Notifications
Clear all

Tariff Rates Are Still Unsustainably Low: Vodafone Idea  

RSS

Yogesh
(@bala)
Member Admin
07/09/2020 6:28 pm  

Vodafone Idea on Monday said that the existing tariff prices in the telecom sector is “still unsustainably low” despite the operator along with its rivals increasing the tariffs in December 2019. The company highlighted the tariff rates in its annual…

Om Sharma
 Om Sharma
(@Om Sharma)
07/09/2020 6:36 pm  

Idea/KM Birla should quit telecom and sell luxury cars and other such items to quench his thirst for high margins/profits! Telecom services is not a luxury item, and effects the lives of billions plus poor/common indians! If tou can't provide affordable tariffs, get out/quit Indian telecom, and buy a telecom company in western market with higher ARPU and margins!

Vodafone India CEO (ravinder dot takkar at vodafoneidea dot com) is a joker and an idiot to claim that they are ready to lead in raising tariffs again. When almost half of its customers are dumping it due to poor network quality and coverage, it's sucidal to even think of raising prices... It will only lead to VIL to rather Vi death/end. Hope someone tells this fool to increase the coverage and quality at par with Jio and Airtel, before even day dreaming of increasing tariffs.

ReplyQuote
vikram
 vikram
(@vikram)
07/09/2020 6:42 pm  

If its low why you are here go to another country and keep Rs500/gb and loot people there.please shut down and leave india

ReplyQuote
Rijuju
 Rijuju
(@Rijuju)
07/09/2020 7:06 pm  

Stop barking. He is just expressing his opinion. You must be truly blind to not see that Jio has almost doubled its 4G prices just in the last one year. It used to be 349 for 1.5 Gb/84 days and now it is 555 plus IUC topups.

Idea doesn't have billions in ill-gotten OIL money to burn like defacto PM Mota Bhai. Oil & Telecom is sold to Ambani and Power & Airports to Adani. Acha system hai bhaichaare ka....

JIO is trying so hard to mimic the rise of Drug Cartels in the West who sold cheap drugs till everyone was hinged. Data is the new Coke and Ambani is Escobar.

ReplyQuote
V! Lover
 V! Lover
(@V! Lover)
07/09/2020 7:07 pm  

nice work ViL

ReplyQuote
V! Lover
 V! Lover
(@V! Lover)
07/09/2020 7:08 pm  

tariff hike is important who needs lots of data and consistent speeds can switch to fiber. Peace 😛 🙂

ReplyQuote
V! Lover
 V! Lover
(@V! Lover)
07/09/2020 7:09 pm  

keep the good work ViL

ReplyQuote
Realist
 Realist
(@Realist)
07/09/2020 7:30 pm  

welcome in the new avatar.

ReplyQuote
Girish Gowda | BengaLuru
 Girish Gowda | BengaLuru
(@Girish Gowda | BengaLuru)
07/09/2020 7:36 pm  

You would have made more sense if you took into account all the profits leeched by top management as bonuses in both companies for years instead of paying bank loans. And if you hadn't just seen Narcos on Netflix like every other person and wanted to show off here.

ReplyQuote
Girish Gowda | BengaLuru
 Girish Gowda | BengaLuru
(@Girish Gowda | BengaLuru)
07/09/2020 7:38 pm  

Vi needs to double the prices right away if they even have a chance to survive. But if that happens, of course there is no telling that the top management won't once again leech away the money like they did for years. And this time they will happily burn the company to the ground and run away with the money.

ReplyQuote
Asi
 Asi
(@Asi)
07/09/2020 7:56 pm  

If airtel says to increase tariff everyone says bad move while if vodafone says then it's good. Is vodafoneidea coverage is better than airtel
Yes it is better in certain pockets/ circle but when comparing nation wide airtel is better than VIL by huge margin

ReplyQuote
V! Lover
 V! Lover
(@V! Lover)
07/09/2020 8:09 pm  

he he LoL 😛

ReplyQuote
Vikas
 Vikas
(@Vikas)
07/09/2020 8:51 pm  

Yeah. Pan india coverage. Better speeds. Quality Network Provider of India.

ReplyQuote
Vikas
 Vikas
(@Vikas)
07/09/2020 8:52 pm  

Yeah. You know everything. Don't u? Kuch bhi....

ReplyQuote
Jagjit Singh
 Jagjit Singh
(@Jagjit Singh)
07/09/2020 9:00 pm  

Trust me telecom business is sustainable in India even if ARPU is as low as Rs.150 as there is a huge customer base but what makes the game tougher is the hostile conditions of doing business in India. Every other day we see Govt coming to bend the rules and then come PILs from so called common activist who thinks every business in India is looting Indians and companies are making huge and they should work according to these activists who approach SC every other day. Then you face Nationalism issues every other day. So it would be better if Voda makes an exit in coming 5 years. It's too hard to do business in India. Even the Govt which says Pakodo ki rehdi lagayo (Snack Stall) don't know that a stall owner too face too much difficulties in India.

ReplyQuote
KUNAL
 KUNAL
(@KUNAL)
07/09/2020 9:02 pm  

For your information - Aditya Birla group ( idea cellular) is trying to bring monopoly in cement business. This art was learned , mastered & enjoyed by idea in telecom between 2006 to 2016.

All their major cement acquisitions started after 2007 through telecom money .

Aditya Birla group - cement take over of all major competitors ,since 2007 . ( Jay pee cement , reliance cement , l&t cement , binani cement to name a few. There have been many small acquisitions in the time period.

Most of the telecom profits were syphoned in cement business , because it was decided mutually between avoid that in telecom business - Airtel will lead in India , voda second & idea would always remain at no 3.

So Birla decided to make cement it's kingdom.

Money was earned / looted ( pre 2016 ) during 2g /3g time & have been parked in different countries & business by all three.

Airtel has expanded to 15 African countries , srilanka , Bangladesh & channel Islands . All through 2g /3g profits.

ReplyQuote
Krish
(@krish)
07/09/2020 9:56 pm  

Wow

ReplyQuote
G K
 G K
(@G K)
07/09/2020 10:21 pm  

Vodafone is behaving like a cry baby.They have never thought of upgrading their networks which would have considerably reduced their Cost of handling Voice call min and Data cost per MB consumption. Jio invested hugely on its network technology which is entirely IP based, where cost of handling Voice call per minute is almost ZERO ,whereas Voda-Idea runs on same old Switch circuit network where cost of handling Voice call per minute is close 7p/min. Airtel has realised the same and invested in its network shutting down it's 3G networks and migrating its 2G/3G base to its IP based VoLTE networks.Voda-Idea, never thought on upgrading themselves with changing times and are now crying about unsustainable tariffs.History bears testimony to the fact that those organizations do not adopt new things with time do gradually perish.Nokia is a prime example of this.

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep, India
 Biswadeep, India
(@Biswadeep, India)
07/09/2020 10:51 pm  

The new Vi ad is so cringy, all saying 'we we'
Sad, will miss Cheeka the Pug of Vodafone

ReplyQuote
Abc
 Abc
(@Abc)
08/09/2020 12:02 am  

Very well said

ReplyQuote
Sachin
 Sachin
(@Sachin)
08/09/2020 12:37 am  

then dont see...vi force u to watch their ads??

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep, India
 Biswadeep, India
(@Biswadeep, India)
08/09/2020 12:49 am  

It's just my opinion buddy, why do everyone takes everything as offence here

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
08/09/2020 1:04 am  

I'm sure their ads will be coming on TV every now and then, and it will be impossible to skip it...

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
08/09/2020 2:02 am  

Airtel 4g speed at my window vs Jio vs... Is it here? Don't think so!

Ps: Jio was using CA with 850 and 1.8GHz.

I don't have network signal guru because I'm unable to unlock the bootloader ever since I got it back from the service center. Hopefully I could get it unlocked next month. So idk which bands Airtel and V! Are using.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
08/09/2020 2:12 am  

Yeah those ads were great. But I wish they used another dog instead of a pug. You know, the one with their face smashed in, and the eyes? OMG don't even start with that!

ReplyQuote
Sachin
 Sachin
(@Sachin)
08/09/2020 6:44 am  

not integrateS ...still idea has b1 only

ReplyQuote
Bala
 Bala
(@Bala)
08/09/2020 7:44 am  

Then what about those who can't get fiber in their place !

ReplyQuote
Priyansh
 Priyansh
(@Priyansh)
08/09/2020 8:31 am  

It would've been better had the upside i (or the exclamation mark whatever you say it) was Yellow in Colour, I feel my !dea has been overpowered by the Vodafone. Just the Yellow Dot isn't Enough. :'(

Not a Great Logo specially for Idea Loyalist. Also what a stupid name, Vi, seriously. VIL was better than it.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
08/09/2020 10:00 am  

They might not integrate the network in Goa at all. Smh. It's already September. They should've done it by now. I don't think they will be using b1. It's just b3. The 4G+ symbol appears and disappears every now and then when I kept it at the window. It's probably trying to aggregate with b41, but b41 isn't accessible. I tried it before. They need to activate all the available bands.

And the packs are ridiculous. The 48 and 98 packs should NOT have a validity of 28 days. It should be based on the validity of an existing unlimited pack.

ReplyQuote
Nikhil
 Nikhil
(@Nikhil)
08/09/2020 10:22 am  

Don’t see the comment? Did anyone force you to see the comment.

But yes your arrogance made me reply to this. You didn’t know that the same logic applies to you as well.

ReplyQuote
Krish
 Krish
(@Krish)
08/09/2020 10:35 am  

Vodafone Jokers, if telecom tariffs in India is unsustainable, then quit/get out of India, and do business in american/european countries, where the tariffs and ARPU are high! No one is forcing you to do business in India!

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
08/09/2020 10:38 am  

Fine tune the consumer experience, and in parallel Hike the Tariffs gradually but quickly. Financial Institutions need money and so as the companies and its related. 

#Mobility #Discipline #ResponsibleUsage #Wireless 

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep, India
 Biswadeep, India
(@Biswadeep, India)
08/09/2020 10:55 am  

lol XD XD

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep, India
 Biswadeep, India
(@Biswadeep, India)
08/09/2020 10:55 am  

I remember MTS had a good jingle the flute one and AR Rahman's airtel signature tune too

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep, India
 Biswadeep, India
(@Biswadeep, India)
08/09/2020 10:59 am  

yes that's what nah, thanks bro

ReplyQuote
V! Hater
 V! Hater
(@V! Hater)
08/09/2020 6:37 pm  

According to "Made in China" movie, 'customer keya hain? Customer chutiya hain'.

This is the ultimate motive of V! now. They're following it blindly.

With patchy 4G, no stable volte and promoters not willing to infuse new equity in the joint venture they're actually making customers "Chutiya".

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: