Notifications
Clear all

Trai Blocks Bharti Airtel Platinum and Vodafone Idea RedX Postpaid Plans  

RSS

Yogesh
(@bala)
Member Admin
13/07/2020 12:31 pm  

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) has blocked the premium plans of Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea that promises faster data speeds and other priority services, ET Telecom reports. According to the report, the telecom regulator in a near…

Arun
 Arun
(@Arun)
13/07/2020 12:51 pm  

Trai is showing again that they are a puppet of jio

ReplyQuote
Lakshmi
 Lakshmi
(@Lakshmi)
13/07/2020 12:59 pm  

Offering premium service is a common practice worldwide.
Trai's recommendation doesn't make any sense.
For example, Fixed line offers different speed range for different price criteria. So the new order looks suspicious.

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
13/07/2020 1:08 pm  

Very good step by TRAI. AVOID, run by 'elites' has always been classist and discriminatory. Apartheid policies cannot be allowed anywhere, even in telecom.

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
13/07/2020 1:09 pm  

Very good decision from Trai. I am sure in future this would have turned to "opt for any of the postpaid premium plans to get better speeds" while complaining for poor speeds.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
13/07/2020 1:15 pm  

Surprised with this delayed move by TRAI. Why so late dear? 

Hoping for a refreshed version of it (which does good both to the consumer and industry) in the coming days. 

ReplyQuote
Arun
 Arun
(@Arun)
13/07/2020 2:48 pm  

This happens world wide. Many operators in different countries throttle speed based on plans and packs.. Postpaid users deserve more because they pay more.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
13/07/2020 3:08 pm  

Then why the premium network operators could not provide minimum speed as mentioned in the respective plans in wired line connection for all.

ReplyQuote
Nakul Sharma
 Nakul Sharma
(@Nakul Sharma)
13/07/2020 3:09 pm  

If u give more money u can do DARSHAN fast
If u give more money u will get better class in plane
If u give more money u will get faster and better broadband
but if u give more money u can't get faster speed and services

ReplyQuote
ram
 ram
(@ram)
13/07/2020 3:15 pm  

@telecomnerd Do you understand the meaning of apartheid?

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
13/07/2020 3:48 pm  

Broadband tech is different. It has dedicated pipe to your home and gaurenteed speed is offered. It works on specified QoS.

Mobile technology is not technically feasible to provide gaurenteed speeds and QoS to all users. Hence operator cannot offer such plans without mentioning gaurenteed speeds and without building adequate data capacity to cater to all.

So basically trai has questioned telcos on how they can offer something which is technically not feasible without effecting QoS for those who have not opted for these plans....

So understand the logic from where it is coming from. In us some companies promote such plans because regulator has no such rule available

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
13/07/2020 4:08 pm  

Trai has objection with the premium charged on the pretext of higher data speeds to platinum customers as compared to regular customers.

Trai has asked for clarification from the Telco's on the matter , as it has doubts on their better speed claims .

I feel - Trai is absolutely correct , as better speed claim has to be justified & it will also investigate that the Telco's don't reduce speed of regular customers as it will lead to deficiency in service.

Trai is just making sure & safe guarding customer interest.

ReplyQuote
Nitin
 Nitin
(@Nitin)
13/07/2020 4:34 pm  

And You think, Only you have the money hence, the previliege to get speed. If this is generalised : You like others will sit in some corner waiting for sites to load. While Airtel Girl type smiling near you to bragg about speed if you pay more.
Why not ask for money for 4G directly. Middle income plan for 3G. Low income plans for 2G. Then 1000 Rs. for 1GB fast internete era will be back.
Lets ask for it in next elections. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
13/07/2020 5:28 pm  

If AVOID wants premium paid users, then they should shutdown 2G and stop services for Rs.200 below paid users.

ReplyQuote
sandeep
 sandeep
(@sandeep)
13/07/2020 5:34 pm  

so first of all i dont know why TRAI is invoking net neutrality in this.speed lanes which is a part of anti net neutral policy only cms into picture if u have fast lanes for x websites and slow lanes for y websites.this is not so.so thrusting net neutrality into this is either ue to confusion on trais end which i srsly doubt or its a deliberate attempt,which is surprising,to escalate this to courts which then seeing recent judgements wud srsly mess up net neutrality laws thus in some way favouring telcos.otherwise i dont see a reason why net neutrality has to be dragged into this??

ReplyQuote
Gurpreet Singh
 Gurpreet Singh
(@Gurpreet Singh)
13/07/2020 7:12 pm  

Exactly

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
13/07/2020 7:14 pm  

Which opeartor do it on mobile data? Kindly name one. Also, we are in India so the problem here is after such plans they will not take genuine speed issues seriously and will only ask us to upgrade plans to achieve higher speed.

ReplyQuote
Prithvi
 Prithvi
(@Prithvi)
13/07/2020 7:26 pm  

@Chetan : Well explained. Mobile Data technology is different. FaceBook was trying to have its own highway and this becomes not just discriminatory but difficult to monitor, hence not feasible for many reasons. Lack of knowledge of the readers is leading them to simplify their comparisons.

ReplyQuote
SP Vinod
 SP Vinod
(@SP Vinod)
13/07/2020 8:39 pm  

Der aaye par durushat aaye,
I have already tried Vodafone Redx, and it was all lie about speed and better network. Had to stuck 6 month with them. TRAI should remove Vodafone from India.

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
13/07/2020 9:49 pm  

Spectrum is a government resource, not private property.

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
13/07/2020 9:52 pm  

Yes I do.

"The separation for special treatment or observation of individuals or items from a larger group."

ReplyQuote
Amit
 Amit
(@Amit)
14/07/2020 7:02 am  

Need of an hour

ReplyQuote
SACHIN PATIL
 SACHIN PATIL
(@SACHIN PATIL)
14/07/2020 8:25 am  

yes absolutely correct ,airtl hvly caps lte 1800 speed to 1mbps after 10 am in my area...

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
14/07/2020 11:08 am  

@ Chetan I kenw the difference between broadband and mobile service and I used both services from my childhood i. e. 2004. Lakshmi only compared the mobile service with fixed line services. That's why I asked that question. My question is as per regulator's orders all broadband service providers provide minimum 512kbps in their every connection. Then why the premium network operators could not provide minimum speed at least 256kbps for all customers. If they can't provide the minimum speed then they don't have the rights to claim as premium network. I think they are cheating all customers in the name of premium plan.

ReplyQuote
Groove
 Groove
(@Groove)
14/07/2020 11:50 am  

1.)The Charter for Right To Service Act For Telecom is missing for consumers.
Due to which telecom companies will always find ways to fool us.
2.)Network Operators have Real Time Data of the Capacity Utilisation of Towers in Peak And Non Peak Hours for various bands.
3.)TRAI should only auction 80% of spectrum in any band . Leaving the 20% for operators to manage peak times just like for electricity.If a customer does not get the guaranteed Latency and Speed for 4g , 3g , 2g . There should be some reverse KPI to charge the operators.
4.) Mobile operators should promote MVNO in this category for increasing tower tennancy and for them to understand the mismanagement calls taken at the local levels. It will keep the Company Paid Employees on Toes.
5.) Trai Should Ask Telecom Operators to Provide Daily Real Time Data to be published on a portal which is transaprent to see the bandwith capacity utilisation of each tower . In this case the consumer will be the police and complain where the towers have reached capacity .

These are a just few. Be happy to add in.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
14/07/2020 12:28 pm  

@ashok, my reply was to Lakshmi and not you. Relax

ReplyQuote
shoaib
 shoaib
(@shoaib)
14/07/2020 1:02 pm  

Even broadband has speed based plans so whats the problem with 4g...

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
14/07/2020 1:11 pm  

yes, JIO has backed TRAI to light up/fire up discussion on Differential speed.

then TRAI comes with consultation.

by the next 1-2 yesr technology mature, and TRAI and DOT fix some rule in 5G era, where postpaid with high paying can technically and commercially on High rental plan with abiding QOS rule.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
14/07/2020 9:20 pm  

Oh... It wouldbe better if you mentioned the name in your earlier reply. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thanks for your reply. Have a good day.

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
16/07/2020 9:33 am  

In broadband, whatever plan I choose say 50mbps or 100mbps then I do get such speeds 24 hours. If Airtel and Vodafone assures minimum speed (whatever they advertise) say 10mbps on non premium plans and 20mbps on premium plans round the clock i.e. 24 hours and anywhere in India then I am fine with it. Will they provide guarantee to public?

ReplyQuote
Bokkale
 Bokkale
(@Bokkale)
16/07/2020 12:27 pm  

Trai has to look up into jio's iuc charges issue. When it asking it's customers 6p/min for outgoing calls, why doesn't it credit same 6p/min for incoming calls. Isn't it discriminatory. Think guys.

ReplyQuote
Raju
 Raju
(@Raju)
17/07/2020 11:22 pm  

Trai officials always favor Jio.

ReplyQuote
Rupanjan Ghosh
 Rupanjan Ghosh
(@Rupanjan Ghosh)
19/07/2020 4:31 pm  

B'coz of Jio Reliance communications & Aircel got Bankrupt, people started doing online recharge 4 dat many small recharge stalls closed, Airtel & Vodafone started minimum recharge plans b'coz dey r making loss. Dere r many villagers who r poor & keep mobile just for incoming calls & incoming SMS from Bank. Earlier they used 2 recharge just for Rs. 10 but now dey hav 2 recharge for 50/- per month....Jio cheated all..... Government is rising election fund from d profit of Jio as Modi is Brand Ambassador of Jio..Just 1 solution Boycott Jio & tell others not to buy Jio....Do not recharge Ur Jio number

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: