Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd. (SSTL), which operates its telecom services under the MTS brand in India, today announces its unaudited consolidated financial results for the second quarter ended June 30th, 2015.
According to Dmitry Shukov, Chief Executive Officer of Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd, “All our operational parameters have shown significant improvement during the quarter which has resulted in 12% growth in consolidated revenues. Our data centric approach has further enhanced the contribution of our non -voice revenues, which now stand at over 55% of our quarterly revenues, the highest in the industry. Dmitry further added, “Though the government has recently issued spectrum sharing guidelines, however for mobile operators to take a composite view one needs to look at the to be released spectrum trading guidelines, which are very much needed to act as a catalyst in the consolidation of the industry.”Key Financial & Operational Highlights for the Second Quarter 2015
- Consolidated revenues increased by 12% Y-o-Y to INR 3,745 million (USD 59.26 million), mainly on account of data revenue growth.
- Blended mobile ARPU for the quarter increased by 5% to INR 134 (USD 2.1) on account of increase in data usage.
- Non-Voice revenues continued to demonstrate double-digit growth and increased by 13.4% during the quarter. The Company’s data card subscriber base for the quarter was up 8.9% to 1.95 million subscribers.
- Success of SSTL’s data strategy is evident with non-voice revenues now contributing 55.3% of total quarterly revenues, the highest in the industry. The contribution of Non-voice revenues increased by 424bps during the quarter.
- SSTL’s HSD services now cover over 1,000 towns across nine circles.
- Consolidated OIBDA loss for the quarter stands at INR 541 million (USD 8.6 million). SSTL is now OIBDA positive in six out of its nine operating circles.
- The six OIBDA positive circles are Delhi, Kolkata, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.