In collaboration with Porsche Design, Blackberry has launched a premium smartphone with QWERTY keyboard, the Blackberry Porsche Design P’9983. This is the third premium smartphone from Blackberry which was launched in collaboration with the luxury brand Porsche Design and the first two devices were the Blackberry Porsche P9981 and Blackberry Porsche P’9982.
The Porsche Design P’9983 features a 3.1-inch touchscreen display, a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, 2GB of RAM, 64GB of inbuilt storage and an ability to expand it further by 128GB using a microSD card. The devices comes with an 8MP primary camera and a 2MP front-facing secondary camera. On the connectivity front, it includes 4G LTE (1800MHz for India) and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n.
The devices runs on BlackBerry OS 10 and comes with Amazon AppStore with access to over 2,40,000 Android apps and games. Blackberry would also provide an exclusive Porsche Design PIN range 2AAXXXXX to every buyer that apparently would make them apart and instantly recognisable among other Porsche Design users.
“The Porsche Design P’9983 smartphone from BlackBerry makes a statement about its owner’s impeccable taste and drive for achievement and success, as well as discernment in making the right choices with products that help them stay on top. Yet again, the collaboration with BlackBerry has led to a product that blends style and functionality to provide a true luxury experience.” says Juergen Gessler, CEO of the Porsche Design Group.
The device is made up from premium quality materials such as a camera lens that is made out of sapphire glass while the Porsche logo and the frame has been constructed using forged steel. The back of the device features a Glass-Weave design. The Blackberry Porsche Design P’9983 will be available in various colour variants including, Pomegranate, Dark Brown, Yellow, Paloma Grey, Blue Green, Orange, Salsa and Blue. The device will be available starting October but the pricing details haven’t been announced.
Blackberry Porsche Design P’9983 Specifications
- 3.1-inch display, 24-bit colours, 720 x 720 pixels, capacitive multitouch, QWERTY keyboard
- BlackBerry OS 10, BBM, Amazon AppStore for Android apps and games
- 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 processor, 2GB of RAM
- 64GB internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 8MP primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, 5-element F/2.2 lens, hybrid absorptive IR filter
- 1080p video recording, 4DOF video stabilisation
- 2MP secondary front-facing camera, 720p video recording
- 4G LTE, HSPA+, GLONASS A-GPS, FM Radio
- dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 + LE, NFC
- Accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, magnetometer, ambient light sensor
- 2100 mAh battery, 119 x 671. x 10.6 mm, 140g
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.