Vivo introduced its “V” series of smartphones in India earlier this month and the first smartphone under the series has just gone on sale in India. The first smartphone that has been launched under the series is the Vivo V1. The V1 has been priced at Rs 16,000 and has a 6.78mm frame. It has a magnesium alloy body as per the company.
The Vivo V1 is readily available through offline stores now. The smartphone has support for both the Indian bands of 4G LTE (1800 MHz and 2300 MHz). Powering the smartphone is a Snapdragon 410 chipset and it is joined in by 2GB of RAM. It runs Android 5.0 Lollipop based Funtouch OS 2.1. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Vivo V1 specifications
- 5-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with Funtouch OS 2.1
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, 400 MHz Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB of internal memory which is expandable by 32GB with the help of a microSD card
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 6P Lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 5-megapixel front camera, 6P Lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual SIM for connectivity
- 2,300 mAh battery
The smartphone also comes with a Hi-Fi music experience for listening to music. Vivo is probably getting a bit too ambitious with the pricing of the smartphone. Let us see how it performs.