Consumer market and usage pattern changes as the technology changes at a very rapid rate. In 2014, Telecomtalk conducted a nation wide survey on Mobile Data usage and also published some good insights on the usage patterns as reported from our readers in the survey.
But today is not yesterday, the growth of data usage on mobile has increased widely with the adoption of 3G/4G LTE technologies. So, as experience changes, usage pattern also changes the way data is consumed on mobile.
A short summary of the insights of the survey conducted in 2014:
- Majority of users who adopted 3G and were not very happy with 3G service quality.
- Majority of users used mobile data services for IM, Email and for Browsing.
- Average usage per user was 1GB per month.
- On an average monthly expenditure on data services was around Rs150-250 which was in sync with 1GB data price in the market at that time.
- Majority of users used Wi-Fi at their Home/Office.
Not every user is the same and have the same priority and importance for data on the move. So, in order to analyze the usage scenarios now in 2016 we have crafted this poll.
Do, let us know your thoughts via comments or you can tweet me @Srikapardhi.
Passionately following the Indian #Telecom Industry for over a decade from Business, Consumer and a Technical perspective. My primary focus area is Consumer & Digital Experience.