Reliance Jio has yet again proved its disruptive strategy by introducing the Rs 199 per month postpaid plan, which went live on May 15. This new plan which will give 4G data, unlimited voice calling and other added benefits poses a lot of threats to the other competitors of Reliance Jio, as per the analysts. The “JioPostpaid” plan comes with “zero-touch” scheme which means that the users won’t have to go for activation of services separately while they subscribe for Reliance Jio’s postpaid plans. It is also worth noting that Reliance Jio will bundle all the services like voice, internet (data), SMS and international calling services in just Rs 199 per month. The international calling will also be competitively priced and will start from 50 paise per minute to Rs 6 per minute.
Here are the must know things about “JioPostpaid” and the new competition in the Indian postpaid tariff war
1. The official website of Reliance Jio has outlined the plan details in depth, and now we’ve come to know that Jio will provide users with 25GB of high-speed data per billing cycle to the users, under this Rs 199 postpaid plan. There is also going to be the unlimited free local and STD calling facility. Further, upon finishing the limit of 25GB data, the users will be charged Rs 20 per GB as informed by the official Reliance Jio website.
2. One very impressive add-on with this postpaid plan is the pre-activation of the services which comes as default under “JioPostpaid”. Users will be able to turn on international roaming with “one-click” along with the pre-activated international calls. To make this plan even better both international calling and international roaming will be bundled with the plan without any additional monthly cost.
3. To add up to all this, Reliance Jio has also introduced international calling and international roaming plans for its users on both postpaid and prepaid subscription.
4. To get the international roaming services rolling, Jio has already revealed the prices for the same which start at Rs 2 – 2 – 2 for Voice – Data – SMS which translated to Rs 2 per minute for a voice call, Rs 2 per MB for data, and Rs 2 per SMS on international roaming network.
5. The 2-2-2 pricing for international roaming will be applicable in 33 countries which will include the US, the UAE, the UK, Canada, New Zealand and the Netherlands as per Reliance Jio’s website. In other 42 other countries, including Australia, China, Russia, Germany, Kuwait, Myanmar, South Korea and Spain there will be a similar 10-10-10 cost levied on using the voice, data and SMS services on international roaming.
6. To provide some flexibility to the users opting for international roaming services Jio will be offering two options for the customers, they will be able to choose from “unlimited data and voice packs”, or they can choose to enjoy the connectivity without opting for any pack.
7. The different plans which Reliance Jio has introduced under its international roaming tag come in Rs 575, Rs 2,875 and Rs 5,751. The Rs 575 pack will have a one-day validity, the Rs 2,875 pack will be valid for seven days and lastly the Rs 5,751 pack with a validity of 30 days. Additionally, while the Rs 575 and Rs 2,875 packs will offer 250 MB of high-speed data per day, the Rs 5,751 pack will provide a total of 5GB of high-speed data on international roaming. The above three plans all come with the facility of unlimited voice calling and SMSes. Also, the data remains unlimited with the post FUP speed capped at 64 Kbps after users finish their data limit.