“Voice realization is 30-33 paise per minute whereas our rack rates are almost about 90 paise, so there is huge headroom to reduce discounts,” Bharti Airtel (India & South Asia) MD & CEO Gopal Vittal said. Airtel already increased its data prices in last few months. “We have made some changes in the last few months, let’s see there is an opportunity to cut discounts on voice calls,” Vittal said. He added that the company is not concerned about the data prices as it is an arena, which is massively growing. According to him, the actual challenge is voice realization, which needs to be increased reports Hindustan Times.Also read: Airtel Launches ‘Infinity Plans’ Offering 4G Data Benefits After the auction held in March, COAI conveyed the need to rise the tariffs as the telecom service providers have to meet the commitments to the government. Operators like Idea Cellular, Vodafone, and MTS too have surged their data charges for 2G and 3G.
Airtel hints a tariff hike, CEO says ‘huge headroom to reduce discounts’
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Want to be featured on TelecomTalk?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Pan India Spectrum Details
Telecommunication Frequency Bands
DTH Satellites in India
also Year 2030: Vi Volte calling available in new state.
Mahmood Junaid :
We will see many innovations in tariff plans going forward to take ARPU levels up… We will see speed limit…
Mahmood Junaid :
Hope with increasing ARPU VI will sustain in the market and get good cashflows to increase their capex…
Charging Rs.179/- for voice based plans are worst even in zero IUC. They can increase upto Rs.200/-+ for voice based…
not available in any southern state.
- Airtel Hikes Prepaid Tariffs, Base Plan at Rs 99, Check Details Here 166
- Vodafone Idea Just Refarmed 3G Spectrum to 4G In Multiple Cities 165
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi 149
- Vodafone Idea Increases Prepaid Tariffs, Similar as Airtel Plans 122
- Vodafone Idea Discontinues Double Data Offer from Prepaid Plans 45
- Vi WiFi Calling Now Available in a New State
- Airtel, Jio to Benefit a Lot Out of Tariff Hikes
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi
- Moto G31 With 5000mAh Battery and 50MP Triple Camera Launched in India
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Will Be First to Use Cortex-X2 Core in a Smartphone