Forum

Mukesh Ambani Calls...

Notifications
Clear all

Mukesh Ambani Calls for Eliminating 2G While Sunil Mittal Asks for Review of Telecom Sector  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
01/08/2020 1:15 pm  
wpf-cross-image

25 years back, on this very date, the first mobile call was made in India. To mark the special date, COAI and Department of Telecommunications (DoT) organised an online event. The event was named ‘Desh Ki Digital Udaan’. Honourable Prime…

Dandy Don
 Dandy Don
(@Dandy Don)
01/08/2020 1:47 pm  

Service Providers are paid by the Customers for Services according to their needs.
Please, Service Providers do not try to Boss the Customers.
If a customer wants to remain in 2G network, please do not try to force them to 4G.

ReplyQuote
DGupta
 DGupta
(@DGupta)
01/08/2020 2:09 pm  

Mukesh Ambani is batting for his own selfish interest, as Airtel and Vodafone have more than 300Mn 2G subscribers who cannot shift to Ji =o without buying a new phone. Forcing 2G to close will allow Jio to capture a large chunk of these. It will also force the immediate closure and sale of Vodafone Idea.

But it is also true that 2G is holding back a large segment of Indian population. Wired broadband at home is very thinly deployed in India and mainly restricted to higher income pockets in urban areas, A push for mobile 4G makes sense to expand data and internet availability to all. But for this to really happen, TRAI should specify that any cheap 4G feature phones must have at least 2-5 Mbps data speed and allow tethering, so people can use them as basic hotspots when they become used to internet.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
01/08/2020 3:28 pm  

I'm all for phasing out 2G. It's ancient, and needs to be gone. 4G and 5G are the future, and because of that, 2G needs to be gone to the annals of history!

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
01/08/2020 4:35 pm  

Service provide , in this case Telco, also facing and occuring cost to main 2 nwtwork (2g and 4g , 3g shutdown by airtel)
In order to let customer choose 2G network, its cost should also be divide amoung active user. but currently user /subsciber are habitual for free lifetime incomming, and not willing to pay even rs 50/month. whereas basic wired landline cost is 99 for incoming only.

So customer WANT remain on 2G, but dont WILLING to pay for Network maintin cost. i know telco would have already depriciated value of most 2g assets inclduing spectrum/tower and swiches.

Now scenario is like Running VoLTE network is more efficient , less costly and higer capacity in term of usage of assets like Core network and spectrum. so telco are volunterily shutting down 2G and forcing them. Taiwan, south korea and other global telco demonstrated same.

Simply, More subsciber means apportionment of depreiciation per user comes very low. which is exactly applicable to ARPU.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
01/08/2020 4:39 pm  

Nokia, HMD gone mad and launch nokia 5310, 2G device

Let nokia and other brand focus on some 3.5 inch rough and tough touch screen android/kiaos 4G phone and u will see 300 million become less 100 million within year.

Most 2g subsciber are low income and thus cant afford handset maintaing cost, nor able to buy refurbished phone which is very easy in case of 2g handset.
Remeber CDMA technology always dragged due to poor handset ecosystem.

ReplyQuote
Anu
 Anu
(@Anu)
01/08/2020 4:50 pm  

Dual Company will servive in Indian Telecommunication sector in long term very very excellent news to the serviced companys .. Excellent bussines opertunity are waiting to Those companys.. Compititon will completely destroyed leading to Duolpoly in telecom Sector ..135 crore people under 2 companys good news to That Companys and COMPANY shareholders have bright feature

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
01/08/2020 5:09 pm  

Dandy don:
Why are you using internet now?. Go and use pigeons.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
01/08/2020 5:11 pm  

D gupta :
If you are one of the person in the 2G missed calls group, do not expect everyone to join you. Go and use pigeons.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
01/08/2020 5:34 pm  

All service providers including BSNL shall start charging Rs.99/- per month as minimum recharge, then all telcos might sustain.
Technology next, eliminate dual sim card holders first.

ReplyQuote
(@9999)
01/08/2020 10:09 pm  

...indian people dont like arrognce...he is not our boss..we will decide what to use....we will talk less and throw this man jio to dustbin

ReplyQuote
Bankrupt India
 Bankrupt India
(@Bankrupt India)
01/08/2020 10:24 pm  

They really dont need to "boss" customers. You see very soon 2g phones will become obsolete. When that happens then you will be forced to move to a new phone and go for 4g or maybe 5g.

They dont need to control you. Rather, your habits are the one who actually control you.
But there is nothing you can do about it either.

ReplyQuote
Prtskg
 Prtskg
(@Prtskg)
01/08/2020 10:25 pm  

Considering that 4G is easily 25 times faster than 2G for same amount of bandwidth, I find it unfortunate that so many people at a tech site like telecomtalk is against it. It will be an unpopular decision but definitely one which will benefit more people at large.

ReplyQuote
Nitin
 Nitin
(@Nitin)
01/08/2020 11:00 pm  

No thanks. I pay 48 Rs. on 3 2G mobile devices. I don't want to put money while loosing my privacy with some new shiny operating system.
No thanks due to privacy & 2G reach, I am fine with current network. I will not get bulldosed by Ambanis

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
02/08/2020 1:00 am  

I work in deep rural pockets . Was in Barmer district (rajasthan ) near border for three months last year.

It's a back ward area with mud houses & sand dunes. Ladies go few kms walking to fill water . Only a single school between half dozen villages .

No major activity as most family male members are migrant workers staying away from family. Entire villages are below poverty line .

Jio only network to work in the entire area (taluka) started last year early . Other networks including bsnl are absent.

But surprisingly , most of the families having 4g phones with video calling & tv being very popular.

Phones are the only entertainment medium for them to connect with the urban world.

Every evening , people sit in a group & watch tv on phone.

Entire taluka is dependent on mgnrega funds but have bought smart phones & jio phones from their limited resource.

They all from the weakest section have adopted , so don't feel that it is difficult for others to move to 4g.

Jio has erected huge number of towers in the entire area from sanchore ( area near to indo pak border) in South rajasthan to jaisalmer border parallel to international boundary. Jio has no business case here but very impressed with their set up. Sites are far off & in difficult terrain , but network available 24×7 with out any break. Villages are scattered with population as less as under 1000 but are well covered by jio.

Airtel being the leader in rajasthan , is not having 2g till date .

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
02/08/2020 2:21 am  

That's beautiful Kunal! So nice to see Ambani bringing his Jio to rural parts of India, and helping the local people there. It's nothing short of spectacular! Ambani's vision was a great one! People only see the "Monopoly" propaganda, and can't see the good things Ambani has done.

Ambani's dream is "Connecting India", and that's what he did. Not Nokia!

ReplyQuote
Shashank
 Shashank
(@Shashank)
02/08/2020 3:33 am  

Really very happy to read ur messages Kunal
Hats off to Jio

ReplyQuote
Chetan-bengaluru
 Chetan-bengaluru
(@Chetan-bengaluru)
02/08/2020 7:28 am  

Jio is still stuck at tm4 2x2 mimo at most places. While avoid gang is using tm9 4x4 256QAM design to handle peak load.

Jio is aiming at accomodating more users per site but they don't want peak throughout per user. Hence using old tm4 rank. May be to prevents it's backend from being burned away by 400mn users...

In Bangalore vil is using 4x4 mimo on many sites in market area to better experience for too many users... Speeds touch 80 to 100mbps on single 10mhz band 3 carrier.

ReplyQuote
Abc
 Abc
(@Abc)
02/08/2020 7:36 am  

So tell me why Jio Fiber costly.. If ambani wants to make India Digital.. Whats ur opinion

ReplyQuote
M. M. Patwekar
 M. M. Patwekar
(@M. M. Patwekar)
02/08/2020 7:40 am  

Which recharge are your doing on 3 2G phone with in Rs. 48 please let me know

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
02/08/2020 7:44 am  

Kiran :

Finally a sensible post from you !!!.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
02/08/2020 7:46 am  

Well said Kunal.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
02/08/2020 7:48 am  

Keep giving missed calls when the world moves towards 6G.

ReplyQuote
Ravi
 Ravi
(@Ravi)
02/08/2020 8:46 am  

It is interesting to hear such news ..keep posting coverage updates wherever you get chance...

ReplyQuote
Ravi
 Ravi
(@Ravi)
02/08/2020 8:47 am  

Agreed

ReplyQuote
Dandy Don
 Dandy Don
(@Dandy Don)
02/08/2020 8:51 am  

Thamilan Daa
I am using internet because I have paid for the Service.
Be aware that not everyone can afford to upgrade to 4G pigeon man. And stop categorising anyone whose opinion clashes with you as 2G missed call group. You do seem to have good experience with pigeons and missed calls. Is this what you do overseas in your job.

ReplyQuote
Ravi
 Ravi
(@Ravi)
02/08/2020 8:57 am  

It is really appreciated if Jio team can take a challenge to install a macro tower or small cell and provide a coverage map in their myjio app wherever people complaints to get speed or coverage issues thus eliminating complaints in the social media..

ReplyQuote
Tushar Malhotra
 Tushar Malhotra
(@Tushar Malhotra)
02/08/2020 9:16 am  

That's absolutely correct. All my known from barmer (city side and main barmer) use jio. And voice calls from my jio number to theirs is crystal clear.

ReplyQuote
guru
 guru
(@guru)
02/08/2020 11:03 am  

2g need not be removed.
2g is very stable as soon as i see E symbol i can understand it.
3g and 2g is enough for now 4g also not required in india.
we are a poor nation where everyone dont have food to eat,clothes to wear.
5g is not required for another 5-10 years.

ReplyQuote
Vishal
 Vishal
(@Vishal)
02/08/2020 11:25 am  

Jio already got lots of 2G customers through Jio phone sales.

ReplyQuote
KGF
 KGF
(@KGF)
02/08/2020 11:55 am  

Truly everything other than 4G needs to eliminated, like yesterday. But plans need to start at 40rs for basic users only for calls.

ReplyQuote
KGF
 KGF
(@KGF)
02/08/2020 11:58 am  

Jio is present almost everywhere where, forget Airtel, even BSNL doesn't see it to be a fit case.
Jio has a very strong network in rural areas and towns.
Even the poorest of the poor enjoy 4G today only because of Jio and the competition flood that it brought.

ReplyQuote
Bharat Khanna
 Bharat Khanna
(@Bharat Khanna)
02/08/2020 12:17 pm  

Why isn’t this moderated! We should not tolerate cyber bullying!

And you sir! Just because you were abducted by aliens , probed and sent back to earth dont expect everyone to be in your rich space age. Come back mentally to earth and present, were people still live and use missed calls. Heck service providers ask users to give missed calls at times and you feel it is primitive!

ReplyQuote
shivam
 shivam
(@shivam)
02/08/2020 12:31 pm  

Lol!
That would mean I have to throw away my feature phone as well.
As I don't use any smartphone.

People are now a days forgetting what our life actually means.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
02/08/2020 12:33 pm  

Don't pay to Ambani, Soon Mittal or TRAI will charge Rs.99/- per SIM for incoming, even for 2G.

ReplyQuote
Manoj
 Manoj
(@Manoj)
02/08/2020 12:42 pm  

Faltu ka neta mat ban. 4G/5G se tu he bana tera future. 2G is always best and affordable to anyone with cheapest handset.

ReplyQuote
VIL LOVER
 VIL LOVER
(@VIL LOVER)
02/08/2020 2:28 pm  

why not he says he wants a monopoly. everyone knows how good intentions he has. 😛

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
02/08/2020 2:44 pm  

Different opinions from different viewpoints, and so is my personal opinion. 

1. No company is forcing any customer to stick to 4G/3G/2G network. Customers have every choice to pick a handset bundling offer or a SIM/Network of their choice. 

2. If someone is still using 2G, that means:

a. They are unaware of the network evolutions

b. Their current network is satisfying their communication needs

c. They really cannot afford high-end devices, know how to use them or upgrade devices

d. Personal Choice

e. Geographic / Development limitations / Network Availability 

So, no one needs to blow a trumpet for someone else choices. 

3. From the viewpoints of different personalities in the discussion, 

I understand each one is supporting a cause based on their interests, but the mix of together is very much required for India. 

View 1: Eliminating 2G 

Yes, BSNL very much Needs 4G/5G Spectrum and Core Network needs to be upgraded to stay competent in the market. It is the Nation's Asset.

The growth of BSNL and its competitive technical edge also comes under Atmanirbhar Bharat. 

I especially loved the fact and view that being a competitor someone is stressing to revive BSNL and eliminate 2G in India. Very much appreciated. 

Can't India's brightest minds revive/revamp BSNL? 

View 2: Review of Telecom Sector 

Yes, the worst is experienced from a regulatory, difference in the technology landscape, and financial capacity perspectives. Hoping there are good days ahead for telecom in India and for establishing Indian telecom on the global map as a place for business and opportunities, I believe reforms in sectoral policies, taxes levied are much required. 

Whatever happened is for a cause and taking a cue from the bad experiences, India will progressively transform and be aligned on par with global markets going forward. 

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
02/08/2020 7:24 pm  

Which is better in Bangalore Vodafone or Airtel?

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
02/08/2020 7:53 pm  

Bharat khanna :
Then start a mobile company that gives 2G only coverage. Dare to do so?.

ReplyQuote
Asi
 Asi
(@Asi)
02/08/2020 7:56 pm  

If Jio have capability and money they put 4g everywhere Bsnl airtel and have no money and capability to put 4g everywhere so they use 2g in rural and 4g in urban

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
02/08/2020 7:56 pm  

How dare everyone is using internet is posting against 3G, 4G and 5G?. Where did you all go when telegraph concept was stopped by the INDIA POST?. If you all want to live in the missed call age, go and live. Stop commenting here, stop using internet and all related to it. Challenge?. Can you live?.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
02/08/2020 7:57 pm  

VIL lover :
Prove that jio is the only 4G network in India.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
02/08/2020 7:58 pm  

KGF :
There is already Rs.75 for jio phone users.

The thing that I didn't like about jio is there are seperate plans for jio phone only users and other users.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
02/08/2020 8:01 pm  

To all who are against 3G, 4G and later technologies :
Did you post a single post here asking the mobile phone manufacturing companies (Samsung, Sony, Motorola, LG etc) to manufacture 3G and 4G VoLTE only feature phones?. I condemn these companies for staying adamant not to manufacture 3G and 4G VoLTE only feature phones. This is what made jio to launch the operator locked jio phones. Understood?.

Please force the mobile phone manufacturing companies to launch 3G and 4G VoLTE only feature phones. I will welcome this if this is done.

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
02/08/2020 8:08 pm  

As per your statement - Vodafone & idea are so weak that Ambani will destroy them .

Ambani is earning good returns from Jio. They are making profits & paying heavy income tax. That's the reason , they are getting good valuation from international investors & hence doing stake sale. Share holders are enjoying great returns. That is not possible in negative competition.

It is better , that void introspect their problems & come out of it as soon as possible.

ReplyQuote
Abhishek
 Abhishek
(@Abhishek)
02/08/2020 8:16 pm  

Come to Uttarakhand hills you get to know about jio coverage here.
We are not having good coverage of jio here at hills even after 4 yrs of launch.

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
02/08/2020 8:57 pm  

All our 2G and 3G devices are lying idle..
There is no such calling only plan under 100.
They aren't even offering half of JioPhone 75 plan in 79 TT plan & they want to continue 2G.
They aren't even offering onnet calling.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
02/08/2020 9:06 pm  

Only answer to stop MONOPOLY or duopoly is
MVNO, let TRAI relax and welcoe more gloabal player to srat MVNO on exiting infra.

BSNL and VIL having sufficient spare capacity at most places, can be given to new player.

MVNO can be with closed user group like infosys/HUL or regional , say only Chattisgarh leaving MP or even Specifit ro technology like 4G sim on BSNL network.

5G newtok is having one of the great echnology which allow Network slicing. So Telco like vodafone (hugry to choose maxinum money from niche people) can very easily able to give REDx plan with different slice of 5G network. This opportunity can be grab by Telco like Vigin mobile MVNO to serve only Postpaid with Minimum speed gaunrantee of 100Mbps on 5G network slice.

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
02/08/2020 9:49 pm  

ABC -. fiber connections are for offices , people working from home & people having high data consumption . Fiber connection is targeted mostly in urban areas with high concentration of population. It is mostly targeted for the top & middle income . Hence priced accordingly.

It is out of context in our above topic . We are talking about rural area & financially weaker section adoption & entry in to the internet world.

Surely fiber will roll in these areas some day as digitalisation will expand & people will become more tech savvy.

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
02/08/2020 10:59 pm  

Now Jio expanding in Uttarakhand . Last month Char dham & the roads leading to them have got extensive Jio coverage. Jio is now the best coverage operator for char dham Yatra . All the the ghats have coverage now.

Also other areas like Chamoli , joshimath , dharali , benakuli , ,lambagarh , bhatwari areas have just got Jio network .

Agree - Jio is still weak in eastern Uttarakhand but coverage expansion under progress & I m sure will be equivalent with the best

ReplyQuote
VIL LOVER
 VIL LOVER
(@VIL LOVER)
03/08/2020 12:42 am  

ambani will take all your hard earned money if he succeeded to create monopoly, he has breached his promise ,""pay for only one data or voice"" , so how can we believe him. he is evil than airtel. and you know ambani's past malpractices as well, they are not trust able

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
03/08/2020 5:56 am  

VIL lover, you're foggetting about the iuc issue. Jio shouldn't have to pay VIL and Chortel 13k crores for traffic to their network. The calls will become unlimited once the Trai scraps iuc, and they promised to scrap it at the end of this year. So let's see. If they don't, then Jio can't and shouldn't scrap the iuc minutes.

Plus, 6 paise per minute is so cheap, people are still crying over it today. :face-palm:

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
03/08/2020 8:56 am  

Why are you so selfish Sudhakar..
It's not about you and me or any of us in this forum..
Most of us moved to 4G 4 years ago. Think about workers who just want to be have a connection for calling. Or about poor people of Assam and Bihar who just want to be connected in this tough times of Flood. Or about old age people who only use feature phone for calling & Television for entertainment.
Chortel Lootfone & even BSNL forgot this (maybe same mentality like you) but Jio tought of it that is why they are no.1 player of India.
Among 350+ M customers of Jio, more than 50M are JioPhone customers.

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
03/08/2020 9:04 am  

Because they are targeting calling customers and data hungry customers (2 different markets)
& if you are smartphone user with WiFi, you can go with 329 plan for 84 days on Jio.
I think they got best plans in Market, just need to enhance range from 100 to 5000, instead of 199 to 2399.

ReplyQuote
Ravi
 Ravi
(@Ravi)
03/08/2020 9:06 am  

Vodafone and jio

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
03/08/2020 9:11 am  

I agree..
I am using 4G all the time, but in Bihar while traveling in Train Network is in dancing mode sucking battery like hell. So I choose 2G only to have stable battery and Network.
They need to boost 2G two times as of now before thinking of closing 2G.

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
03/08/2020 9:16 am  

Go check out about range of 2G & 4G from 1 tower..
If they want to close 2G, then they need to deploy 4G equally better.

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
03/08/2020 9:31 am  

I just hope that HMD and Samsung have plans to launch 5G only Smartphone with VoNR on some android go or KaiOS device with longer battery life (almost 24 hours) not 7-12 hours like devices now and lower cost for poor people.
Though they can still launch 4G only Smartphone with All Airtel VIL BSNL and Jio VoLTE. They can still aquire a good chunk of Market. If it under 3k for feature phone & under 4k for Smartphone.

ReplyQuote
Kirit Patel
 Kirit Patel
(@Kirit Patel)
03/08/2020 9:42 am  

Jio does not do partiality in terms of population of village, in Gujarat, Jio has installed 1 tower among 3 villages, all villages covered by Jio in Gujarat, Vodafone Idea going to dead in Gujarat, Airtel trying to cover rural area but in slow pace

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
03/08/2020 10:35 am  

What kind of relaxation you are looking. India has allowed MVNO long back. Bsnl did sign one MOU too with one indian company for MVNO but that did not kick start even. Tariffs are very low and unsustainable for avoid themselves then how will MVNO operator will survive....

Please specify what you are looking at???

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
03/08/2020 10:40 am  

Last week, COAI organised webinar to mark 25 yrs of mobile telecom. Recorded video of Ambani and Mittal were played along with PM and telecom minister. There was name of KMB too for his speach but he did not participate.... Looks like he is very disappointed with all this AGR saga. This also marks the uncertainty of vil as no participation from vil in that event. At least Ravinder takker could have participated

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
03/08/2020 11:53 am  

How is vodafone's network in Ahmedabad? Jio's coverage is great but at many places speed has gone down. Sometimes I can't even pay through UPI inside shops and I need to go out of the shop just to pay the amount. Airtel has consistent speed all over but deep indoor coverage can be patchy such as basements.

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
03/08/2020 12:05 pm  

if jio really cared about poor people then why did they increase 49rs plan? They should have continued that which would certainly have helped all poor. Jio is also here for profit and they don't care for anyone. Jio sold Jio phone with 1500 down payment and only condition was to recharge with 49rs every month. Many bought jio phone specially for that plan. Now in between they have increased their price which is actually I would say "loot" as those who have purchased as their primary phone are forced to recharge with higher value than promised.

ReplyQuote
Kirti
 Kirti
(@Kirti)
03/08/2020 1:00 pm  

I see nowadays Sudhakar doesn't cry for 3G, like he did back 1-2 years ago, because now it's gone. Similarly 2G right now can't go away because it needed to stay as a fallback for 4G, also an alternative because the masses still using 2G phones. We're not a technologically advanced nation.
You can't force anyone, give it a time it'll disappear in 3-4 years.
Until then stay calm & suppress your hate towards 2G!

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
03/08/2020 1:06 pm  

Devleoper has fixed all issues with NET MONSTER app. Now it shows all correct carrier details with CA.

This feedback is based on my phone OnePlus 6t

ReplyQuote
Chakri K
(@chakri)
Member Admin
03/08/2020 1:47 pm  

We are flagging all of his comments, hahaha. He still cries for 3G.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
03/08/2020 2:05 pm  

Guys get ready for vil 3G switch OFF pan India
4G testing started in Bangalore on 5Mhz band 1 carrier of 3G. It is being tested on 2.5mhz spectrum. Once completed, another 2.5 mhz will be removed from 3g and combined 5mhz will be used as CA band over band 3(10mhz) . So it will be band 3(10mhz)+ band 1(5mhz)= 15mhz CA. They are trying to build 4x4 mimo at most places to give speeds upwards of 50mbps always with CA.

Good job. But AGR is too much over hang. No investors in sight. Not sure what will be it's journey.

I am going to port my secondary sim soon as postpaid.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
03/08/2020 3:07 pm  

Well, good thing I won't have to switch to Chortel. 1499 plan for 1 year is already good enough on Idea. Let's hope they integrate in Goa asap. Tired of waiting for crappy network on both Jio and Idea in Goa.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
03/08/2020 3:11 pm  

Really disappointed with Jio on that aspect. Why not let some users enjoy 200Mbps and above with capable handsets? Is it to stop people from using too much tower load that the others with a slower handset will get even slower speeds?

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
03/08/2020 3:13 pm  

Sudhakar, you forget that I want 3G gone too. Both 2G and 3G use circuit switched networks. They're both ancient.

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
03/08/2020 8:19 pm  

@Sahil Shah.. same goes with rest of operators in India, why did they start charging 49 just for Validity. BSNL increased price of validity plans from 36 to 74. Almost double.
No one offers any calling plan under 100 INR, while Jio offers in 75 (~ $ 1).
Also if JioPhone users don't recharge for few days or even months, they still get incoming.
I have seen many people enjoying YouTube on that small 2.4" screen, just because of affordability issue.

ReplyQuote
Kirti
 Kirti
(@Kirti)
03/08/2020 9:14 pm  

LoL! Please give that guy a video call on 3G...

ReplyQuote
Vishal
 Vishal
(@Vishal)
03/08/2020 9:55 pm  

Lol you are not Chetan. He will not comment like this

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
03/08/2020 9:57 pm  

I never said that others are good. I just said that Jio is here for profit. They should have increased all plans except for jio phone plan. Once you promise than you should stay on your words.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
03/08/2020 10:23 pm  

Mr Chakri , let few comments fly -in.

It is light entainment for oldeis and enjoyment for new comer. Sudhar also be satified by crying gets published. hahaha

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
03/08/2020 10:29 pm  

AGR is hang from Day 1, (october 24th)
Its good luck that VIL is still carrying that VIL is RUNNING and not IN IBC court.

Investor might be in discussion, but wont be revelaed by comapny , even if IDEA is listed in SEBI, because investment are at pre stage.

Hope AT& T come back and buys all idea prepaid(its old assest/gold subsciber from MAHARASHTRA circle) and create MVNO. which later can used as 5G brand in india.

I dont see VIL and airtel wont get less than 15 year. issue is hanging for RCOM, -JIO deal and Aircel execution of resolution plan as hurdle for AGR. which can be sort out in 1-2 months

And all fresh bidding for spectrum will start from october 2020. even VIL may buy some exipring spectrum in aution

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
03/08/2020 10:35 pm  

Some complexities for AGR revenue to be shared by both VNO and MVNO. Even current levies of SUC, and GST has to be lowered to have space for new comer.

BSNL is selling sim at very slow speed in only chennai/tamilnadu circle. Seconf MVNO of bsnl is preparing for IOT is not in full swing. MVNO should expertise in techology or finacial stong or etention exiting brand like BAJAJ or Best service delivy and marketing company

ReplyQuote
Chakri K
(@chakri)
Member Admin
04/08/2020 9:56 am  

He abuses everyone in the community, that's why..

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
04/08/2020 10:56 am  

@Vishal, I was serious but till this news came in today again and spoild my tempo....

Screenshot_20200804-105513

ReplyQuote
Arya
 Arya
(@Arya)
04/08/2020 12:26 pm  

@Asi Jio use simple "economic of scale" to his advantage. They place bulk 4g equipment ordered. Which made equipment manufacturers to fight for contact and give large discount.

ReplyQuote
Kirit Patel
 Kirit Patel
(@Kirit Patel)
04/08/2020 1:03 pm  

Sahil, Vodafone 4g speed is ok but high ping issue, call quality is worst, every call has problems of call drop, sometime my no. show switched off, recently our corporate cug ported to Airtel, Airtel call and 4G speed is decent in Ahmedabad, i agreed with you Airtel indoor is weak in some location, Jio speed is slow sometime in some location, Airtel and Jio is good at my location due to nearest tower is 100 mtr.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
04/08/2020 1:17 pm  

removal of cascading taxation from MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) regime.

read telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/new-policy-will-take-care-of-telecom-industrys-concerns-manoj-sinha/66372756.

or just search new-policy-will-take-care-of-telecom-industrys-concerns-manoj-sinha October 2018

ReplyQuote
Vishal
 Vishal
(@Vishal)
04/08/2020 6:49 pm  

@kiran jio does this to handle loads. They have capacity but not letting us to use it. Because they want to cover more customers.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: