BSNL the broadband backbone of India will soon be setting up WiFi hotspot service at some of the famous historical monuments across India. Every year lacs of tourists visit India to experience its cultural diversity and historic monuments. Most of the tourists do not possess a local mobile sim card and thus do not have access to the internet and are deprived of basic connectivity. In an effort to resolve this BSNL will be providing WiFi hotspot facility starting with 10 historic monuments.
Monuments to get WiFi hotspot:
- Taj Mahal – UP West circle
- Fatehpur Sikri- UP West circle
- Sarnath Temple- UP East circle
- Konark Temple- Odisha circle
- Jagannath Temple- Odisha circle
- Bodh Gaya- Bihar circle
- Shore Temple- Tamil Nadu circle
- Hampi- Karnataka circle
- Khajurao- MP circle
- Thanjaur- Tamil Nadu circle
Note- It is not clear at this point whether the access to internet will be capped to a certain quota of free data usage per day or be available through vouchers sold by BSNL at the monuments.