Notifications
Clear all

TRAI: Telcos Lose 82,31,591 Subscribers In the Month of April 2020  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Honorable Member
24/07/2020 7:36 pm  

As per a report from Telecom Regulatory of India (Trai), telcos have lost more than 82 lakh wireless subscribers (2G, 3G, 4G) in the month of April 2020. It is surprising since during that month India was in a strict…

SS (Shivang Singh)
 SS (Shivang Singh)
(@SS (Shivang Singh))
24/07/2020 8:16 pm  

Airtel lost the most amount of subscribers but it was the only operator whose VLR didn't drop much. VIL VLR fell to around 88% whereas Jio fell to 78%. It's baffling to see Jio's VLR in many circles in sixties. 

They better start deactivating unused numbers. 

And, Vodafone did gain a lot of subs in my circle of UPE- the only circle where it gained subscribers. 

ReplyQuote
Bokkale
 Bokkale
(@Bokkale)
24/07/2020 9:53 pm  

Actually the numbers will go much lower if jio remove those unused numbers. I removed a total of three sims from my home. Actually one sim was broken long back 2yrs ago. When i call customer care person and asked her to deactivate number, she said that number will be deactivated after 90days, but it is almost 2yrs. But that number still on my name in my jio app. Reality is far differ from these numbers. I think it's a strategy of the business. Show the world that u have huge customer base and get investments.

ReplyQuote
Andrew
 Andrew
(@Andrew)
24/07/2020 10:33 pm  

Can somebody say why Idea customers cannot register on Vodafone network via network selection option in Kerala circle?

ReplyQuote
Chetan-bengaluru
 Chetan-bengaluru
(@Chetan-bengaluru)
25/07/2020 12:05 am  

True, leaving connection active truly tells insecurity of jio desperately wanting to maintain market share parity with others.

But see from this angle that user might again put that same sim card and recharge it may be after 1 yr. It's a dynamic business where coverage plans etc keep changing and as user experience too hence jio might want to keep grabbing such opportunities and not wait for user to buy another sim/no. Later from the market. So we don't knwo why jio does this but they surely have business reason to do so.

I for one had recharged my old jio no. Purchased during trial offer in 2016 recently as I moved my primary number to airtel to experience its new PRIORITY claim.

Also it is upto the operator descretion that they can keep no. remain activated for years but cannot deactivate less than 90 days of no recharge. Bsnl keeps it for 6 months .

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
25/07/2020 1:32 am  

Which means 15,75,333 customers are proactive, cautious, anticipative and preplanned their lockdown days in the month of April itself by only relying on one telco as per TRAI.

Trying to guess the next things in sequence....  

START

CHECK - If FRIDAY 

1. Do - Someone somewhere from a different country will come up out of the blue and release a statement on this feat achieved. 

2. Command ACTIVATE Analyst views. 

3. Print the statements - Shows the confidence of customers to investors. 

4. Repeat AUTO SCROLL

MONDAY ?

COLOUR : GREEN ? 

TASK COMPLETE, for now. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
25/07/2020 5:37 am  

yes chetan, same ahappen with my relatives. Sim purchased during sep-dec2016 trail offer was not is use after end of 2018, because Rcom sim was ported to jio as primary sim.

Now trial offer sim was active even after 9-12 months, and now being given to other relative to save cost of rs99-prime, heance number is also maintained among family circle and saves cost and additional revenue to jio, as recharges have gone up.
Again i see SIM consolidation here happening too.

Secondly i wanted to know why JIO doesnt provide choice number either in prepaid/postpaid.
Waiting to grab my rcom 93 series number,which was in use till end of 2016.

ReplyQuote
Telecomtalk visitor
 Telecomtalk visitor
(@Telecomtalk visitor)
25/07/2020 8:50 am  

Hi, first confirm that in your circle network integration already done or yet to happen i.e. Idea & Vodafone both signals currently available?
Kindly share the screenshot of your network list in manual keep 2G/3G/4G network mode.
Actually in my circle this happened till 2nd week of July 2019, By using Idea SIM only Vodafone 3G & 4G can be latched before 2nd week of July after 2nd week of July, 2G also be connected in Vodafone & from last week of July network integration started in my circle & Idea own signals get totally disappeared only Vodafone signal available & currently in the whole state no-where you will find Idea signal. In Idea own 3G network i get Download speed upto 10mbps & Upload speed upto 3 mbps but now in Vodafone 3G speeds are below 1 mbps download & upload 3 mbps very bad speed in Vodafone network.
Waiting for your reply.

ReplyQuote
Telecomtalk visitor
 Telecomtalk visitor
(@Telecomtalk visitor)
25/07/2020 8:54 am  

Idea 2G 1800mhz Band 3 & 3G 2100mhz Band 1 get upgraded in Vodafone 4G & speeds are very much worse before network integration in Vodafone 4G 1800mhz Band 3 speeds are very good & now most of the time it latched on Band 1 & speeds are not adequate.
I pertains from Kolkata/West Bengal circle.

ReplyQuote
Telecomtalk visitor
 Telecomtalk visitor
(@Telecomtalk visitor)
25/07/2020 8:55 am  

Kindly answer.

ReplyQuote
Telecomtalk visitor
 Telecomtalk visitor
(@Telecomtalk visitor)
25/07/2020 8:57 am  

If you have CellOne connection can you please share the speedtest of CellOne 4G.

ReplyQuote
Chetan-bengaluru
 Chetan-bengaluru
(@Chetan-bengaluru)
25/07/2020 9:38 am  

Network merger in Kerela still not completed. It is still in process

Mumbai, Maharashtra goa, Kerela and tamil nadu network merger is not completed yet

ReplyQuote
BSNL USER
 BSNL USER
(@BSNL USER)
25/07/2020 10:30 am  

Jio is looser now, jio has highest number of inactive user after bsnl, in mpcg, vil is adding customers at massive rates soon vil will get top spot back in their leading circle. Their network is also top notch in mp now after band 1 4g deployment there will be no match to Jio and airtel vil
Has more opportunities than hurdles.

ReplyQuote
VIL LOVER
 VIL LOVER
(@VIL LOVER)
25/07/2020 11:20 am  

Operator active subscriber april data

airtel 307.25 million

jio 306.40 million

VIL 283.87 Million

BSNL & MTNL 64.45 Million

ReplyQuote
Sameer
 Sameer
(@Sameer)
25/07/2020 11:43 am  

Someone pls help. I’m on jio Rs.329/84 days plan (recharged a week back). I’m in need of additional data, and if i recharge with jio’s Rs.151/30 GB/30 days WFH pack, will the validity of 30GB be for 30 days or till the validity of my Rs.329/84 days plan? And will 151 over-ride/invalidate my 329 plan?

ReplyQuote
Rahul
 Rahul
(@Rahul)
25/07/2020 12:16 pm  

Same thing happens with me, you can't deactivate that number. There is only one solution and that is, go to Jio office and recover that number for free. Now Port it to another number (Airtel, Voda, Idea etc) and leave the Sim for 3-4 months. Your connection will be deactivated normally. This is the only option left, i did the same and now i have only 1 connection.

ReplyQuote
Karthik
 Karthik
(@Karthik)
25/07/2020 12:47 pm  

Yaar vodafone pls do not credit Rs1 when customer send port out message and apply for portability.

This is sheer insult to customer. Also do you think any customer would stop his porting request JUST FOR 1 Rs.

This also shows to what level your desperation has reached to. On average 10mn customers in qtr you are loosing. Instead save that 1 Rs and invest in your tower to increase capacity

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
25/07/2020 2:08 pm  

Only UP East circle showing growth in number of wireless subscribers in April? They surely like getting new mobile connections during a pandemic lockdown...

ReplyQuote
Telecomtalk visitor
 Telecomtalk visitor
(@Telecomtalk visitor)
25/07/2020 2:42 pm  

Can you please share the speedtest results of Idea 3G network.
Thanks a lot for Boycott Jio.

ReplyQuote
Telecomtalk visitor
 Telecomtalk visitor
(@Telecomtalk visitor)
25/07/2020 2:45 pm  

Exactly CellOne 3G & Idea 4G giving good speed in Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh. Airtel 4G speeds are 10-15 mbps download & upload 4-5 mbps.

ReplyQuote
KGF
 KGF
(@KGF)
25/07/2020 2:52 pm  

It will be add-on and will work alongside your regular plan. The validity will be 30 days.

ReplyQuote
Telecomtalk visitor
 Telecomtalk visitor
(@Telecomtalk visitor)
25/07/2020 3:08 pm  

Customers who are giving up Vodafone Idea connections will have to back again in Vodafone Idea once network integration gets fully completed every customers will get good speeds, Once BSNL launch 4G services it will compete again, main motive to benefit Jio by Government & Airtel is still good.

ReplyQuote
Telecomtalk visitor
 Telecomtalk visitor
(@Telecomtalk visitor)
25/07/2020 3:15 pm  

It's a gentleness actually they don't want to lose you as their precious customer if you want to leave then nobody had given chain in your hands/leg. Don't think they are understanding you as beggar. The same happened with me when I have sent a Port out request to Vodafone after that they have credited 2rs in dedicated balance.

ReplyQuote
Chhota Chetan
 Chhota Chetan
(@Chhota Chetan)
25/07/2020 3:30 pm  

BSNL 4G. Signal strength 50%, nearest tower 5Kms. Rural Maharashtra. Non-peak time speeds around 15Mbps.

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
25/07/2020 3:32 pm  

Only 30days from the date of activation irrespective of plan validity.

ReplyQuote
Telecomtalk visitor
 Telecomtalk visitor
(@Telecomtalk visitor)
25/07/2020 3:37 pm  

Speeds of Idea 4G when Idea own 3G signal was available download speed 10mbps upload speed 4mbps in Vodafone 3G speed is very bad.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
25/07/2020 3:45 pm  

even that is not happening with me.
Ported MTS sim to idea in 2017
Idea sim last recharge Sep2019
Same Idea sim last used in handset (which means its on VLR data base Jan2020), i though 90 days over it must be deactivated

Same sim just checked into Myidea app in July 2020, still showing balance of rs1.95, In april2020, it got rs10 talktime and 28 days vailidity showing uder myidea.

either Idea dont deactivate ported number or either one of activity, sms, incoming sms, VLR, Mydea app is holding it for not going for deactivation

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
25/07/2020 3:46 pm  

30 days only..

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
25/07/2020 3:55 pm  

Airtel didn't even de activate my telenor number yet. So I highly doubt this thing gonna work.
Better method is to avoid getting new number from now & keep porting the old number.

ReplyQuote
Manav
 Manav
(@Manav)
25/07/2020 4:06 pm  

The Validity of 151 pack will be for 30 days only and it will not over-ride/invalidate your 329 plan

ReplyQuote
NTM
 NTM
(@NTM)
25/07/2020 6:36 pm  

Do 2 recharges of Rs. 100 talktime, you will receive 2 10-10 GB data vouchers.
Then recharge & activate Rs. 151 work from home pack from above balance. It will work with your Rs. 329 plan bt validity of 30 GB data will be days.
After you exhausted all your data then you can activate the above 10 gb data vouchers whenever you want within 90 days of recharge.

ReplyQuote
Ram
 Ram
(@Ram)
26/07/2020 10:45 am  

So, after reading all the comments, I come to the conclusion that:

Statistics doesn't reflect the reality.

And "Digital India" doesn't mean "Transparency" in Indian Governance. It's just an avenue to loot more money.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
26/07/2020 2:11 pm  

By April 2021
Active VLR would be
JIO- 345
Airtel -325
VIL - 245
BSNL- 85

Expecting some of JIO, avoid will shift to bsnl considering lower prices and launch of more 4G district

ReplyQuote
VIL LOVER
 VIL LOVER
(@VIL LOVER)
27/07/2020 12:44 am  

Here is idea 3g speedtest

ReplyQuote
BSNL USER
 BSNL USER
(@BSNL USER)
27/07/2020 12:47 am  

Live in present airtel is market leader in terms of active vlr market share and arpu also.

ReplyQuote
Telecomtalk visitor
 Telecomtalk visitor
(@Telecomtalk visitor)
27/07/2020 9:38 am  

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
27/07/2020 6:40 pm  

Nothing like that. My two inactive SIMs have been deactivated by Jio because of non usage. One was deactivated yesterday itself after around one year of inactivity. It had zero balance still they waited one year to deactivate. Other one was deactivated within six months.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
29/07/2020 6:02 pm  
Posted by: @srikapardhi

Which means 15,75,333 customers are proactive, cautious, anticipative and preplanned their lockdown days in the month of April itself by only relying on one telco as per TRAI.

Trying to guess the next things in sequence....  

START

CHECK - If FRIDAY 

1. Do - Someone somewhere from a different country will come up out of the blue and release a statement on this feat achieved. 

2. Command ACTIVATE Analyst views. 

3. Print the statements - Shows the confidence of customers to investors. 

4. Repeat AUTO SCROLL

MONDAY ?

COLOUR : GREEN ? 

TASK COMPLETE, for now. 🤣 

Almost close to point 1. Same target, but different context.

Gorilla Glass maker Corning bullish on India; says Google-Jio partnership to accelerate feature phone migration

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: