RIM today rolled out latest version of BBM 7 for all its customers, which will now allow blackberry customers to make free voice calls to other BBM customers in the world over a Wi-Fi connection, is now available in BlackBerry App World.
It had a short Beta Zone run and is now ready for prime time. BBM 7 includes the new BBM Voice as well as updated emoticons, BBID integration, and much more.
In an instant, customers can switch between texting and talking, or talk and text at the same time. For consumers, especially in developing markets, the BBM Voice feature offers an attractive way to talk with friends and family near and far, and staying in contact will be easier than ever as the holiday season approaches. For business customers, BBM Voice allows for enriched collaboration.
BBM Voice includes a number of convenient features :
- Customers can initiate a BBM Voice call directly, or instantly switch from a BBM text chat to talk, and back again.
- The split-screen feature allows customers to talk and text at the same time, so for example, they can send a picture to their contact while talking with them. They can also check other BBM text chats, check email, or navigate to other apps while engaged on a BBM Voice call.
- BBM provides a visual indicator that shows when contacts are available for a voice call.
- BBM Voice is compatible with any accessories a customer has now for making voice calls on their BlackBerry smartphone, such as a Bluetooth or wired headset.
- Customers can also use BBM Voice over their BlackBerry smartphone’s speakerphone.
- If it’s not an ideal time to talk, customers can simply choose to respond by texting back.
All BlackBerry users can grab the latest version from BlackBerry App World right now. If you’re not seeing it just yet, give it a bit as it will be rolling out over the next 24 hours.