Panasonic has launched yet another device in its Android smartphone lineup, the Panasonic Eluga Turbo, for Rs. 10,990, and it is available exclusively through Snapdeal. This stylishly designed smartphone comes with a 6.95mm thin metal body with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the front and ASAHI Dragon Trail Glass at the back.
Panasonic Eluga Turbo Specifications
- Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system
- 5.0-inch IPS LCD display, 720 x 1,280 pixels, 294 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Metal body with ASAHI Dragon Trail Glass back
- 13-megapixel primary camera, LED Flash, and 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixel secondary camera
- 1.5GHz octa-core 64-bit processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, and microSD car slot (upto 32GB)
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE & 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, FM Radio, GPS (with A-GPS and GLONASS), microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm audio jack
- 2,350 mAh non-removable battery
The Panasonic Eluga Turbo features a 5.0-inch IPS LCD display with HD resolution, a 13-megapixel primary camera, a 5-megapixel secondary camera, and a 2,350 mAh battery. The primary camera is also equipped with autofocus lens, LED flash, and 1080p video recording. Connectivity features include a dual-SIM card slot that's compatible with 4G networks, Wi-Fi b/g/n, FM Radio, GPS, and microUSB v2.0 port.
The Eluga Turbo comes pre-installed with Android 5.1 Lollipop, but the company hasn't mentioned anything about releasing Android 6.0 Marshmallow based software for the device yet. It is powered by a 64-bit octa-core processor, but the make and model number of the chipset hasn't been revealed yet. There's 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot.
Panasonic's latest launch faces touch competition from devices such as the LeEco Le 1s, Coolpad Note 3, and Lenovo K4 Note. All these competing smartphones feature fingerprint sensors, something that is lacking in the Eluga Turbo. What do you think about Panasonic's brand value, and would you rate it higher than newer brands like LeEco and Coolpad?