Android Marshmallow now active on 15.2% of Android devices: Google

By August 4th, 2016 AT 1:06 PM

According to the latest Google Play Distribution data for seven-day period ended on August 1, Android Marshmallow is now running on 15.2% of active devices. This depicts a rise of 1.9% in a month when compared to July, which was 13.3%. In June, the data was 10.1%.

Android Distribution

Android Lollipop 5.1 version still dominates the share with its distribution found on 21.4% devices. Lollipop 5.0 version is found on 14.1% active devices. It makes a combined share of 35.5% compared to the 35.1% share last month. Considering the fact that Android Nougat is nearing its roll out to devices, the adoption of Marshmallow OS seems to be significantly low.

Android KitKat 4.4 version is also found to rule the chart with 29.2% active devices still carrying the OS. It was 30.1% in July. Jelly Bean 4.1x is found on 6% devices, Jelly Bean 4.2x is spotted on 8.3% devices, and its 4.3 version is recorded on 2.4% devices.

Android Icecream Sandwich 4.0.3 – 4.0.4 and Gingerbread 2.3.3 – 2.3.7 versions are also found on the distribution data chart with 1.6% and 1.7% adoption respectively. The Icecream version has dropped 0.1% and Gingerbread has dropped 0.2% from July. Android 2.2 Froyo’s device distribution share is at 0.1%, similar to the previous month.

Google distribution data is collected from the Android devices visiting the Google Play app that supports Android 2.2 and higher. Google also released the data about the relative number of devices that support a particular version of OpenGL ES. The OpenGL 2.0 now runs on 46% of active Android devices, while OpenGL 3.0 runs on 42.6%, and OpenGL 3.1 on 11.4%.

6
Leave a Reply

avatar
Photo and Image Files
 
 
 
4 Comment threads
2 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
4 Comment authors
Esmailashish MaharashtraJackRavi lucknow upe Recent comment authors
newest oldest most voted
ashish Maharashtra
ashish Maharashtra

Marshmallow is active on my phone from last 1-2 months i believe only problem is screen overlay detected ,its a little irritating they should simplify it so that users dont have to restart the phone again and again.

Jack
Jack

The count of devices running on Android marshmallow is increased because of new devices bought and not because of older devices getting os updates

Recent Posts

Reliance Jio Finally Ready for GigaFiber Launch After a Year-Long Wait

The biggest wait in the telecom industry of India has been of Reliance Jio’s fibre-based broadband service, Reliance Jio GigaFiber....

Huawei Enters into Distribution Partnership With Micromax: What Does it Mean?

Chinese smartphone brand and World’s Second largest company, Huawei, on Tuesday said it has entered into a distribution partnership with...

Tata Sky Binge Service Offers Free Amazon Prime Subscription for 3 Months Along With Fire TV Stick

Tata Sky Binge is a service that is aimed at users who’re looking for content from OTT services. Tata Sky...