Lava's latest 4G LTE compatible entry-level Android smartphone, the A71 4G, is available for purchase through a third-party retailer for Rs. 5,849 even though the smartphone is yet to be officially announced by the company. The device looks like an upgrade over the Lava P7, which was launched last month.
Lava A71 4G Specifications
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system (upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels (294ppi), and Corning Gorilla Glass
- 5-megapixel primary camera, autofocus, LED Flash, HD video recording
- 2-megapixel secondary camera, front-facing LED flash, and HD video recording
- 1.5GHz quad-core processor, 1GB LP-DDR3 RAM, 8GB internal memory, and microSD card slot (upto 32GB)
- Dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE and 3G HSPA+, FM Radio, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, and microUSB v2.0 port
- 2,500 mAh battery
The Lava A71 4G runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box, but the company is promising an update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow in the coming months. It comes equipped with a 5-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1,280 x 720 pixels, and it is protected using a Gorilla Glass panel from Corning.
A combination of a 5-megapixel primary camera and a 2-megapixel secondary camera on this smartphone take care of the imaging needs of the user. Both the cameras are equipped with LED flashes and can record HD videos. The rear-facing camera also features autofocus for sharper images.
The A71 4G comes equipped with a quad-core processor that's clocked at 1.5GHz, which is accompanied by 1GB RAM and 8GB of internal storage space. The microSD card slot can be used to expand the storage capacity on the device, and it is compatible with upto 32GB microSD cards.
In terms of connectivity, the Lava A71 4G features a dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi b/g/n, FM Radio, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS (with A-GPS and GLONASS), a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a microUSB v2.0 port. The device is available in two colours; Silver with Blue accents and White with Gold accents.