Acer recently announced its foray into the Indian smartphone segment again and has now announced a new device globally which will be coming soon to India as well. Acer has just launched the Liquid Jade S with a 64-bit Mediatek Octa Core processor and will hit the launchpad in India at a shade under Rs 20,000 considering the fact that the Liquid Jade was recently launched for Rs 16,999. Let us take a look at its specifications:
- 5-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels with Zero Air Gap technology and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat is what it runs on
- 64-bit 1.5 GHz octa-core Mediatek MT6752M processor
- 16-Core Mali-T760 GPU
- 2GB RAM for multi-tasking
- 16GB of internal storage which can be further expanded with a microSD card card but the extent is yet unknown. We are guessing it would be either 32GB or 64GB.
- 13-megapixel rear camera with a LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS with a-GPS for connectivity
- 2,300 mAh battery
The device been listed on Acer’s India website and the company would launch it soon here too. It will go on sale in Taiwan on December 18 which will be followed by a global roll out and it brings quite a decent upgrade over the Liquid Jade.