Vodafone Idea and Nokia Deploys Largest MIMO and DSR Technology in India  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Shrijan Soni
(@shrijan)
Member Moderator
03/06/2020 6:34 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Vodafone Idea and Nokia have finished the first phase of deploying the world's largest Dynamic Spectrum Reframing in India. Not only this, but the companies have also deployed the largest massive Multiple Input Multiple Output (maMIMO) installation in India. The…

Ayan
 Ayan
(@Ayan)
03/06/2020 7:34 pm  

Is there any changes visible to users in these circles? I don't see any good feedback. Operators in India talk more and do less in terms of coverage and quality.

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Trusted Member
03/06/2020 9:34 pm  

Great news for metros then 😏 

here 4G network is not even constant & internet disappeares for 15 to 20 minutes maximum during day time 😓 😢 

ReplyQuote
Prithvi
 Prithvi
(@Prithvi)
03/06/2020 9:42 pm  

This is big news if it solves the current Vodafone-IDEA issues of 'no electricity no mobile+data' and 'dodgy mobile+data during cloudy weather/monsoons' and 'general loss of data connectivity that shifts 4G to H/E whereby E has zero kbps'.

Faraz liked
ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Trusted Member
03/06/2020 10:13 pm  

@Prithvi I guess that Problem with Vodafone is at most of the places.. that's why we see so many memes on it 🤣 🤣 

Here E gives aprox 50 kbps while 3G does not show H & respond out of service in Notification or no network 😒 

ReplyQuote
Binu Mathew
 Binu Mathew
(@Binu Mathew)
03/06/2020 11:05 pm  

All. these claims are false bull shit by Vodafone! These beggars dont invest in network upgradation even if you write ti their management - vishant dot vora at vodafoneidea dot com

Faraz liked
ReplyQuote
Asi
 Asi
(@Asi)
03/06/2020 11:21 pm  

5500 towers in 8 circles ( avg of 700 towers per Circle) it's ok for Mumbai and kolkata since both are cities but about other circles which include multiple cities

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep, Kolkata
 Biswadeep, Kolkata
(@Biswadeep, Kolkata)
03/06/2020 11:37 pm  

Now a days Vodafone network has become pathetic in Kolkata Location ... !!! After the Cyclone Amphan I can't even talk to my friends/colleagues who are using vodafone ... !!!
Most of my relatives and friends are moving out of it to either Jio or to Airtel.
Previously Vodafone used to have 900MHz band for 2G in Kolkata and thus they had fewer cell sites than others and now even they have almost the same number of sites when they operate on Bands like 2500,2100 for 4G.
Atleast I have not seen any new Vodafone Towers came up in my 20Km radius area. If anyone from Kolkata circle has seen something like that please let me know in the comments.
Let me give an example .. In my area(It's a extremely high data usage area according to Jio and Airtel) Jio added arround 8 towers in last 1 year with a total of 10 towers, Airtel added 3 last year with a total of 7 towers(another 3 is going to be live from July) ... And guess what Vodafone had only 2 sites in 2010 and even today it has only those 2 sites.

Faraz liked
ReplyQuote
Biswadeep, Kolkata
 Biswadeep, Kolkata
(@Biswadeep, Kolkata)
03/06/2020 11:41 pm  

Vodafone has done almost minimal to no coverage expansion in last 2-3 years here at Kolkata circle. So even if they have deployed all these then only people living within 50-60 meters of the site might be seeing a quality upgrade. Overall it seems to be deteriorated even more.

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Trusted Member
04/06/2020 12:13 pm  

@Binu Mathew 😊 

Thanks for the email address 

ReplyQuote
kKunal
 kKunal
(@kKunal)
04/06/2020 12:16 pm  

I don't see any improvement in the Mumbai circle. Most of the calls are dropped midway, sometimes the network just goes off and needs to be restarted, and some times the call just says out of coverage area or switched off.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
04/06/2020 6:17 pm  

In Bangalore, vodafone has matched 1:1 with Airtel and jio towers post merger. In my area, there were 3 towers of both Airtel and jio, and two from vil. Later post merger, vil aadedd additional third site on existing jio , Airtel site to enhance coverage. So things are different in different circles... Basically they r using removed duplicate equipment removed from site and installed on new site.

Kolkata is their prime circle, so not sure why they are slow or not installing enough site.

Moreover I am not able to understand their strategy itself of where and how they r cost cutting...

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep, Kolkata
 Biswadeep, Kolkata
(@Biswadeep, Kolkata)
05/06/2020 1:43 pm  

Kolkata used to be their Prime circle bit it seems that it is not anymore after their merger.
Today an network engineer came to my for Jio optimisation and he told that previously he was in Vodafone but recently Switched to Jio... he was telling that in last 6 months vodafone basically invested nothing in coverage improvement and just like I told .. no new sites were planned as well

ReplyQuote
Saikat
 Saikat
(@Saikat)
06/06/2020 2:07 am  

I ported out from Vodafone due to high latency and low download speed. It barely reached 2 Mbps, in locations like Park Street, Mullickbazar, Beckbagan. Latency had crossed 400 ms on nearest servers. Funnily enough, the upload speed never dropped below 16 Mbps. I used to switch to Vodafone 3g for usage.

ReplyQuote
Kaushik IMA
 Kaushik IMA
(@Kaushik IMA)
07/06/2020 4:13 pm  

No particular issues in MPCG. Vodafone VoLTE started working too about three months ago, though it is still not advertised on the Vodafone Idea website. Carrier aggregation also works (tested with Galaxy A80, S10). It's actually very good since Vodafone Idea has perhaps best spectrum holding in MPCG.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2

Leave a reply

Create Poll 
Poll Details

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: