Remember those clamshell or flip smartphones? Well, Samsung has just brought them back, but in a new package. The company has launched a premium dual-display clamshell smartphone (as seen in the picture below), named as W2016, in China. The phone features impressive specifications (pretty much like its flagship S6), and is encased in a chassis contoured with glass and metal. For now, the device has been launched in China, and Samsung has revealed no detail regarding its price and arrival in other regions.
Coming on to the specifications, the Samsung W2016 features 3.9-inch Super AMOLED dual displays with a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels. It is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7420 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM, and 64GB of internal storage. It runs Android 5.1 Lollipop, and sports a 16-megapixel primary camera with LED flash, along with a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It measures 120.4 x 61 x 15.1 mm and weighs 204 grams.
The Samsung W2016 is backed by a 2,000mAh battery with fast charging technology. It supports connectivity features such as dual-SIM, 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, and GPS/A-GPS. As seen in the pictures, the device is available in Black and Gold color options for now.
Samsung W2016 specifications
- 3.9-inch Super AMOLED dual displays with a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels
- 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7420 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM
- 64GB internal storage, Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 16MP primary camera with LED Flash, and 5MP front-facing camera
- dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, GPS/A-GPS
- 2,000mAh battery