Notifications
Clear all

Vodafone Idea Switches to "Vi" Brand Identity, Completes Network Integration  

RSS

Chakri K
(@chakri)
Member Admin
07/09/2020 12:47 pm  

Vodafone and Idea brands today announced the completion of network integration which both the brands started back in 2018. Vodafone Idea Limited today marked the completion of the world's largest network integration with the launch of a single brand identity-…

Abc
 Abc
(@Abc)
07/09/2020 12:51 pm  

Changing name and logo doesn't effect network experience.. Good joke vodafone

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep Mondal
 Biswadeep Mondal
(@Biswadeep Mondal)
07/09/2020 1:03 pm  

Lets see what happens next, Hope now they invest in upgrading and installing new towers also bringing attractive plans

ReplyQuote
Sachin
 Sachin
(@Sachin)
07/09/2020 1:09 pm  

new logo loks like xiamis MI

ReplyQuote
Atheist
 Atheist
(@Atheist)
07/09/2020 1:09 pm  

1 chor + 1 chor = more chori. Changing name and logo doesn't change their core practices. 2 useless networks merge today with plans to loot even more tomorrow. It all ended when Orange/Hutch ended.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
07/09/2020 1:11 pm  

They feel their company is a FMCG, not a Telecom, concerntrates on brand building rather than network upgrading.

ReplyQuote
Abc
 Abc
(@Abc)
07/09/2020 1:15 pm  

So , to change a logo whole vodafoneidea site went down for sometimes.. #vodaidea u seriously need a lesson to learn From JIO

ReplyQuote
Abc
 Abc
(@Abc)
07/09/2020 1:19 pm  

Now vodaidea is a fashion site.. Its looks glamorous from outside but inner core is dheela...

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep Mondal
 Biswadeep Mondal
(@Biswadeep Mondal)
07/09/2020 1:19 pm  

exactly, not to forget the debt of $6 billion to Govt. they still owes

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep Mondal
 Biswadeep Mondal
(@Biswadeep Mondal)
07/09/2020 1:21 pm  

along with network expansion they need to built the good customer care, also simultaneously pay back the debt within next 10 yrs

ReplyQuote
Abc
 Abc
(@Abc)
07/09/2020 1:23 pm  

Vi is finished from 1st day of rebranding

ReplyQuote
Abc
 Abc
(@Abc)
07/09/2020 1:25 pm  

I don't know wat vodaidea thinks.. They thinking all Indians r idiots they buying ur sims by seeing VI a multicolored logo

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep Mondal
 Biswadeep Mondal
(@Biswadeep Mondal)
07/09/2020 1:30 pm  

I think gradually Vodafone group will exit India by first reducing its stake then gradually Verizon or someone else taking over the company with time. I am not saying it will happen now but may be in future 4-5 yrs down the line things may happen. Also rising China-India tensions will effect these times as who knows if then govt. tries to woo US and thus Verizon or someone else may step in, As they will have dollars and eager to invest in India and on the other hand govt will need someone to collect the AGR dues from, hence a handshake. Yesterday just saw a news article that ministry of Defense is eyeing for F35s. Overall an interesting time lies ahead

ReplyQuote
Vasaikar
 Vasaikar
(@Vasaikar)
07/09/2020 2:05 pm  

Are they in the process of shutting down 3G in Maharashtra circle ? I'm noticing since last week, their LTE seems weak. I don't know if it's something to do with the specific site or it's due to the process of upgrading 2100 Mhz to LTE. Definitely after integration the Network was doing well.

ReplyQuote
Boom
 Boom
(@Boom)
07/09/2020 2:41 pm  

Hahaha goodone @Abc

ReplyQuote
Krish
(@krish)
07/09/2020 2:46 pm  

Vi 

ReplyQuote
Twitu
 Twitu
(@Twitu)
07/09/2020 2:50 pm  

Not related to new logo unveiling/branding strategy of Vodaidea but, wanted to know...

1.Assuming if BSNL does 4G ICRA arrangement with Vodafone-Idea only, what quantum amount shall BSNL have to pay every year?

2. Isn't it financially viable for BSNL to go ahead with this proposal instead of pumping in more money(already under financial duress, same as the case with Vodafone-Idea) to have it's own 4G infrastructure in place?

3. Will this supposed 4G ICRA with Vodafone-Idea be win-win for the both the operators, as in BSNL won't have to worry about setting up it's own 4G infrastructure, their by saving on maintenance, other costs involved, and it shall be absorbed by Vodafone-Idea, and the money received via 4G ICRA, will certainly help Vodafone-Idea reduce their financial burden ,right? How does it work?

I couldn't find relevant information in search engines on 4G ICRA, so these questions were looming in my head since the news of supposed 4G ICRA of BSNL I read here...

Would really appreicate a new article or expert opinion on explaining financials involved in the long term from both the perspectives.

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Prathibha bhat G
 Prathibha bhat G
(@Prathibha bhat G)
07/09/2020 3:11 pm  

But network is not Good ..Poor Coverage .lot of Call drops.. Leaving customers ..it is So tough for the company to Servive comming days ..

ReplyQuote
Sachin
 Sachin
(@Sachin)
07/09/2020 3:25 pm  

thy my create virtual ntwrk like reliance 4G &JIO 4G

ReplyQuote
Vikas
 Vikas
(@Vikas)
07/09/2020 3:53 pm  

Where's the VI "Pro Critic "? [email protected] ... @Chetan..... Helloooooo!!!!

ReplyQuote
yeshwanth
 yeshwanth
(@yeshwanth)
07/09/2020 4:11 pm  

they done network intergration backend, but tower-wise intergration still not happend, due to duel towers in same place and even today i am getting vodafone sim with different network and idea sim getting different network.

ReplyQuote
Krish
(@krish)
07/09/2020 4:59 pm  

They intentionally kept the name Vi, coz if Verizon buys stake of Vodafone, they won't need to change the brand name or if Verizon buys both Vodafone and ideas share, it will be Vi-Verizon India 🤣🤣🤣

All options are open.

ReplyQuote
mukul
 mukul
(@mukul)
07/09/2020 5:03 pm  

It looks like a downgrade to me. Its funny kind of. If they shifted to Vodafone it might be better like postpaid. I think Vodafone don't want to spoil their brand name, so they adopt this weird name.

ReplyQuote
TelecomNerd
 TelecomNerd
(@TelecomNerd)
07/09/2020 5:13 pm  

Laughable to even call it a strategy.

ReplyQuote
Realist
 Realist
(@Realist)
07/09/2020 6:06 pm  

V x I = POWER !

ReplyQuote
Vodafone hater
 Vodafone hater
(@Vodafone hater)
07/09/2020 6:06 pm  

Ye Vodafone aur idea milke hame chutiya bana raha hain.

ReplyQuote
BSNL USER
 BSNL USER
(@BSNL USER)
07/09/2020 6:46 pm  

that's what i am thinking LMAO 😛

ReplyQuote
BSNL USER
 BSNL USER
(@BSNL USER)
07/09/2020 6:49 pm  

you must be chetan 😛

ReplyQuote
Sheeth
 Sheeth
(@Sheeth)
07/09/2020 6:49 pm  

it is a great move. New brand names looks modern and refreshed. Let’s hope a strong comeback from Vodafone

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
07/09/2020 8:11 pm  

ReplyQuote
Kaushik IMA
 Kaushik IMA
(@Kaushik IMA)
07/09/2020 8:15 pm  

Sigh. Straight out of Orange/TMobile merger playbook from the UK
Launch 5G under one brand....
I am not confident tricks of Europe will work in India. But let's see.

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
07/09/2020 8:19 pm  

Yup.. I was thinking the same.
quite similar to Chinese naming strategy.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
07/09/2020 8:31 pm  

next expected is low cost postpaid plan , Rs300 per mnth including GST.

and handset budling plan for both prepaid as well as postpaid, segment paying below rs300 and above 300 per month.
Too boost ARPU naturally without applying tariff hike.

Second round of Direct tariff hike in december.

ReplyQuote
Mani
 Mani
(@Mani)
07/09/2020 9:18 pm  

Personal view: The ad for new v! brand is just few set of people saying "vi".

keeps ringing in the head for a long time. Dislike!

ReplyQuote
asi
 asi
(@asi)
07/09/2020 9:45 pm  

There is a low cot plan for vodafone prepaid user 199 excluding gst i don't know now it's available or not

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep Mondal
 Biswadeep Mondal
(@Biswadeep Mondal)
07/09/2020 11:19 pm  

I just heard it on their new Instagram handle and my ears are still bleeding, totally cringy jingle. Even back in 2016 Jio's tune was also bit cringy with floating hot air balloons in tv commercials.

ReplyQuote
Sujay SG
 Sujay SG
(@Sujay SG)
07/09/2020 11:20 pm  

So finally VIL Has become now " V! " .
a FINE RESTART by Vodafone Idea i.e V! . Rebranded Looks are Stunning & myV! app is supercool. in upcoming days , i wish V! Network Customers get Good Network Coverage , Best Data Speeds @ an affordable tariff across the country.
Last but not the least ,
Best Of Luck V! for ur third Innings !!

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
08/09/2020 3:20 am  

The F35 is a very capable stealth fighter jet. Far better than the Chinese or the new Korean one which will be made. Israel uses the F35i(Israeli version of the F35) all over the middle east without being detected. It's a masterpiece!

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
08/09/2020 5:48 am  

Was travelling for 3 days, tired. Sleeping...
Will also write my experience of voda idea, airtel jio and bsnl within extensive travel in Karnataka

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
08/09/2020 6:20 am  

No, I come directly with my name. No hidden names...

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
08/09/2020 6:21 am  

Don't be nitpicker ....

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
08/09/2020 6:44 am  

Company says yes there are problems in network at 'few' places and we will fix it. But public experience says problems are more than that in 'few' places. There is disconnect here itself between company and its subscribers...

Over social media, all its customers are writing booooo. Saying where are you getting this money to rebrand yourself when network is trash, call drops are massive. Many folks are saying got riddence just ported my no. yesterday , Vodafone was better name than this VI...
SO my view is they should have first acted on its network and bring smile on its subsciber face than this rebranding . Rebranding couild have been done after 1 or two months...

Also with this new branding it give clear path for any or both promoters to leave the partnership in future... Individual names like Vodafone and idea have gone so any promoters leave the JV then people will not care much...
Also company should be in sync with promoters, Vodafone says we will not invest a penny anymore but company says they are supportive and committed. Various reporters were pressing to company management on this but they refuse to take further questions on this topic. So clearly promoters are not committed and looking for best timeing to exit.

Rebranding will keep guessing it's prospective customers on what's good lies ahead in future with its network, services etc and thus will arrest exodus for few months...

But any hike in price should come with visible networks improvement on ground other it will backfire more...

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
08/09/2020 6:47 am  

My strong view is call drops should not happen, network availability should be all the time. Data speeds can varry from place to place... But what irks the customers more if calls itself drops, network signal goes out of range etc . Then they start leaving the network...

Vi fails in this department while jio might have pathetic speeds at most places but still customers do not leave in large nos... Infact it balances it out with addition in large nos. from other areas...

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
08/09/2020 6:50 am  

Company said informally that 3g will be shutdown by 27th August to one its large iot customer Ather Energy but it is still running in Bangalore...

Not sure what kind of deadline they follow...
That customer did tie up with bsnl and started replacing sim also in scooter..but here network is still running ...

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
08/09/2020 8:03 am  

Vi should now rollout wifi calling. Its high time ....

ReplyQuote
Akshay Goel
 Akshay Goel
(@Akshay Goel)
08/09/2020 9:02 am  

Have anyone else noticed rebranding as in the attached image.

It is being since today morning (i.e. 8th September 2020 Morning)

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
08/09/2020 9:56 am  

This will show only in apple phones. It will not show in android as it picks up name from sim profile untill unless in roaming.

Btw only 1 bar signal. How r u managing dude..

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep Mondal
 Biswadeep Mondal
(@Biswadeep Mondal)
08/09/2020 10:51 am  

Yes now doubt best till date, the only one drawback is F35 are super faucking costly XD XD

ReplyQuote
Akshay Goel
 Akshay Goel
(@Akshay Goel)
08/09/2020 12:20 pm  

Hi Chetan,

You are right that it is show only in apple phones but in case of android it is in roaming.

Also, i have noticed that it works on idea network only as i am noticing on idea up west 2G and Idea Delhi 4G but change is not noticed on Vodafone Delhi 2G & 3G. As, In Delhi NCR circle, VIL has Idea 4G combined with Vodafone 2G & 3G till date.

So nice of you brother for your concern, My Primary Nos. is of Airtel & Jio with both has 2 Bars but due to I live in residential area of Ghaziabad so we don't get proper signals over here but it is well compensated by Wifi Calling else previoulsy use to move out to balcony for answering the calls :D. Still i have keep Vodafone no. for using Eastern Delhi as they only provide proper signals indoor but jio is improving now till then i have keep the backup V! Sim.

But if they improve carrier services in my area alongwith launching Wifi Calling then i will port my primary no. to V!.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
08/09/2020 12:50 pm  

Yeah, really costly. But I'm sure the government has the money :v

ReplyQuote
Kaushik Roy
 Kaushik Roy
(@Kaushik Roy)
08/09/2020 1:02 pm  

Message received from IDEA MP

ReplyQuote
V! Lover
 V! Lover
(@V! Lover)
08/09/2020 1:10 pm  

it is also showing in Xiaomi Phones

ReplyQuote
Sujay SG
 Sujay SG
(@Sujay SG)
08/09/2020 2:18 pm  

Finally as someone predicted here,
Mota Bhai (Viacom 18 subsidiary of RIL) HAS JOINED HANDS with airtel !!
VOOT Premium Content Now available on airtel xstream's multiple screens i.e now being made available across various airtel xstream platforms !!
Real Game Begins Now !
V! Should be RESCUED Only By GOD Now !
Have a glimpse of article as published by ET Telecom below.

ReplyQuote
Sujay SG
 Sujay SG
(@Sujay SG)
08/09/2020 2:50 pm  

By Having VOOT Content Partnership with airtel for the 1st time , IT CLEARLY INDICATES " THE MAY BE FUTURE PARTNERSHIP " With Reliance Jio & airtel !!! Future is very tough for V! from now on. it seriously should make efforts by enhancing network quality & data speeds with additional tieup with multiple broadcaster companies to provide more attractive perks along with existing partnership with ZEE5 , SUN NXT , SONY LIV , LIONGATES PLAY etc @ an affordable tariff.

ReplyQuote
Vishal
 Vishal
(@Vishal)
08/09/2020 3:54 pm  

I don't know what plans they have for capacity improvements in TN & KAR circles only 5mbps is given on a average. Lack of TDD bands here is a serious issue for VIL.

Also still 3G is running parallel.

ReplyQuote
Priyansh
 Priyansh
(@Priyansh)
08/09/2020 4:00 pm  

It would've been better had the upside i (or the exclamation mark whatever you say it) was Yellow in Colour, I feel my !dea has been overpowered by the Vodafone. Just Yellow Dot isn't Enough. :'(

When you go to their New Website, the Vodafone (in red) and Idea (in Yellow) merges to VI in red and the title of i to be Yellow. Indirectly !dea Cellular brand has been killed. The Popular brand of rural area has been overshadowed by the Urban and Metro brand, is it because of the majority shareholding with the Vodafone PLC. No major decision making powers too for Idea Management, just a Chairman position (who functions like a Non Executive Director).

My Idea has died in this new company. Vodafone stores were called Mini Stores, so claiming every store to be a Vi Mini Store is also one of the testimony to it. To be Honest, not a Great Logo specially for Idea Loyalists. Also what a stupid name, Vi, seriously. VIL was better than it.

ReplyQuote
Mudassar
 Mudassar
(@Mudassar)
08/09/2020 4:10 pm  

Getting this new name since today morning

ReplyQuote
Vodafone hater
 Vodafone hater
(@Vodafone hater)
08/09/2020 5:45 pm  

No, I'm what I'm. Now like company I'm rebranded myself.

ReplyQuote
V! Hater
 V! Hater
(@V! Hater)
08/09/2020 5:49 pm  

No, I'm what I'm. Now rebranded myself like the company. Enjoy the trolls.

ReplyQuote
V! Lover
 V! Lover
(@V! Lover)
08/09/2020 7:33 pm  

same here

ReplyQuote
V! Lover
 V! Lover
(@V! Lover)
08/09/2020 7:35 pm  

Vi is Swedish word which means US, WE 😛