A Kochi-based IT start-up QuiqInfoTech has launched Ringr, a smartphone application that offers voice over Internet (VoIP) communication capable to provide clear audio quality at low bandwidth.The application uses a patented Quiqz technology that sends data as very small packets, thereby bypassing the bandwidth issue existing in India. “Call clarity is low in India and that’s one reason why the shift from telephone to VoIP is slow. We seek to have a paradigm shift in communications where regular phone calls are replaced with Ringr,” said Ashok Mani, Chief Executive Officer, QuiqInfotech.Ringr would compete with the existing VoIP applications. According to Mani, the application is capable to compete with the telecom companies, which provides poor services to people in terms of bandwidth constraints and other problems like delay in connection, call dropping etc.As a launch offer, Ringr now comes with customer loyalty points. Customers who download Ringr gets loyalty points, which they can later redeem through the company’s partners like Paytm. The points will refund the recharge amounts.Besides being a communication service provider, Ringr has interesting features like a reminder that reminds the user about a friend whom he/she hasn’t called for long. It has a profile and ‘mood’ sharing provision too. The application will automatically detect a friend of the user who shares a similar mood and suggest meeting the friend.Ringr is currently available for Android users and is free to download. iOS version of the application is expected to be in the store soon.
Ringr, a new VoIP smartphone app provides clear audio quality at low bandwidths
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Want to be featured on TelecomTalk?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Pan India Spectrum Details
Telecommunication Frequency Bands
DTH Satellites in India
You can use it for purchase of groceries/soaps/surf from Jio mart.
Yeah. From yesterday they are doing this. On 28th, It got credited within hours
Mahmood Junaid :
Then how will ARPU increase.. 80% of Indians will consume less and stay on 598 plan… Even now 699 plan…
I think jio is playing smart game for 20% cashback offer. I recharged my 2 sims on my jio app,…
Kaushik Roy :
Vi revised sms staring plan to 128 showing under plan voucher in website airtel already revised it to 129 so…
- Airtel Hikes Prepaid Tariffs, Base Plan at Rs 99, Check Details Here 166
- Vodafone Idea Just Refarmed 3G Spectrum to 4G In Multiple Cities 165
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi 146
- Vodafone Idea Increases Prepaid Tariffs, Similar as Airtel Plans 122
- Vodafone Idea Discontinues Double Data Offer from Prepaid Plans 45
- Moto G31 With 5000mAh Battery and 50MP Triple Camera Launched in India
- Airtel, Jio to Benefit a Lot Out of Tariff Hikes
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Will Be First to Use Cortex-X2 Core in a Smartphone
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi
- Bharti Airtel Prepaid Plans Under Rs 300 After Tariff Hikes