Notifications
Clear all

Vodafone Idea emerges as the leader in 4G network performance  

RSS

Bindu Sharma
 Bindu Sharma
(@Bindu Sharma)
15/04/2020 5:34 pm  

Vodafone Idea Limited has emerged as the leader across key parameters such as Download speed, Upload speed and Video experience. With 91% Districts in India already integrated, the strength of the integrated network and combined spectrum assets under Vodafone Idea TurboNet 4G have already started showing marked improvements across major markets in India. 

Vodafone Idea has shown highest improvement in city ranks on various parameters, as compared to any other operator in India which are stated below: 

In 4G Voice App Experience - a parameter added in this edition of the report - Vodafone Idea ranks No : 1

In 4G video experience – a very important network experience indicator – Vodafone Idea again took the top position with Brand Vodafone showing improvement of 30% YoY and Brand Idea 21.4%. The operator leads in 24 out of the 48 cities benchmarked in this study and ranked No. 2 in 16 cities.

Vodafone Idea also took the Numero Uno position in terms of Upload speeds across 29 out of 48 cities. Once again, Vodafone Idea recorded highest upload speed in major cities and metros including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh etc. VIL has been the consistent leader in upload speed as per test reports by other major testing agencies including TRAI MySpeed.

With 4G Download speed of 10.8 Mbps (a 52.1% improvement) for Brand Vodafone and 10.3 Mbps for Brand Idea (an improvement of 56.1%) - as compared to just 15.9% increase for the next best operator, in April ’20 report vis-à-vis April ’19 report – VIL ranks No. 1 in Download speeds across 32 major cities including Metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad and others. The operator is a close second in 12 other cities.  

targetsteelframe31
(@targetsteelframe31)
15/04/2020 6:54 pm  

I don't believe this to be true. In Mumbai and Maharashtra, still integration is not completed completely. Others can share their opinion. I don't believe on what basis this report is published. Speeds are good as they were before integration. No hike in speeds on both Vodafone and Idea brands.  Band 3 still has 10Mhz only on Vodafone. Vodafone 3G still exists(Mumbai). Vodafone 2G has disappeared from Pune but nowhere 900Mhz LTE. All other bands are deployed for LTE. But only 20Mhz for Band 41. That too selective sites. In Maharashtra there is 30Mhz in band 41. 5Mhz of 2100Mhz is still sitting idle.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
15/04/2020 6:58 pm  

Awareness, Band 41, CA, MIMO please. 

ReplyQuote
Bindu Sharma
 Bindu Sharma
(@Bindu Sharma)
15/04/2020 7:14 pm  

@targetsteelframe31 See things takes time and its a gradual process even after integration the process is gradually implemented on end users.

so once this is updated gradually the system go through the numbers and performance reports and do further tweaking to small set of end users.

So it takes time so the best thing is to just wait is what i believe 

ReplyQuote
sneha
 sneha
(@sneha)
15/04/2020 8:36 pm  

@Bindu Sharma - i agree. Vodafone Idea still remains the best data provider for me when i compare speeds. i am using dual SIM Mobile where the comparison is easy when i have SIMs from multiple telecom providers.

ReplyQuote
targetsteelframe31
(@targetsteelframe31)
15/04/2020 10:50 pm  

@sneha Do you want to say Dual 4G mobile? In phones launched before 2018, you cannot do that. Even if you do that by luck, you cannot guarantee same type of speeds on both sim slots. Have personally noticed this.

ReplyQuote
targetsteelframe31
(@targetsteelframe31)
15/04/2020 10:51 pm  
@srikapardhi I didn't get you mate.what do you want to say exactly? 

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
15/04/2020 11:33 pm  

@targetsteelframe31

Awareness, Band 41, CA, MIMO please.  

----

Awareness : Noticed a customer - retailer interaction and it goes like this. 

Problem of the Customer : Customer received an SMS that Network is enhanced in his area, but he is not getting usable speeds.

Customer shows the SMS to retailer and fights with him, your company is taking my money and cheating me. I'm not even able to watch anything... 

Retailer checks phone and says, everything is fine, network is also enhanced in our area. 

This went on for 20 min...with no proper conclusion. 

---- 

Observing all this, I just asked the device model from the customer, checked the device support for b41 and got to understand that neither the customer nor the retailer is aware that the phone in discussion has no support for B41 and hence the customer couldn't experience better speeds. 

As I didn't have time to explain this to them, I left the place after finishing my work. 

Like this there are many issues which needs addressing/awareness to the parties involved. 

Band 41 : Faster implementation of B41 across all the towers. (Not speaking in the current scenario) 

CA : 4G on other bands and get them aggregated with B41.

MIMO : Capacity enhancement for premium users.  

Hope it's clear now. 

ReplyQuote
Bindu Sharma
 Bindu Sharma
(@Bindu Sharma)
15/04/2020 11:45 pm  

@srikapardhi Very well explained kudos 👍 👍 👍 👍 

ReplyQuote
Bindu Sharma
 Bindu Sharma
(@Bindu Sharma)
15/04/2020 11:48 pm  

@targetsteelframe31 Which part of India are you from ?

@Srikapardhi Can something be done to know users city or location ? It will help to understand the situation better.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
15/04/2020 11:53 pm  

@Bindu Sharma That is already worked upon - some code changes. Should be live shortly. 

ReplyQuote
Naresh
 Naresh
(@Naresh)
16/04/2020 1:30 am  

I m from shimla. Vodafone idea speed Is excellent. I give 100 out of 100 marks to vodafone idea 

ReplyQuote
targetsteelframe31
(@targetsteelframe31)
16/04/2020 3:24 am  

@Bindu Sharma I know all that. I am just saying nothing has been done on Vodafone-Idea network on Mumbai yet in my experience. Vodafone doesn't have 15Mhz of band 3 in Central Mumbai yet(It is on Western line though). Band 41 is not widely deployed in Central Mumbai as that of the Western line. Forgetting about band 8/1 LTE is good thing we can do right now.

ReplyQuote
targetsteelframe31
(@targetsteelframe31)
16/04/2020 1:29 pm  

@srikapardhi I know all this. But even after having band 41 support on phones, speeds haven't improved like WHEN Airtel deployed band 40 in Mumbai. Also Vodafone haven't integrated network in my experience. Only 10Mhz of band 3 LTE is present. Band 1 LTE of Idea is switched off and Idea is latching on to band 3 of Vodafone and band 41 is not widely deployed. So whole load is on band 3. That's why speeds are still less. Also even without CA, with deployment of band 41 /1, speeds will drastically improve. That's not the case still. Airtel has switched off CA on lot of sites.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
16/04/2020 1:35 pm  

@targetsteelframe31  'I know all this' - 👍 

you asked to elaborate what I exactly tried to say and I just did it. Nothing more nothing less. 

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
16/04/2020 1:42 pm  

@targetsteelframe31 btw, I experienced 30Mbps speeds on 10MHz of B41.  

ReplyQuote
targetsteelframe31
(@targetsteelframe31)
16/04/2020 1:50 pm  

@srikapardhi Once I get that kind of speeds, not even that much, once wide deployment of band 41 happens on Mumbai, I will switch back to Vodafone postpaid. But that's not the case right now.

ReplyQuote
targetsteelframe31
(@targetsteelframe31)
16/04/2020 1:52 pm  

@Bindu Sharma I am basically from Mumbai. But sometimes I stays in Pune too. Have homes at both places.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
16/04/2020 1:54 pm  

@targetsteelframe31 Yeah, I understand the current scenario. Wish you get good experience going forward on vodafone postpaid. 

Also do keep us updated about your experiences here 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
16/04/2020 1:57 pm  

@targetsteelframe31 Off Topic: I love Magarpatta in Pune 🙂 Had a great time staying there for a year. 

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
16/04/2020 1:59 pm  

@targetsteelframe31 Trying to add location tag to profile. Next time, you shouldn't be getting this question hopefully 😉 

ReplyQuote
Srivatsava
 Srivatsava
(@Srivatsava)
18/04/2020 8:35 pm  

@srikapardhi Idea now has 10 MHz on B3 too in AP. I get 40 mbps on both B3, B41 after 1 A.M 

I am exhausting my 3 GB daily quota to download stuff. No carrier aggregation enabled though 🙁

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
18/04/2020 8:50 pm  

@Srivatsava Good to hear your experience 👍 Which device are you using?

They have got it all, just need time and execution. 

With VoWiFi, CA, MIMO and decent pricing I expect Quality Standards to rocket!

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
18/04/2020 8:53 pm  

@Srivatsava Also, if you are experiencing such speeds in your area, why don't you consider switching to a minimal postpaid plan, so that you enjoy more data?

ReplyQuote
Srivatsava
 Srivatsava
(@Srivatsava)
18/04/2020 8:55 pm  

@srikapardhi Galaxy A50s

The signal parameters are strong, so may be that helps get better performance

ReplyQuote
Srivatsava
 Srivatsava
(@Srivatsava)
18/04/2020 8:58 pm  

@srikapardhi I use Airtel as my primary number. I am planning to move to Vodafone RedX once they set their network right, enable VoWiFi, CA, etc., In the previous 6 months there was a lot of uncertainty about their existence. Couldn’t risk it.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
18/04/2020 9:03 pm  

@Srivatsava

>Should agree on Samsung signal parameters. 

>I agree there is uncertainty around. Also after experiencing RCOM/Aircel no customer would risk their number or connectivity needs. Good choice 👍  

But I'm hopeful that Vodafone is here to stay. Fingers X

ReplyQuote
SS (Shivang Singh)
 SS (Shivang Singh)
(@SS (Shivang Singh))
18/04/2020 9:04 pm  

I am in a dilemma right now. 

I had Vodafone here in UPE since 2016 and before that I was using Vodafone in Delhi. Unfortunately in August of last year, I had to switch to Jio as the network degraded drastically during the integration process. Jio usually has bad speeds throughout entire UPE unless you have a CA enabled phone (which I don't) but band locking on band 3 enabled decent 5Mbps speeds throughout the entire time. 

I switched my mom's number to Vodafone last Jan and at the current date I can say is that Vodafone has drastically improved LTE network and VoLTE at least in my location. 

Now, Vodafone doesn't has subpar rural coverage and indoor coverage compared to Jio but I always had a soft spot for Vodafone and call me crazy, but I am thinking of switching to Vodafone back. 

Why? I don't have a concrete reason. But coupled by the fact that Vodafone doesn't have any web filter now a days and doesn't use DPI like Jio, I think Vodafone might have my vote. Also, from my bottom of the heart, I wish Vodafone Idea survives and all the 4 telcos remain in decent health. 

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
18/04/2020 9:13 pm  

@SS (Shivang Singh)

Posted by: @SS (Shivang Singh)

always had a soft spot for Vodafone and call me crazy, but I am thinking of switching to Vodafone back

You got connected with the brand/consumer experience somewhere and that is not at all crazy. 

Also, you don't need to have a concrete reason - it's just a feeling one connects to.

I somehow feel they have seen ups and downs, and this is nothing they can't withstand.

Just a matter of time.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
18/04/2020 9:16 pm  

@SS (Shivang Singh) Btw, SS do visit and initiate a conversation/topic here whenever you can spend some time.

ReplyQuote
Srivatsava
 Srivatsava
(@Srivatsava)
18/04/2020 9:19 pm  

@srikapardhi Yes! Used Idea for a good period even after Jio launch. Idea had always been a better network in AP. Merging with Vodafone added to its vows. Airtel managed to maintain its position in AP with the spectrum capabilities, upgrading technology and backend. Jio will be behind Airtel, Idea in AP any day.

ReplyQuote
SS (Shivang Singh)
 SS (Shivang Singh)
(@SS (Shivang Singh))
19/04/2020 10:34 am  
Posted by: @srikapardhi

@SS (Shivang Singh) Btw, SS do visit and initiate a conversation/topic here whenever you can spend some time.

I would love to. The forum is really a step in right direction. Honestly speaking, I stopped visiting this website after numerous issues with some of the "more recent" authors but the forum idea is great. I remember we still had a lot of fun 9 years back even in comment section.

ReplyQuote
Mehar Mehta
 Mehar Mehta
(@Mehar Mehta)
20/04/2020 6:18 am  

@Srivatsava What made you to say say Jio will be behind AP ?

Any reason ? As far as I know they are doing really doing good in Ap in terms of customers and new customer addition .

What is making you to say that ?

ReplyQuote
Srivatsava
 Srivatsava
(@Srivatsava)
20/04/2020 10:44 am  

@Mehar Mehta That’s their problem. Despite AP being their #1 circle in terms of subscribers, they did not try to buy extra spectrum. As a result their network is always congested. I say this from first hand experience. I used it right from their pre-launch days. On the other hand Airtel, Idea are not losing it to Jio. Both of them were #1 and #2 before Jio entered. We still use 2 Jio connections at home actively. Their network spread is so good. I always get full signal but to no use. The overwhelming number of subscribers are choking the network. Despite this if you still get good speeds, you must be in a good area.

ReplyQuote
AVOID LOVER
 AVOID LOVER
(@AVOID LOVER)
29/04/2020 5:39 pm  

VODAFONE VOLTE WORKING IN MPCG????? kausik ima give me proof any update on this (@srikapardhi)

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: