Forum

Vodafone and Airtel...

Notifications
Clear all

Vodafone and Airtel Registered Increased 4G Download Speed During July 2020: Trai  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Honorable Member
08/08/2020 1:48 pm  

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) released data of 4G download speeds for the telcos. The report is for the month of July 2020 and it highlights that Vodafone and Airtel have registered higher 4G download speeds than the…

SACHIN
 SACHIN
(@SACHIN)
08/08/2020 2:33 pm  

customers leaving their ntwrk..so no load..i

ReplyQuote
Ash
 Ash
(@Ash)
08/08/2020 5:28 pm  

Airtel 4G (2CA) speed Hyderabad on poco (pixel rom installed).

ReplyQuote
Neha
 Neha
(@Neha)
08/08/2020 6:40 pm  

Looks like Vodafone completed their integration....Planning to port back to Vodafone from Jio prepaid.

ReplyQuote
Aravind
 Aravind
(@Aravind)
08/08/2020 6:45 pm  

Every customer is looking for better speed and stability irrespective of load or no load. In our surrounding, both Vodafone and Airtel have excellent coverage. So only the brand value differentiate between two.

ReplyQuote
Ravi
 Ravi
(@Ravi)
08/08/2020 7:45 pm  

These results are rigged. Infact, Airtel heavily throttles 4G data speeds.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
08/08/2020 8:34 pm  

Empty vessels make more noise. Lol.

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
09/08/2020 9:23 am  

In Feb: At my relative's location, I used to get more than 100mbps on Airtel. Max I clocked was 105mbps. But now whenever I speedtest, it never crosses 30mbps. Still I get more than 25mbps always which is good enough but compared to earlier, we can say there is a huge decrease in speed. Is Airtel throttling speed or is it because of increased load?

Additionally, I went to Airtel store yesterday to port my secondary number. They asked me to pay 150rs for savings bank. When I said that I am not interested in savings bank account then they said that it was compulsory to open it. I just left without porting. Is it compulsory to open account now? Are there any changes in rules?

ReplyQuote
Ash
 Ash
(@Ash)
09/08/2020 2:45 pm  

New chat style removed the img.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
09/08/2020 7:09 pm  

Sahil,. There is no change in rule. This is done under pressure from airtel management. They must have put strict or lucarative targets from airtel payments bank and now they are fooling customers. Vodafoneidea also does this when you are already a postpaid subscriber and you get personalised call to upgrade on redX plan. Some customers are fraudulently moved into this plan without customers consent. Social media is filled with such complaints.

If you like airtel voda speeds then you will have to live with their arm twisting habits and fraud...

Many a times we have discussed about such things not happening in jio. But I don't like how they are fleecing new customers in the name jio prime 99Rs. I think this needs to be investigated

ReplyQuote
Pratik
 Pratik
(@Pratik)
09/08/2020 7:47 pm  

These are the things that will take vil down from the market.
This is fraud and sheer 420 work done by company which is struggling to survive. No doubt they are loosing massive subscibers

ReplyQuote
Dandy Don
 Dandy Don
(@Dandy Don)
09/08/2020 8:36 pm  

Thamilan daa
So that’s why u make so much noise.
Actually, all over India I personally feel Airtel has improved Network coverage and Speed.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
10/08/2020 12:38 am  

Although not compulsory, but if open, no dmages.

U can avail some recharge and postpaid payment at discount.

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
10/08/2020 9:29 am  

Yes. That is correct. But are they charging 150 for that? Last time when I ported, I was only charged 25rs for sim. Account opening was free. On that day somehow my finger print didn't work as they were having some issue or else I would have opened an account for free.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
10/08/2020 11:43 pm  

Pratik :
Cancel will stol the porting process.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
10/08/2020 11:54 pm  

Same applies for you.

I already told that airtel VoLTE does not work in all the phones where Jio VoLTE works. Even some phones were made before the commercial launch of Jio. Then also Jio VoLTE works in them. What do you say now?.

Do not talk about rooting. Jio 4G 2300 MHz coverage is stronger than airtel 4G 2300 MHz in the town and city limits in Tamilnadu. All phones always latch to the highest frequency available. This is the problem.

Airtel and Jio's 4G 1800 MHz are equally stronger including airtel's 4G 2100 MHz.

In Tamilnadu, airtel has 4G in 1800 Mhz, 2100 MHz (after shutting down 3G) and 2300 MHz (after buying from aircel more than 2 years before shutdown).

Jio SIM provide the following network search option '4G only' only in the Samsung phones which is of great advantage in saving the battery as the phone only searches the supported 4G bands when the coverage becomes nil.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
10/08/2020 11:56 pm  

Ash :
Use your common sense. Do not post the incomplete speed test. If you have dareness, post the complete (unaltered) speed test here.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
10/08/2020 11:57 pm  

Vodafone 4G upload speed is good. But the cc service is worst and they loot the main balance.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
11/08/2020 12:09 am  

Sahil :
Just ask their contact number and leave the location. File a complaint at pg portal against the airtel store (along with the store contact number) that forced to to open airtel payments bank. Hope then the problem will be resolved.

Just follow the format :
"This complaint is only against airtel and airtel store. Please call only to xxxxxxxxxx to talk about the complaint. I went to a airtel store at <location name> <pin code> <district_name> <state_name> for changing the operator of my existing number to airtel. But they are forcing me to open airtel payments bank account by aaking Rs.150. There is no such rule by TRAI or DoT. I want to port my existing connection to airtel without opening airtel payments bank. Please take severe action against the airtel store for forcing the users to open a new airtel payments bank aaccount.

ReplyQuote
Rupendra Singh
 Rupendra Singh
(@Rupendra Singh)
11/08/2020 1:06 pm  

No rule, I'm now a Airtel distributor at my village in Madhya Pradesh, you can contact a retailer if you want a prepaid connection, port is free as well as Airtel giving one month free recharge on port.

ReplyQuote
Sampath Kumar S
 Sampath Kumar S
(@Sampath Kumar S)
11/08/2020 9:40 pm  

The decrease in speed is because of change in priority of network band. Airtel gives 100mbps speed in Band 3 (1800) and your mobile should latch on to that band to get high speed.Using rooting, we can forcedly select the band that is required.

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
13/08/2020 11:14 am  

First they need to improve MySpeed portal regulated by Trai so much..
Then only we will believe half of it.
I don't believe any of it, even fast dot com website is much better than this government portal/app

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
13/08/2020 11:33 am  

Then I believe that Girl was from Vodafone, and scamed him to cancel port request..
Haha well played

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: