Back in June 2015, Meizu had launched its flagship smartphone for the year, the Meizu MX5, which was leaked through GFXBench benchmarking application. However, it didn’t launch the device in the Indian market right away. Some days ago, the company had announced that it will officially launch the brand on the 26th of August. Along with the brand launch, the company has also officially launched the MX5 in India. Priced at Rs. 19,999, the Meizu MX5 features a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, a 64-bit processor from MediaTek, 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, Android 5.0 Lollipop, and a 3,150 mAh battery. The imaging department is handled by a 20.7-megapixel primary camera with laser autofocus, LED flash, 4K video recording, and a 5-megapixel secondary camera. In terms of connectivity, the devices features two SIM card slots with 4G LTE compatibility, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth, and all the other regular features. The primary SIM card is compatible with both the 4G LTE networks in India (1800MHz and 2300MHz), while the secondary SIM can connect only to 2G networks.
Meizu MX5 specifications
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 401 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 Lollipop-ased FlymeOS 4.5
- 64-bit MediaTek Helio X10 MT6795T chipset, 2.2GHz octa-core CPU, PowerVR G5200 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage
- 20.7-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual-SIM Dual-Standby, (4G LTE + 2G), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and microUSB port
- 3,150mAh battery, fast charging (charges 50 percent in 30 minutes)
We are happy to announce our entry into India and look forward to playing a leading role in shaping the smartphone market here. Based on the business philosophy and commitment to pursue perfection, MEIZU remains focused on developing innovative and user-friendly smartphones, which are characterized by their state-of-the-art design, powerful specifications and attractive prices. We look forward to introducing our complete product range in India very soon.At this price, the Meizu MX5 competes with the likes of Xiaomi Mi 4, the OnePlus One, the Samsung Galaxy A7, the Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen), and the HTC Desire 820. The smartphone has very good specifications except the storage capacity, and it even lacks a microSD card slot. The company could have released the 32GB or the 64GB storage variant of the device at this price. Even with the sleek metal body, it will be hard for Meizu to justify the price of the MX5, especially since the Mi 4 64GB is available for just Rs. 17,999.
– Mr. Li Nan, Vice President – Marketing, Meizu Technology