Tata Docomo revised their 2G data packs in the line of the recent revision done by Airtel, Vodafone and Idea. While the data packs with recent hike in tariff still can be adjustable, the terms and conditions bundled with the plans are not digestable for most of the mobile users. Some of these T&C turns to be Hebrew for me!
Here goes the further explanation of Tata Docomo’s 2G internet packs’
Terms & conditions:
2. All the above packs will be available to Tata DOCOMO subscribers on Tata DOCOMO Home and Tata DOCOMO roaming network only.
So even you are in home circle, but your mobile tops up other operator’s signal and your data connection is on, the data usage will be not be deducted from your active data pack.
3. The packs are applicable on DOCOMOINTERNET APN only.
Did Tata Docomo change its normal APN? I asked to them and waiting for their reply.
9. Additional PDP charges may apply with some operators. PDP is an association between the Visited and Home Data network and is used for validation of the Data subscriber. This appears in the bill as charges against 0 Kb usages, which are billable.
- Do you understand anything about it? I asked for the explanation for majority of the customers.
11. Data pool benefits will be applicable on Dive in browsing only.
- Who is using DiveIn these days? I think nobody. Basically most of the VAS like alert services or update services should be killed off as people can check them out easily over internet. I am almost sure that this T&C is actually not applicable, otherwise we got thousands of comments!
12. Using your Device as a modem for a personal computer or other piece of electronic equipment (tethering) is not permitted.
- Tethering is NOT allowed. I am curious to know how older is the Tata Docomo dude who made this doctrine! Are we living in 2000? And basically Tata Docomo can not understand this, if people are using WiFi Hotspot!
Well if you can remember Tata Docomo messed up earlier on their CDMA data plans, as we shared here. Let’s see what happens!