Bharti Airtel Limited, today announced the launch 4G services in Durgapur using dual spectrum bands of 2300 Mhz (TD LTE) and 1800 MHz (FD LTE) to offer a superior mobile broadband experience. In Durgapur, Airtel has deployed Carrier Aggregation (4G-Advanced) technology, which offers data speeds of up to 135 Mbps on compatible handsets. Carrier Aggregation technology combines the capacities across 2300 MHz (TD LTE) and 1800 MHz (FD LTE) to deliver high broadband speeds. With this, Durgapur joins a select group of cities globally and in India, to have 4G-advanced network.
Commenting on the launch, Vir Inder Nath, CEO – West Bengal & Odisha, Bharti Airtel Limited said, “We are delighted to launch our 4G services in Durgapur using the latest Carrier Aggregation technology. We look forward to offering a superior 4G experience to our valued customers who can now choose from a host of affordable prepaid and postpaid plans to get on the digital highway.”
To facilitate easy upgrades, customers can now switch their existing 2G/3G SIMs with 4G ready USIMs completely free of cost at any Airtel retail store in the Durgapur.
Airtel also announced a new 4G offer for prepaid customers who can now enjoy 10 GB 4G/3G data for just Rs 255 in with any new 4G handset. With these recharges, 1 GB data will be instantly credited to the customer’s account and the additional 9 GB data can be claimed by the customer through MyAirtel app. Users can avail a maximum of 3 recharges within 90 days, on the offer.
Airtel recently launched a new version of its MyAirtel app – the one app for all apps. The refreshed MyAirtel app will offer the best of music, movies games, LIVE TV, e-books, chats and much more in one place. Users can also enjoy free 2GB cloud backup with the new Airtel Cloud app and free calling with Airtel Dialer.
Customers can choose from a range of other Postpaid and Prepaid packs to enjoy Airtel 4G
Airtel Postpaid Durgapur offer details:
• Airtel’s Infinity plans starting from Rs.799 will offer 2 GB 4G/3G data with unlimited voice calls for STD, local and roaming for 4G handsets
• Airtel’s myPlan offers Post-paid customers the convenience of designing their own plans.
• Airtel now offers 10 GB 4G/3G with any new 4G handset for just Rs.250.
Airtel Prepaid Durgapur offer details:
• Airtel’s special 4G Prepaid pack for Rs.1495 offering free* 4G/3G data for 90 days.
• Another innovative 4G prepaid pack priced at Rs.1498 offers 10GB 4G/3G data upfront and customers can get 1GB 4G/3G at Rs.57 respectively for the next 12 months.
• Introduces two new bundled packs for its prepaid customers with 4G ready mobile phones – free voice calling and substantial data benefits. Rs 148 pack offers 300 MB 4G data along with free Local/STD Airtel-to-Airtel calls. Rs 345 pack offers 1GB 4G data along with free Local/STD calls to any network in India. Both packs have a validity of 28 days.
Monthly plans for 4G devices start from Rs.450/- and customer can also avail the attractive advance rental plans starting from Rs.4500/- to avail their new device free of cost.