YU has finally pushed the Cyanogen OS 12.1 Lollipop-based update to its YUREKA and YUREKA PLUS smartphones. A month ago, YU promised its users that the update is in the testing phase, and today, the company finally rolled it out.
YU promised the update long ago, but it failed to follow a stipulated timeline. Keeping the late arrival of the update in mind, Rahul Sharma, Co-founder and CEO of YU released an apology, stating that the reason for the delay was to deliver a smooth update. The Cyanogen OS 12.1 Lollipop-based update brings along performance enhancement and plenty of new features aboard.
The (YOG4PAS3JM) update will be rolled out in a phase-wise manner in a timeline of two weeks. For all those who are not good at waiting, can download the update manually in OTA ZIP form via XDA forums. YU also revealed that it will bring the update to YUPHORIA as well. Moreover, Cyanogen and YU have already announced that the forthcoming YUTOPIA smartphone will run Cyanogen OS 12.1 out of the box.
New add-ons in the Cyanogen OS 12.1 Lollipop-based update:
- Redesigned Launcher: App Drawer and Folders have been redesigned for one-handed use.
- Smarter Screen: LiveDisplay intelligently adjusts your screen based on environmental conditions.
- Calendar Together with Email: Enjoy the latest Boxer powered experience where you can seamlessly share your availability and schedule appointments.
- Fresh AudioFX: The user interface has been updated for consistency across all devices.
- More Playback support: Substantially increased support of codecs for video and audio playback.