Xiaomi announced a variant of Redmi 3 in China, named as Redmi 3s. The smartphone will be up for sale in Silver, Dark gray, and Gold color options for 699 yuan (approx. Rs. 7,120) for the 2GB RAM/16GB storage variant while the 3GB RAM/32GB storage version is priced at 899 yuan (approx. Rs. 9,165). Both the variants of the Redmi 3s will go on sale from June 16 via Mi.com.
The device comes in magnesium alloy unibody metallic design and is backed by a 4,100mAh battery. Xiaomi has not yet revealed any details about the availability of the handset for other regions outside China. Here are the other specs of the device.
Xiaomi Redmi 3s specifications
- 5-inch HD IPS display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- 64-bit Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB of RAM; 3GB RAM/32GB storage variant and 2GB RAM/16GB storage variant (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 13MP primary camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP selfie camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Measures 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weighs 144 grams
- Hybrid dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4100mAh (typical)