Forum

SC Delays AGR Judge...

Notifications
Clear all

SC Delays AGR Judgement to August 14, Expresses Displeasure with Telcos Attempt for Reassessment  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Honorable Member
10/08/2020 7:59 pm  

The apex court had sided with the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) back on the issue of AGR (adjusted gross revenue) dues. The appeal made by DoT was that the telcos must pay AGR dues on the revenue they generate from…

Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
10/08/2020 11:40 pm  

Hope the lootafone shuts down

ReplyQuote
Chaitanya
 Chaitanya
(@Chaitanya)
11/08/2020 8:22 am  

Hope ur mouth and attitude too shuts down.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
11/08/2020 9:47 am  

AGR judgment delay is destroying all hopes of vil revival. A firm decision(either good or bad) will make vil to think further on its game plan ahead. A delay will destroy it's brand and equity value further. Customers are loosing all hopes and are jumping the ship

Bankrupt telcos now can forget their spectrum lying in thier lap. SC is in mood to snatch all their spectrum and hand it over back to govt . UVARCL will get nothing in value. Banks also can forget everything in return now. Shots are fired by sc yesterday. Solicitor general is asked to come prepared on why spectrum cannot be sold.
Actually spectrum can be traded among parties but only upon payment of dues and upon approval of dot. Original owner of spectrum will always be govt of India.

Jio may have issues in using band 5 spectrum of rcom if it is snatched and given back to dot.

Final AGR judgement should be expected before 3rd of September. Thats when justice mishra is getting retired. Bench is of the view that bankrupt telcos judgement should be announced along with agr timelines judgement.

ReplyQuote
Shreyas
 Shreyas
(@Shreyas)
11/08/2020 2:28 pm  

hope the BSNL and MTNL shuts down

ReplyQuote
Bishnu Saikia
 Bishnu Saikia
(@Bishnu Saikia)
11/08/2020 4:55 pm  

Eat mentos.

ReplyQuote
Karthik
 Karthik
(@Karthik)
11/08/2020 5:41 pm  

Here is my story and one of the reason as to how sim consolidation is happening in the market.

I was using Airtel as secondary no. and due to poor indoor coverage and speed issue & Call drops since april, i didn't want to continue with it. So i head to Vodafone store yesterday for port in. While doing the process, i asked store guy hope company will survive, his answer took me back. He said, Sar no need to worry, like vodafone acquired Idea same way some other telco will acquire us if suppose something went wrong. But your no. will be safe with new company who will acquire us, so no need to worry. He asked me should he go ahead with porting, i was confused suddenly but didn't want to say no, hence said yes. I kept thinking during my journey back to home as if is it safe to go with vodafone, so after reaching home i sent cancel to 1900 and cancelled my porting request. Was feeling frustrated that there is not much option left in the market to choose from. I already have primary no. on Jio.

Later that day i realised that do i really need another secondary number when there are no much option left in the industry. So i decided to cancel the number by sending cancellation request to 121 mail. Now airtel people are eating my head since yesterday on why i am cancelling the number. But i said firm no and said i don't need the number anymore.

so this is how AIrtel and Voda is losing subscribers since march as people pocket gets tight and service related issues are happening due to work from home which is exceeding telcos capacity and hence people are discarding their secondary number. Also no operator choice left to park secondary number.

frankly speaking, paying 499 and getting such bad network pains a lot. If airtel would have had some 199 or 99 rental plan i would have simply chosen that and used data from my primary jio no. Jio is still serving excellent speeds at my home even though speeds have dropped from before. Earlier i used to get 50 to 75mbps . now i get 25 to 40mbps. Lol.

Obviously i would look at buying BSNL connection in future once it launches its 4G in my area.

ReplyQuote
BSNL USER
 BSNL USER
(@BSNL USER)
11/08/2020 6:25 pm  

sudha god bless you 😛

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
11/08/2020 7:27 pm  

Karthik :
Before opting for postpaid plan of any operator, try to test the network parameters by using your friend's prepaid SIM (if he has one additional SIM from each operator) or buy one from each operator for yourself. Enable 28 days daily data pack in each SIM and check upto your satisfaction. Then buy the postpaid connection.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
11/08/2020 8:27 pm  

@chetan
1) now game is VIL fall the banks fall then ecosystem/economy fall
OR
2) UVRCL (rcom and aircel) falls, Banks fall, DOT put all spectrum back into aution, So Bank gets double stress, no recovery from giant rcom and aircel and spectrum financing at higher cost, Global investor and china bank ,Vendor cries, so ripple effect on economy,which is already weaker due to lockdown, if unable to sustain is question.

So SC holding two edges SWORD and asking DOT where to move and cut.

Again IBC could should be used in future as escape route.

I Think within this/next week All these SC matter gets close, VIL already studued revival plan, detoriating brand value can be easily revamped, if PLANED and EXECUTED PERFECTLY by VIL management.

ReplyQuote
SC Kpa
 SC Kpa
(@SC Kpa)
12/08/2020 12:22 am  

After reading your views it inspired me to share my experience. Firstly my primary no was with airtel. At least still Jan 2020, airtel was giving superb speed at my place, though it used to become 2g in offices when we could not use data. after experiencing better service by Jio I wanted to port in to Jio but were failing as in their database I had more than 6 connections. I mailed them frequently and almost one month's tug of war they deleted my scrapped nos from their database and finally I succeeded to port in to Jio. I purchased an airtel sim for secondary use. Just after 2 months of porting, suddenly one day airtel signal totally became blank at our place. No 4g, very few moments 2g , most of the time just blank. I had recharged some 399/2month pack. I mailed to airtel cc, nodal, appellate and lastly twitted them. They were clueless. Searching the reasong behind this sudden blankage, I came to know from some local resource, due to some payment related issue owner of that site has stopped the serving site. However, for more than one month, airtel signal came. But now the speed decreased a heavily. But after few days again that strong signal disappearing and now average download speed of airtel is less than 1 mbps. With this kind of speed they are giving so many adds on several medias. We don't know when this will be sorted out. In between those blank coverage teniure so many valued customers ported to Jio as they was unable to use single MB from their costly package. Another surprising thing is, airtel has removed network coverage map from the latest update. Now I am just recharging 48 rupees to keep that no and check the changes where I used to rechage 599 pack.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: