Tata Teleservices Limited, India’s fastest-growing pan-India dual-technology telecom service provider, has announced a path-breaking ‘Customer Service Charter’ for Tata Indicom CDMA Mobile service customers, under which the company guarantees pre-determined levels of service and support—and includes ‘Compensation Clauses’ to pay back customers if the set service levels are not met.
This initiative commemorates the 171st birth anniversary of Tata Group Founder, Sir Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, a visionary who sowed the seeds of industrialization in India —and will be immediately available to Tata Indicom customers across all 20 telecom Circles that the company operates in.
The Customer Service Charter includes five customer commitments, namely
- The Bill Dispute Commitment, The Call Drop Commitment, The Handset Replacement Commitment, The VAS Commitment and The Call-Back Commitment.
- The Bill Dispute Commitment offers resolution of every bill dispute within three working days, failing which TTSL will compensate its customers with Rs 25 for every additional day taken to resolve the complaint;
- The Call Drop Commitment promises call drops less than the 1.5 per cent of total calls made in a month, failing which the company will refund 2.5% of the customer’s last billed amount;
- The Handset Replacement Commitment ensures that loaner handsets will be issued to customers in case the handset cannot be repaired over the counter at TTSL’s I-Care Centre;
- The VAS Commitment offers free trial of any chosen Value-Added Service, before buying the product; and
- The Call-Back Commitment promises that call centers will be accessible to customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week and that calls will be answered within 90 seconds, failing which the company will call the customer back within two hours.
The Customer Service Charter, a first-of-its-kind endeavor in the Indian telecom industry, is aimed at ensuring that customer service emerges as a key differentiator for telecom operators.
Paying a tribute to the Tata Group Founder at the launch of the Customer Service Charter, Mr Anil Sardana , Managing Director of Tata Teleservices Limited, said, “On the occasion of our Group’s Founder Day, we pledge to give every customer his rightful due. Sir JN Tata was a visionary who dared to think beyond his time, and his dynamic legacy still inspires us to pursue the highest standards of excellence in every endeavor. The introduction of this Customer Service Charter, therefore, is a matter of immense pride for us, and a tremendous responsibility for us to shoulder—as we will be putting our very business behind our commitment to our customers.”