Airtel Said to Have Lost Up to 3 Million Users in September Quarter Due to Network Shutdown in J&K

Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea are losing subscribers on a regular note, but in the September quarter, both the telcos together lost more than 10 million subscribers. According to the Trai data for the months of July, August and September, Bharti Airtel lost 2.5 million, 5.6 lakh and 2.3 million subscribers respectively. According to the latest report by ICICI Securities, Airtel lost up to three million customers due to the network shutdown in Jammu and Kashmir. For the unaware, right after the announcement of Article 370 by the Indian government, network services were shut down entirely in the Jammu & Kashmir valley. The exact date was August 4, and so far, the government has ordered to resume postpaid mobile services in the entire valley region.

  • Make Telecom Talk My Trusted Source
  • Source of Google
  • Source of Google

Bharti Airtel,Airtel,Airtel Subscriber Base,Airtel Jammu & Kashmir Mobile Data,Jammu and Kashmir Network Shutdown

Airtel Subscriber Base Now Stands at 279.4 Million: ICICI Securities

Despite providing some attractive tariff plans in the industry, Bharti Airtel is unable to retain the subscribers as they are migrating to Reliance Jio. In addition to this, Airtel’s woes were even worsened due to entire network shutdown in Jammu & Kashmir. As part of the mobile services ban in Jammu & Kashmir, Airtel lost up to three million customers.

Bharti Airtel lost about 2.5-3 million customers due to network shutdown in Jammu and Kashmir, which would return on reported base post resumption of services there. On a like to like basis, the net sub addition was zero,” the ICICI Securities report said.