Telecom Commission will discuss the suggestions laid by TRAI for improving broadband services on 14 July 2015. TRAI has recommended a number of good moves, which may lead to call rate reduction for landlines. The regulator has suggested incorporating Virtual Network Operator (VNO) in the country under new licenses. VNO may be allowed to provide service in the country as retailer of the operators, providing one bill to customers for a host of services. VNOs may reduce the marketing and operation expenses of the telecom companies. TRAI has also suggested exempting fixed landline broadband service from license fee for at least five years. The telecom operators will be allowed to provide bundle offers, combining desktops, laptops, tablets etc with broadband schemes. The revenues from this will also be exempted from license fee for another three years. There are also measures suggested to improve the service, such as providing more spectrums and to take a decision on 700MHz band – the best spectrum frequency for wireless telecom services within three months. Concerns on delayed spectrum trading norms are also expressed. The recommendations, if accepted, will bring down call costs and lead to improve of services on a large scale.
TRAI’s suggestions to improve broadband service to be reviewed
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Want to be featured on TelecomTalk?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Pan India Spectrum Details
Telecommunication Frequency Bands
DTH Satellites in India
Source : Geekyranjit
Neeraj Katoch :
Jio. Airtel is $h!t in Delhi with its unoptimised and spectrum-deficient 4G network.
Two value for money phones are coming from them. One should wait for those.
5G BTS has range of only 200m-300m. They need millions of 5G BTS every year for next two to three…
A52s and MOTO edge 20 Pro don't support mm-wave band. These are the only ones are good phones out there.…
- Airtel Hikes Prepaid Tariffs, Base Plan at Rs 99, Check Details Here 166
- Vodafone Idea Just Refarmed 3G Spectrum to 4G In Multiple Cities 165
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi 148
- Vodafone Idea Increases Prepaid Tariffs, Similar as Airtel Plans 122
- Vodafone Idea Discontinues Double Data Offer from Prepaid Plans 45
- Moto G31 With 5000mAh Battery and 50MP Triple Camera Launched in India
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Will Be First to Use Cortex-X2 Core in a Smartphone
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi
- Airtel, Jio to Benefit a Lot Out of Tariff Hikes
- Bharti Airtel Prepaid Plans Under Rs 300 After Tariff Hikes