Notifications
Clear all

BSNL Unveils 3 New 50 Mbps Broadband Plans Under Rs 700  

RSS

Yogesh
(@bala)
Reputable Member
15/08/2020 7:02 am  

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has unveiled three new Bharat Fiber plans with 50 Mbps speeds in its Punjab circle with and without the voice calling facility. The new plans were unveiled on the BSNL Punjab site with the plans…

KGF
 KGF
(@KGF)
15/08/2020 8:37 am  

Nothing can save BSNL until they bring down the installation and modem costs to less than 1k in total. Currently they ask 4-5k for these which is unsustainable when most private operators give the modem and installation for free most of the time.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
15/08/2020 9:26 am  

In bsnl not possible to offer a free modem to all its new subscribers. Because the new ONT costs around Rs. 2000. If you have a ONT, the installation and security deposit is very cheap compared to private operators. I have a own ONT bsnl compatible and I opted for bsnl 499pm plan, the installation and security deposit amount is just Rs.750/- (250+500)only. For that amount they offered a ftth landline number and next generation network based VOIP number at free of cost and no usage charges for voice calls too. In my point of view they should offer bundled data instead of daily data limit plans and revise the post fup speed according to plan value (min 4 Mbps to 10 Mbps).

ReplyQuote
Sonia
 Sonia
(@Sonia)
15/08/2020 9:41 am  

This is something what BSNL lags from the rest of the ISP's in India. Not sure why BSNL is not taking care about this part.

What BSNL need to do now is:

1. Try to focus on its ground level end issues
  2. Focus on What they are lacking in BSNL Broadband
  3. Change the Broadband plans it need to be tweaked to be made more consumer friendly .
  4. Provide stable connection

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
15/08/2020 10:34 am  

what is average speed?
@ashok
ftth landline number and next generation network based VOIP number,, did u got two landline number, Normal phycal and WINGS VOIP with new BB Fiber?

ReplyQuote
Joi
 Joi
(@Joi)
15/08/2020 10:55 am  

bsnl ffth is normally provided by the local cable operators ... They ask min 5k (2500+cable & labour charges) ... And it takes weeks for installation .....
So unless untill BSNL stops illegal installation charges the offers doesn't make sense...

ReplyQuote
Raj
 Raj
(@Raj)
15/08/2020 12:04 pm  

Shut this parasite dept immediately which has eaten away 70000 crores of taxpayers money without burping and with dead people management 

ReplyQuote
BSNL USER
 BSNL USER
(@BSNL USER)
15/08/2020 1:21 pm  

you being looted by LCO i have applied for BSNL FIBER in Ujjain City MP circle i have charged only 2900 for ONT and security deposit of one month plan charges

ReplyQuote
B Ravindtan
 B Ravindtan
(@B Ravindtan)
15/08/2020 1:29 pm  

Paid for everything - fibtr connection, modem etc eyc. For the plan I pay about 1800/- pm. The damn thing does not work. The speed is so low for any functional use. After all this fuss I use my Jio for connectivity regularly. Patiently waiting for BSNL to be disinvested.

ReplyQuote
Dandy Don
 Dandy Don
(@Dandy Don)
15/08/2020 3:42 pm  

Happy Independence Day to all

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
15/08/2020 4:41 pm  
  1. I opted plan 499, the plan speed is 20 Mbps upto 100gb after that 2 Mbps but I am getting 25 to 30 Mbps.
  2. Yes they provided ftth number starts with 296xxxx and ngn number (lfmt) starts with 2000xxx with std code.The lfmt service is different from wings service. In wings service we can use any Internet(bsnl/private/mobile /WiFi) to make a phone call but in lfmt service the number is locked with a private static Ip. So we cannot use it out of broadband WiFi coverage area i.e we can use the service in our home only. Lfmt service advantage is we can make a call (voice /video) from our smart phone /laptop or pc without any additional charges and of course the call quality also very sharp like volte HD calls.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
15/08/2020 5:07 pm  

Yes bsnl ftth service is provided by public private partnership mode. My home is very near to the connection point (20 ft) and they were completed the installation work within 2 days first day they completed the wiring work and next day they configured the modem with my user credentials. I paid Rs. 2500(2000 modem +500 security deposit) only to my LCO. I had used bsnl adsl broadband for past 7-8 years. This LCO frequently called me over phone and request to switch my service to ftth.
Last month my friend took a new connection with 777 plan and charged only Rs.3500/- (2000 for modem +security deposit 917 +installation charges distance around 60 - 100 mtrs from the pole). I think more than 3.5k is over priced and you may inform /confirm the charges with your area bsnl SDE.

ReplyQuote
Rahul Seshadri
 Rahul Seshadri
(@Rahul Seshadri)
15/08/2020 6:23 pm  
Posted by: @bala

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has unveiled three new Bharat Fiber plans with 50 Mbps speeds in its Punjab circle with and without the voice calling facility. The new plans were unveiled on the BSNL Punjab site with the plans…

The biggest problem is contacting BSNL. They never respond. I applied for Bharat Fiber connection 2 months. Nobody has contacted me till date.

ReplyQuote
Sriram
 Sriram
(@Sriram)
16/08/2020 7:04 am  

See you it itself telling it is illegal connect then why don't you complain to sde or gm of your area.. unless you speak out no one can help you.. even my lco tried too loot 1300 for wire while pole is just opposite to my house.. approached sde he helped. I paid only 777+500 to bsnl. Bought my own ont 2400 that's all. So if you want to bring the change, it starts froom you..

ReplyQuote
Groove96
 Groove96
(@Groove96)
16/08/2020 11:22 am  

I am using 2 FTTH connections , Plan 1277 . But Speed are awesome ,what i had been promised for . 100 Mbps DL / UL .

The best part is they provide RAW Speed. Others operators Cap Speed depending on the traffic.

Faced only 1 hicup till date in 2 years. The vendors were very prompt in delivering service.

No private operator is providing FTTH . Either Jio or Airtel even after request for 1 Gbps Plan.

BSNL is reliable with Profit not being the only motive , unlike private operators.

During lock down , was working from home.

BSNL provided me 3 copper connections in April 2020. Such is the beauty of their service . Rightly said , Jahan Koi Nahi , Wahan Sirf BSNL Hai.

Stop bashing them guys , in FTTH department they are doing a superb Job.

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
16/08/2020 2:35 pm  

You're paying nearly double (or even triple) the charges for a 100 Mbps connection and still praising it as if BSNL has done something out of the world.

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
16/08/2020 2:36 pm  

We never achieved real independence. What happened in 1947 was a transfer of power by the British to their Indian agents.

ReplyQuote
Groove96
 Groove96
(@Groove96)
16/08/2020 11:58 pm  

1.)They are delivering where private operators are not.
2.) They are not capping speeds and providing Raw Bandhwith.

My applications are running beautifully with 0 downtime in Broadband Space.

ReplyQuote
Amit Modgil
 Amit Modgil
(@Amit Modgil)
17/08/2020 7:55 am  

These plans are not good i have fastway broadband which costs me monthly 707 including tax and gives me monthly 50 mbps speed with monthly FUP of 10TB and speed always remains 50 mbps never i found them dropping .

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
17/08/2020 10:37 am  

Did they offer unlimited free voice calls to any network.

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
17/08/2020 1:04 pm  

1) Depends. In many areas there are multiple private operators available but no sign of BSNL. Yours is not a solid argument. Besides you're paying a hefty premium for access to BSNL FTTH.

2) "Raw bandwidth" and no downtimes are pretty common on fiber.

ReplyQuote
Amit Modgill
 Amit Modgill
(@Amit Modgill)
21/08/2020 8:42 am  

Unlimited voice at rs 50/- extra per month

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved