The DoT panel on net neutrality is said to be in favor of Airtel Zero, sources reveal. Facebook’s internet.org is opposed for the reason that it gives preference to certain websites without mobile charges, which means that Facebook acts as a gate keeper who decides which website to be visited by the viewer. This principle goes against the principles of net neutrality. In May 2015, however, Facebook opened the platform to few more websites which meet certain criteria. Zero-rating panels such as Airtel Zero will be allowed, but with prior clearance from TRAI, said the sources. This is on the notion that TRAI can resort to action against the provider, in case zero-rating platform violates net neutrality. The panel also stated that “collaborations between telecom operators and content providers that enable such gate-keeping role to be played by any entity should be actively discouraged”. Facebook has responded to the new development to a national newspaper that it cannot comment on the issue without knowing the DoT panel findings. Net neutrality demands an equal treatment to all internet traffic without any favor given to any company or telecom service providers. The net neutrality became a topic of discussion when Airtel launched Zero, a zero-rated platform which provides free access to few websites on its network.
DoT panel may favor Airtel Zero : Sources
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Want to be featured on TelecomTalk?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Pan India Spectrum Details
Telecommunication Frequency Bands
DTH Satellites in India
Source : Geekyranjit
Neeraj Katoch :
Jio. Airtel is $h!t in Delhi with its unoptimised and spectrum-deficient 4G network.
Two value for money phones are coming from them. One should wait for those.
5G BTS has range of only 200m-300m. They need millions of 5G BTS every year for next two to three…
A52s and MOTO edge 20 Pro don't support mm-wave band. These are the only ones are good phones out there.…
- Airtel Hikes Prepaid Tariffs, Base Plan at Rs 99, Check Details Here 166
- Vodafone Idea Just Refarmed 3G Spectrum to 4G In Multiple Cities 165
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi 148
- Vodafone Idea Increases Prepaid Tariffs, Similar as Airtel Plans 122
- Vodafone Idea Discontinues Double Data Offer from Prepaid Plans 45
- Moto G31 With 5000mAh Battery and 50MP Triple Camera Launched in India
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Will Be First to Use Cortex-X2 Core in a Smartphone
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi
- Airtel, Jio to Benefit a Lot Out of Tariff Hikes
- Bharti Airtel Prepaid Plans Under Rs 300 After Tariff Hikes