Clear all

GPON Broadband Technology Will Enhance Your Internet Experience  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
06/07/2020 10:18 am  
wpf-cross-image

PON stands for Passive Optical Networks. This kind of network was available in the mid-90s. The way technology has evolved and advanced since the mid-90s, tech of PON has matured as well. Now PON has become GPON. GPON stands for…

Rajesh
 Rajesh
(@Rajesh)
06/07/2020 3:06 pm  

Hathway uses GPON technology... but their speed never comes as promises..thats why the give ad as Upto and not consistent speed. Hathway gives cheaper plan and cheaper service as far as my opinion. Even in dual band router the speed wont cross 100mbps for the 150mbps plan.

ReplyQuote
Rohan Gaur
 Rohan Gaur
(@Rohan Gaur)
06/07/2020 3:41 pm  

Article is good and informative, I would like to add Small correction here,

GPON does not provide symmetric speed as per current standard it provides DL=2.48 Gbps and UL=1.24 Gbps / Per PON port. You can have 128 ONT under one PON Port.

It is GEPON technology where you get the symmetric speed.

GPON is ITUT standard and GEPON is IEEE Standard.

ReplyQuote
Vijay
 Vijay
(@Vijay)
06/07/2020 5:39 pm  

Hathway is not stable connection, I used GPON

We need uninterrupted connection now a days everybody is working from home, keep this in mind and provide quality of service

ReplyQuote
Wasim
 Wasim
(@Wasim)
06/07/2020 10:55 pm  

Not only dual Band Router. But if u have gigabit Wan port. Then u will get. Speed

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
07/07/2020 11:11 am  

Your router is limited to 100Mbps. The WAN port on your router is only 100Mbps. You will need to upgrade to a router that has a gigabit WAN port in order to enjoy speeds from 101Mbps to 999Mbps.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
07/07/2020 11:16 am  

I'd suggest getting this router: Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router (Black) from Amazon. Current price is 2,629 right now. Has a gigabit WAN port, and 3x gigabit LAN ports. That's the cheapest option available right now. If you don't wanna spend right now, then you will have to make do with the current 100Mbps dual band router.

ReplyQuote
Pradeep K
 Pradeep K
(@Pradeep K)
08/07/2020 6:24 am  

Informative article, but I it would help more if there was an indication of where/how to avail of this technology. What are the dependent factors (cable operator, ISP...)?   Is this available throughout the country?

ReplyQuote
Mausam
 Mausam
(@Mausam)
09/07/2020 8:07 am  

He he. On hearing gpon harhway came to my mind.. But the outside cable is same as other isps i.e. Fiber. Only inside they use this..bdw, for speeds above 100 mbps you'll have to use gigabit router or routers with Speed above 750 Mbps

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: