GB ROM and microSD card slot (compatible with upto 2TB microSD cards)
- 13-megapixel OIS+ camera, Laser Autofocus, dual-LED flash, and 4K video recording
- 2.1-megapixel secondary camera and 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE-A (450Mbps Downlink), dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, A-GPS with GLONASS,
- NFC, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3,000 mAh curved battery and self-healing resin coating on the back cover
"Measuring six inches diagonally, the Plastic OLED display is the world's largest developed and manufactured specifically for a smartphone. The G Flex utilizes the world's first curved battery and is the first phone to feature a self-healing coating on the back cover, making it immune to minor scratches and nicks. The unique device also features user-centrix UX features such as QTheatre, Dual Window and Swing Lockscreen designed specifically for the curved screen," said LG.
LG has improved the screen resolution when compared to its predecessor and the 'Glance View' feature displays key information such as time, recent messages, missed calls and more with a downward swipe on the screen even while the display is off. The camera has received the laser autofocus and OIS from the LG G3, making it a much battery camera than the G Flex. The device comes with support for microSD cards with storage capacity of up to 2TB. It supports 4G LTE-A with theoretical download speeds of up to 450Mbps.
The device comes in two colours: platinum silver and flamenco red. There's no word on the pricing yet, but we think that it might be priced over Rs. 50,000 ($800) when it becomes available in India.