MTS India today announced its unaudited consolidated financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013.
In the reporting period SSTL’s mobile subscriber base declined by 20% quarter-on-quarter and reached 11.92 million customers as of March 31st, 2013. SSTL’s mobile subscribers’ MoU for Q1 2013 improved to 295 min vs. 268 min in Q4 2012. Non-voice revenues, from both data and mobile VAS, for the quarter declined by 13% to INR 1,255 million.
SSTL reported an OIBDA loss of INR 2,113 million for Q1 2013, reflecting an improvement in OIBDA margin by 29 p.p. Y-o-Y, margins improved on account of cost optimization, strict control over marketing and other expenditures and also on account of Operational efficiencies. SSTL’s net income during the quarter improved by 17% Q-o-Q. The Net Income benefitted due to improvement in OIBDA. SSTL made investments of INR 364 million made during Q1 2013. Debt from banks and financial institutions at the end of 31st March 2013 stands at INR 46.28 billion.
Key Operational Highlights
- Consolidated revenues down by 10% Q-o-Q to INR 3,520 million (USD 65 million).
- Non Voice revenues now contribute 35.7% of total quarterly revenues, the highest in the industry.
- Blended mobile ARPU for the quarter increased by 2.5% to INR 81.
- Minutes of usage increased by 10% to 295 during the quarter (Q-o-Q).
- SSTL’s data card subscriber base for the quarter declined by 12% to 1.56 million subscribers. In the nine operational circles the data card subscriber based fell by 1%, mainly on account of new subscriber acquisition policy.
- The Company recorded lowest quarterly OIBDA loss in the last three years. Consolidated OIBDA loss for the quarter stands at INR 2,113 million (USD 39 million). Quarterly OIBDA margins improved 11 p.p.