LG has been steadily improving in the smartphone game. Starting with the LG G2, the South Korean smartphone brand offered good smartphone hardware, and its efforts to improve smartphone deign and smartphone UI reflected with the launch of the LG G3. Now, the company is prepping the launch of LG G4, the successor to the popular LG G3, on April 28.
With the new smartphone offering up its sleeve, LG has started teasing the new UI, which will debut with the LG G4. LG UX 4.0, as it is being referred to by LG, will feature even cleaner look, closely following Google’s Material Design guidelines. According to LG, the new UI will come with new features, will be easy to use, and will offer high level of functionality.
LG UX 4.0 Features
- Expert Camera Mode – Professional-level camera features, where users can try out their photography skills.Quick Shot – Capture quick shots, even without turning on the screen. Pressing Volume Down button twice, will capture the moment instantly.
- Smart Board – A board of widgets, showing information from important apps such as Calendar, Music, Health, etc in a single glance.
- Smart Alerts – Displays notification regarding environment and lifestyle.
- Ring ID – You can set separate ringtones for different people in your address book using this feature.
- New Calendar – Manage multiple schedules (even the ones from social networks) together, at one place.
- New Gallery – Images in the gallery are segregated in separate albums based on the information such as place and time.
LG says that the new UI will debut with LG G4, but it will be rolled out to existing devices through a software update.