Forum

Reliance Announces ...

Notifications
Clear all

Reliance Announces Google as Strategic Partner, Unveils 'Made in India' 5G Solution  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
15/07/2020 3:53 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Today, Reliance held its 43rd Annual General Meet (AGM). Just this morning we reported that Google might invest $4 billion in Jio Platforms. In the online meet, Mr Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) confirmed…

Chetan-bengaluru
 Chetan-bengaluru
(@Chetan-bengaluru)
15/07/2020 5:17 pm  

Google+FB+ INTEL+QUALCOMM+ MANY OTHERS IN JIO.

Jio is augmenting it's investors to see 1bn mobile users to become gold mine for them in coming days . Whether it's good or bad from data efficacy and security perspective,one will have to see in days to come. 5g equipment built in house and will be marketed to other telcos globally like Ericsson , nokia etc is another revolutionary step. Probably only company in the world to be atam nirbhar. Mukesh is thinking two steps ahead of its competitors.

2g mukt bharat is what he said. I doubt if airtel can survive this onslaught forget vil altogether. Both companies are failing to transform it's 2g users to 4g in large nos due to impending need to increase ARPU.

Lastly, voda idea bye bye from india market. Airtel in ICU if not on ventilator

ReplyQuote
Sam
 Sam
(@Sam)
15/07/2020 6:41 pm  

Why jiofi is made in China when u say ur committed for made in india

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
15/07/2020 7:58 pm  

Can't wait for Jio 5G. Jio's gonna nock em all out with 5G.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
15/07/2020 8:06 pm  

Congratulations. Good for the company. 

And...
As a customer,

The more a company (being telco) gets closer to companies such as Google, Facebook etc... the more I as a customer will stay away from the mess!

There are global specifications for 5G and would consider it only if it happens the actual way!

#LYF 

Now that the executions of earlier announcements are already observed, nothing fascinates!

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
16/07/2020 12:16 am  

Next year maybe Qualcomm may launch a 5G Snapdragon processor in series 200. Then only Jio or Lyf will launch 5G budget Android phone.
Or they may use Spreadtrum or poor Mediatek processor.

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
16/07/2020 12:28 pm  

All the Lyf devices are made in China including JioPhone.

ReplyQuote
Ram
 Ram
(@Ram)
16/07/2020 7:36 pm  

Should I call this new "atam nirbhar" a new "Puppet" ?

Anyway, a new business is going to grow for the Corruption Circuit of India (the certifying authorities & law administrators) ... 😉

We the citizens were sufferer & will be more sufferer, no hope!

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
16/07/2020 7:37 pm  

more eager to see how both companies will fill gap of 1500-5000 price range smartphone with IMPRESSIVE spec.

becuase this is future for airtel to upgrade most of its high paying and loyal user to upgrade to 4G.

JIO 5G phone will gone SHAKE WORLD as happen with [email protected]

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
16/07/2020 7:39 pm  

even Jiophone was intially chinese made.

and most imporant is Jio has just left hands of KAI-OS, which is major chinese, TCL product and joined google.

This is heart touching news for me when whole india inclusing trader are moving to less rely on china item be it software or hanrdware

ReplyQuote
Chetan-bengaluru
 Chetan-bengaluru
(@Chetan-bengaluru)
17/07/2020 8:04 am  

Ram I can see your suffering. You are it seems suffering in your own world. Not sure which world. Millions are burning petabytes on thier mobile in india and you are suffering I don't know which world.
Better take chill pill and stop your suffering...

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
17/07/2020 1:01 pm  

Ram - you seem to have problem with make in India.

What is wrong , if we are rolling out own 5g network .

Are you Chinese ??

ReplyQuote
Ram
 Ram
(@Ram)
17/07/2020 6:57 pm  

@Chetan,
"Jio is augmenting it’s __investors__ to see 1bn mobile users to become __gold mine for them__"

So, I got it right, what you wanted to said.

If "Millions are burning petabytes on thier mobile in india",
then what is the significance of this big announcement (by Mr. Ambani) ????

Some PM or CM or CEO (who can easily leave India if needed) don't mean ALL about India,
there are a lot other tax paying citizens in India like me upon whom actual growth of India depends.
You probably like to forget this.

ReplyQuote
Ram
 Ram
(@Ram)
17/07/2020 7:06 pm  

@Kunal,

I have no problem with Make In India or Made In India.

I do have problem with Labeled/Packaged In India while Made In somewhere else. Specially if I have to pay a huge for that pseudo Indian product.

It seems, you folks have (?religious) problem with "Made In China" only.
You are so rich kid that you have no problem to buy even CM or PM (I think). So you also have no problem to buy from USA or anywhere which even US/UK citizens don't like to buy.

ReplyQuote
Lyangsan Metuobela
 Lyangsan Metuobela
(@Lyangsan Metuobela)
19/07/2020 9:01 am  

Hi, Ram just chill the Jio chamchas will not understood, they are getting cheap data rates & satisfied with that but they don't know once Jio gained success to throw out it's competitors then their cheap data will be exist in dream only.
Jio Hatao Telecom Bachao.

ReplyQuote
Lyangsan Metuobela
 Lyangsan Metuobela
(@Lyangsan Metuobela)
19/07/2020 9:10 am  

In my area Jio 4G running less than 2G unbelievable only 50kbps speed. In same area Airtel-Idea-BSNL giving good speeds above 5 mbps in BSNL 3G, Idea 4G upto 18 mbps & Airtel 4G upto 15mbps.
Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Lyangsan Metuobela
 Lyangsan Metuobela
(@Lyangsan Metuobela)
19/07/2020 9:18 am  

My friend using Jio & fully dissatisfied with that actually he have taken a new Jio SIM & recharged with 1 year plan 2399+99 getting 2Gb data every day even 20mb data consume is too much tough for him to consume, now he is ready to port out from Jio once 90 days completed his 2498 rs goes totally in dustbin. In Airtel-Idea-BSNL we successfully consume upto 3Gb data everyday. Jio is theif they will only do robbery worse service provider.

ReplyQuote
Lyangsan Metuobela
 Lyangsan Metuobela
(@Lyangsan Metuobela)
19/07/2020 9:24 am  

Don't worry Mukesh Ambani will give you lifetime free services.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
19/07/2020 11:07 pm  

Personal Opinion: The 5G Solution 

Quote: 

And this capability and know-how that JIO has developed, positions JIO on the cutting edge of another exciting frontier – 5G.

TODAY, Friends, I have great pride in announcing...

That JIO has designed and developed a complete 5G solution from scratch.

This will enable us to launch a world-class 5G service in India... using 100% home grown technologies and solutions.

This Made-in-India 5G solution will be ready for trials as soon as 5G spectrum is available... and can be ready for field deployment next year.

And because of JIO's converged, all-IP network architecture... we can easily upgrade our 4G network to 5G.

Once Jio's 5G solution is proven at India-scale, Jio Platforms would be well positioned to be an exporter of 5G solutions to other telecom operators globally, as a complete managed service.

At the time of this writing, apart from the information above, I couldn't find more information regarding the announcement, nor I believe any information is available in public. 

With all due respect to the innovation, expertise, and announcement made regarding the term '5G', I believe this solution may be classified into any of the below 2 cases. As there are no specific details, below is what I was able to envisage. Now, let us decode the possible cases...

If Case 1: A homegrown, in-house built 5G solution based on hardware, software or both, which may include IP/patented tech and is equally compatible with 5G that has already been worked upon globally or deployed across countries + global device support.

I believe with all the hype surrounding the announcement, the analysts' views, and the experts who have given their takes in media, this must be the 5G solution they all might be referring. 

If this is the case and scenario of the solution, well, no looking back for India and the company. We love it and can't wait to experience it. 

If Case 2: I will try to explain this case in layman terms for better understanding. 

Based on a software patch/upgrade or solution. Might be a carrier aggregator of spectrum blocks, MIMO, QAM compression techniques and broadcasted as 5G. 

Just like how WiFi signal 'SSID' can be renamed as per users' wish, this software solution embraces everything discussed above and together as a package be broadcasted as 5G signal. 

Of course, the devices may fall into 2 cases again.

Case 1: Just a software patch for 4G+ supporting devices

Case 2: Need new hardware, i.e. new mobile device 

Hope, this is not the 5G that is announced. As this is not the true 5G, the world is talking about or deploying. In the worst case, if this is the 5G solution proposed, then it can be considered as a pandemic to the global telco ecosystem considering India as a large market and this will hamper the global specification system too.  

Some cases we can consider:

1. Global telcos/vendors may not accept the solution or may be forced to use the solution. 
  2. Then the actual specification ecosystem will be destroyed. 
  3. If only India uses this solution - Indian 5G devices will not be compatible with foreign 5G networks, and users cannot use their devices internationally. Every time someone travels to or out of India, they need to have a separate device.
  4. This will also have an impact on the International Roaming agreements.
  5. Consumers in India will be deprived of true 5G experience and technology. 
  6. If just one telco or two uses this solution, the customers would be locked in to that particular operator. 
  7. The hardware manufactures now need to come up with India specific 5G devices which cannot be used globally. 

If this is the case, we can also expect claims of world's cheapest and fastest deployment of 5G which is on par with world Class 5G, India 5G and so on.. With minimal investment our so and so 4G network is upgraded to 5G. Well, you already fell for it. 

I pray this shouldn't be the case, even if this is the case, I wish the department do not mandate the rest to use this kind of 5G tech and preferably takes an informed decision. 

----

What I believe: The 5G which I know or learnt, actually comprises of hardware, software and proper network planning as per the global standards/specifications to deliver a true World Class 5G Experience.

User Mobile/Device: Should have a 5G radio/modem, antenna, firmware.

Network: Ofcourse 5G RAN - Hardware, Software and related infrastructure and planning. 

No single telco, network gear/modem vendor can single-handedly come up with a wireless standard or build a world class solution from scratch. We have seen it from the G till 5G, how much it takes for the global community to come up with a globally acceptable specification. 

----

Trying to Understand the Quote line by line: 

That JIO has designed and developed a complete 5G solution from scratch.

> Not sure if it is a hardware + software or software-only or hardware-only solution. 

And because of JIO's converged, all-IP network architecture... we can easily upgrade our 4G network to 5G.

>As far as I know, 5G needs precise site planning, New Hardware deployment + the regular stuff, and without this, there is no 5G. 

Once Jio's 5G solution is proven at India-scale, Jio Platforms would be well positioned to be an exporter of 5G solutions to other telecom operators globally, as a complete managed service.

> managed service - So, is this a software solution? SAAS? Service including hardware gear? Not clear.

----

So, this is for now... and we need to wait and watch till the core details are officially unveiled. Till then, stay safe and take care.  

PS: I have been using the internet from the WAP days! 

Solution: A solution can be hardware+software or standalone software or hardware. 

Update:

Nokia Launches Software Upgrade for Telcos to Move From 4G to 5G

The ability to upgrade 4G LTE radios via a software update will significantly smooth out the deployment of 5G NR FDD, avoiding costly and disruptive site visits, Nokia said.

Nokia estimates that this new software solution will save the telecommunications industry potentially tens of billions of euros in site engineering and re-visit costs, because communication service providers will be able to upgrade their networks to 5G/NR on FDD with software.

--- 

With the above upgrade information, this kind of 5G is this going to be a Patch 5G! 

ReplyQuote
Chaitanya
 Chaitanya
(@Chaitanya)
20/07/2020 9:15 am  

@Srikapardhi nicely explained and put forward. Clear understanding 

ReplyQuote
Bharat
 Bharat
(@Bharat)
20/07/2020 9:26 am  

Who is the global operator that would take this up? 

ReplyQuote
Bharat
 Bharat
(@Bharat)
20/07/2020 11:09 am  
Posted by: @Ram

Should I call this new "atam nirbhar" a new "Puppet" ?

Anyway, a new business is going to grow for the Corruption Circuit of India (the certifying authorities & law administrators) ... 😉

We the citizens were sufferer & will be more sufferer, no hope!

+1

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
20/07/2020 7:01 pm  

@Bharat Analysing the confidence levels in the announcement

exporter of 5G solutions to other telecom operators globally

I believe they must have got the assurance of someone already. The 'Who' aspect depends on which case (1 or 2) the solution is. If it is case 2, then the other one might be in a desperate state too. 

ReplyQuote
Bharat
 Bharat
(@Bharat)
23/07/2020 12:31 am  

Aatm Nirbhar announced in may. Jio 5G announcement in July.
1 Month mey how will anyone build solution only to match with modi's vision sirji? bhai just uses anything which pmji comes up with be it digital india or aatm nirbhar.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: