C-DOT, the R&D Institute of Department of Telecommunication, India has decided to float four broadband products with the prime objective to connect Indian villages to the internet. The launch of these broadband products is a part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Digital India initiative that aims to elevate the internet penetration from 300 million to 500 million within 2.5 years. The long distance solar powered Wi-Fi products of C-DOT are capable of addressing connectivity issues in hilly terrain, rural areas, dense vegetation, highways and tunnels. The reports made public by DoT claim that these products are a good fit for the green-field project like smart cities, emergency situations and disaster management network. To make them self-sustainable, DoT has come up with a green power source as well. Further information about these broadband products will be shared from time to time by the government.
C-DOT Launches Broadband Products For Villages
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Want to be featured on TelecomTalk?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Pan India Spectrum Details
Telecommunication Frequency Bands
DTH Satellites in India
Source : Geekyranjit
Neeraj Katoch :
Jio. Airtel is $h!t in Delhi with its unoptimised and spectrum-deficient 4G network.
Two value for money phones are coming from them. One should wait for those.
5G BTS has range of only 200m-300m. They need millions of 5G BTS every year for next two to three…
A52s and MOTO edge 20 Pro don't support mm-wave band. These are the only ones are good phones out there.…
- Airtel Hikes Prepaid Tariffs, Base Plan at Rs 99, Check Details Here 166
- Vodafone Idea Just Refarmed 3G Spectrum to 4G In Multiple Cities 165
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi 148
- Vodafone Idea Increases Prepaid Tariffs, Similar as Airtel Plans 122
- Vodafone Idea Discontinues Double Data Offer from Prepaid Plans 45
- Moto G31 With 5000mAh Battery and 50MP Triple Camera Launched in India
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Will Be First to Use Cortex-X2 Core in a Smartphone
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi
- Airtel, Jio to Benefit a Lot Out of Tariff Hikes
- Bharti Airtel Prepaid Plans Under Rs 300 After Tariff Hikes