Forum

BSNL Employees Unio...

Notifications
Clear all

BSNL Employees Union Express Displeasure Over Reliance Jio Expansion in Ladakh  

RSS

Yogesh
(@bala)
Reputable Member
26/06/2020 4:29 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) Employees Union (EU) on Thursday said that the government of India is promoting Reliance Jio while offering only “lip service” to BSNL. The BSNLEU voiced their concerns following a tweet from Jamyang Tsering Namgyal, MP…

Sud
 Sud
(@Sud)
26/06/2020 5:31 pm  

What stops BSNL to expand 2G/3G services in Ladhak and other areas ?? 4G can be added latter on those towers.....
Karna kuch Nahi Hai bas for every problem cry and crib

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
26/06/2020 6:35 pm  

Modi Hatao Desh Bachao.
Jio Hatao Telecom Bachao.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
26/06/2020 6:42 pm  

Ek ne pura desh ka satyanash kar diya or Dusre ne pure telecom sector ka satyanash kar diya.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
26/06/2020 7:34 pm  

once jio install tower, BSNL and even airtel can install their own antenna right away and start service. Tower shaing is always profitable,
BSNL EU just shouthing, BSNL can directly install 4G on those BTS with 5Mhz of 2100Mhz, no need to wait for Addistional spectrum from govt.

Or i can say BSNL can take new USOF contract in new uncovered are and install 2g/4G right away.

ReplyQuote
KUNAL
 KUNAL
(@KUNAL)
26/06/2020 8:41 pm  

People of rural leh , rural kargil , durbuk , upshi, keylong , lahaul & spiti valley (Himachal) have been completely depending on BSNL for years .

In winter , BSNL network is close for months & even in summer , the tower is shut for months as no maintenance team available. People have to protest & build political pressure to re start network.

It is better to allow private operators to build & maintain towers . BSNL should mount their BTS on it.

Jio has started with one BTS in nubra valley last year (October) & it has been running 24×7 with out break down . They have dedicated maintenance team & diesel back up for single tower.

BSNL has around 6 to 7 towers in nubra but all get closed in winter during snow fall. .

Same case in Himachal Pradesh - lahaul & spiti valley . People don't get BSNL for months in a year specially winter . Network is close for all winter months as some roads are also closed in winter.

Now Jio has installed around 9 towers of their own very near to BSNL tower last year.
Jio is able to provide smooth network experience . It is the first year in lahaul & spiti valley , when people have been able to get non stop network in winter.

Even though , Jio has small coverage in lahaul & spiti as compared to BSNL . People are preferring Jio & keeping Jio Sims as back up Sims , even at locations where Jio network is not available. People travel for few Kms & use Jio network as BSNL is in predictable & down.

BSNL is mismanaged company. Full company needs to be restructured .

Government has to do it now or holding back will kill BSNL.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
26/06/2020 9:25 pm  

I can understand, why you both are getting too many dislikes. I didn't write any comment initially because no body will understand the logic...

Jio haters you can dislike my comment too. Jitna karna hai utna karo. But trust me this ladakh MP is not fool that he is supporting jio to install towers their. Just guess his logic behind . Guess guess pls.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
26/06/2020 9:57 pm  

Tamilnadu :

BSNL 2G and 3G has full coverage from Maettupaalaiyam to Ooty via Coonoor both in the road and train route. Did jio express displeasure?. If BSNL cannot shutdown its 2G and become a 3G and 4G only operator, why is it blocking jio from providing the coverage?.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
26/06/2020 10:03 pm  

If BSNL installs 3G and 4G transmitters at all its 2G towers and reframes the 2G 900 MHz for 3G and if it gets additional 4G spectrum, then the BSNL will be superhit.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
26/06/2020 10:06 pm  

Installing towers is not an issue. Jio must block all chinese SIM from using the jio signal via international roaming at J & K and NE.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
26/06/2020 10:07 pm  

Govt allowed only 2G communication at J & K. How come jio install the towers?.

ReplyQuote
SIKKA
 SIKKA
(@SIKKA)
26/06/2020 10:20 pm  

WHAT WAS BSNL DOING ALL THESE YEARS..JIO CAME IN 2016......BSNL SHOULD NOTE THAT JIO IS NOW THE GOVERNMENTS FAVOURITE OPERATOR NOT BSNL ANYMORE.....

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
27/06/2020 8:35 am  

I would like to know why you are getting to much excited to shutdown of 2G services?
We want 2G-3G-4G, but this modi & ambani-jio never want to grow up BSNL/Other Pvt operators. Jio wants to create monopoly by throwing out its competitors and want to start robbery 1GB - 1000rs with its worse than 2G-EDGE speeds name only 4G for satisfaction.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
27/06/2020 8:46 am  

No Chetan thats not the case of like/unlike, If you think from your logic i am sure you shall definately find whats error have done by Jio. Its Main motive to create monopoly & start robbery by throwing out its competitors.

ReplyQuote
KUNAL
 KUNAL
(@KUNAL)
27/06/2020 9:20 am  

After Jio expansion in rural areas of North & east of Leh , Airtel too may follow Jio with coverage.

Airtel has been very aggressive in j & k & a few areas of ladakh like kargil , drass & batallik .

ReplyQuote
Jago grahak jago
 Jago grahak jago
(@Jago grahak jago)
27/06/2020 9:28 am  

Bhakt bhaiyya, take the pain of reading the article atleast. Government hasn't given 4G permissions to BSNL. It is not BSNL's choice to not have 4G over their networks. Where would customers go if they have better option available in form of jio?

ReplyQuote
Aslam- Rajasthan
 Aslam- Rajasthan
(@Aslam- Rajasthan)
27/06/2020 10:45 am  

bsnl ko 2g 4g ke tower install krne chahiye
jio ko bhi tower install krne chahiye taki 12th months connetivity bni rahe....

ReplyQuote
Nikhil
 Nikhil
(@Nikhil)
27/06/2020 12:41 pm  

900Mhz from BSNL can't be used for 4G. That's why they demanded 5Mhz of 700Mhz in each circle.

ReplyQuote
sandeep
 sandeep
(@sandeep)
27/06/2020 1:42 pm  

well u shud know that the govt hasnt been giving permission to BSNL for 4G services on one pretext or the other.The hell they havent even paid the amt they had promised as per the package.Like it or not BSNL is being deliberately sabotaged by successive govts be it UPA or NDA.Dont be so excited about JIO.Once they throw out the competition remember they are going to put both their hands in our pockets and rob us of our money.I hope u havent forgoten the cartel days.Jio is part of the new cartel.

ReplyQuote
sandeep
 sandeep
(@sandeep)
27/06/2020 1:44 pm  

exactly

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
27/06/2020 2:42 pm  

Political leader are hungry for votes. Now in this digital world and Lockdown, only way to reach people is via Mobile and internet. Let JIO install tower and i can reach them is what LADHAK MP must have made deal.

ReplyQuote
shiv
 shiv
(@shiv)
27/06/2020 3:51 pm  

there is already jio network available running with 2g data speed

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
27/06/2020 5:32 pm  

Back on 2014 till Congress Govt. all operators are running smoothly & from 2016/09/05 Black day started in Telecom sector, trust me minimum amount of 1024mb data is 270rs outside of India precedatory pricing will not accept by other countries.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
27/06/2020 5:35 pm  

Sure, Why not Bcoz both are Gujaratis.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
27/06/2020 6:33 pm  

Hi pareshnath Pandey as this a english language forum I request you to kindly post in English language. I couldn't able to like your comments because of your comments in your regional language.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
27/06/2020 7:00 pm  

850 and 900 MHz are technology neutral spectrum. It can be used for 2G, 3G or 4G.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
27/06/2020 7:02 pm  

Logic :
3G is capable of handling voice and data at the same time even in the old compatible 3G handsets unlike VoLTE which does not work in old handsets even if they have 4G. So 2G can be shutdown.

ReplyQuote
Vodafone Lover
 Vodafone Lover
(@Vodafone Lover)
27/06/2020 7:40 pm  

Breaking news::::: vodafone idea Apple watch cellular services extended to punjab circle.

ReplyQuote
sikka
 sikka
(@sikka)
27/06/2020 9:42 pm  

chota bheem fan....BSnL themselves are not intrested in getting 4G,,,,their unions can do everything but dont protest massively for getting 4G...its not ony govt but BSNL self attitude has also led to its downfall...its time to accept jio as our national operator...BSNL is just a liability....

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
27/06/2020 9:54 pm  

Thamilan Daa :-
2G - Cant handle Voice calls/Internet at same time.
3G - Both Voice calls/Internet can continue at same time.
4G - VoLTE main function is to support/pass the Voice calls over LTE network & internet can be accessed undoubtly at same time, if VoLTE not preloaded in handset you might need to take assistance of any application like Reliance Jio.
But a company cant stop 2G because it knows very well several people are using 2G only mobiles for only Voice calls purpose further more use Messages.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
27/06/2020 10:03 pm  

I had not invited you to like/unlike my comments its depends on your wish, & Yes this is English forum but nowhere mentioned here to write only in compulsarily English words. Pls

ReplyQuote
KUNAL
 KUNAL
(@KUNAL)
28/06/2020 1:57 am  

There has been an intelligence report in November 2019 & January 2020, where in our soldiers on the last post near line of actual control in Arunachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand border were found using China mobile network for communicating with their families. China mobile network is available through out the line of actual control & well with in India for few Kms.

China mobile is owned by the Chinese government & there is no doubt about their intentions.

No Indian telecom network available ,at almost 90 % of the border.

Airtel has a tie up with China Mobile. It is just that the soldiers have to manually select & they got international roaming.

The report mentions that China is spying through the phone tapping.

There was details discussion in between the government & defence forces .

It was concluded that , it is very difficult for our soldiers to stay at borders with out any communication with family for months. & is affecting them .

Secondly , in times of emergency like current situation at galwan (ladakh) , strong mobile networks would have helped for faster response .

It was decided - Jio will be paid through the USO fund & will erect the border towers with in three months.

Jio already has a superb network on the international boundary in Rajasthan with Pakistan - rite from Gujarat border (Tharad area ) to north Rajasthan .

Jio has erected towers through out the international border which is mainly used by border security forces . They have covered all major posts & Jio has been very efficient in keeping them running 24×7 with out break downs.

There are no other networks available through out the border except a few areas , where BSNL has only 2g.

We need the most aggressive player in the market to deploy tower infrastructure in minimum time & as said Jio is the most capable to do that.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
28/06/2020 5:51 am  

Then why you used English letters for writing in your regional language. Appo sootha mudikittu poda keanam.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
28/06/2020 7:47 am  

Old 900 mhz spectrum were administratively allocated spectrum to BSNL which is not tech neutral hence cannot be deployed for 4g or 3g.

Abu Dhabi man pls note...

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
28/06/2020 7:55 am  

Amid all the discussion below. I would like to highlight something

Bsnl employee union should be thankfull to the tax payer and govt for not taking back their expired 900mhz spectrum in 2018 and 19. And it is still being allowed to be used on compassionate grounds...

My view is due to this corona govt is helpless in terms of funding and not allocating funds to BSNL.

Sorry to say that it may happen that govt may be forced to shutdown the PSU since entire game after corona is changed. Govt is anticipating huge gst shortfall this yr and may be will continue next yr too. Corona is not going to go easily. Virus is mutating faster and a vaccine is not visible in near future. So business will suffer and so will GST and TDS collection

ReplyQuote
Vishal
 Vishal
(@Vishal)
28/06/2020 8:54 am  

Jio's B5 850Mhz will be helpful in border.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
28/06/2020 1:45 pm  

From your post itself you made clear that there is no much difference between 3G and 4G.
See. Japan moved to 3G only operator in the year 2000 itself. The people have to move.

Are you still using pigeons to send messages?. You moved to telegram (India post), email, instant messenger, SMS and then to OTT apps. Will you still say we can continue to send messages using pigeons?.

It is the problem of the missed call creatures to use 2G only handsets. Still all the handset manufacturers are adamant not to release 3G and 4G VoLTE only feature phones. In this case why must the smartphone users suffer because of the missed call creatures?. Can you prove that there is voice only pack* in jio (not jio phone pack) and avoid except BSNL?.

* means : without any data quota

2G - Your post is wrong. RGSM 2G EDGE supported sumultaneous voice and data at the same time.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
28/06/2020 3:19 pm  

Japan itself a developed country.
600 years back from now that pigeons was used to deliver the Messages on aimed destinations.
No Voice only pack you will get in Jio, Airtel & VIL, in case of CellOne Voice only packs available e.g. 99-319 etc.
On 2015 month of August adopted a new smart 2G-3G sim & till 2017 month of May accessed internet in Reliance 2G network but i had never experienced this Telephone calls/Internet at a same time the E-2.5G sign get ceased/disappeared during Voice calls.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
28/06/2020 3:42 pm  

Now i get the point you might facing difficulty to understand the meaning of that language. Next time i shall try to comment in English. & Can you explain what South Indian words you had written in which language but i guess its a language of State Andhra Pradesh.

ReplyQuote
Saikat
 Saikat
(@Saikat)
28/06/2020 9:57 pm  

I have been to many of the regions where Jio is going to set up their towers in Ladakh. BSNL 2G is present at most places, though the connection is patchy. Airtel 4G is present in Leh and a couple of other large towns. However, Nubra valley, Pangong, etc. regions have almost no network. I am sure Jio 4G won't be available to the people at far flung border areas either as govt. has never wanted our network to go to China. Also, Chinese networks are not available in those regions. If what you say is true, soldiers will continue to use Chinese networks as Jio is not setting up network where Chinese networks are available. So, we are back to square one, aren't we?

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
29/06/2020 6:27 am  

Even 1800 MHz will help.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
29/06/2020 6:35 am  

Whether jio installs the towers or BSNL installs, J and K, N.E states are virtually treated as a seperate country by the Indian government because :
> domestic prepaid in roaming (from other states) is not allowed i.e., using Tamilnadu prepaid SIM at J & K.

> international out roaming will not work in the prepaid SIM of the above mentioned states

> till now, 3G and 4G internet has not been allowed in J & K.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
29/06/2020 11:20 am  

I had used Tamil language words. In south india few people only knows Hindi. I can able to read Hindi script words but can't understand the meaning. That's why I request you to write in English.

ReplyQuote
Vodafone Lover
 Vodafone Lover
(@Vodafone Lover)
29/06/2020 12:27 pm  

FLOOR PRICE IS NEED OF TIME.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
29/06/2020 3:26 pm  

Yes, specially in Madras very few peoples knew Hindi i will comment in English.
Thanks

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
30/06/2020 11:04 am  

Chetan :
Go and see gsmarena specs of all 4G phones. It will be mentioned that all compatible phones work 2G, 3G and 4G in 850 and 900 MHz. So these 2 frequencies are technology neutral. Go and update your knowledge.

1800 MHz can be used only for 2G and 4G

2100 MHz can only be used for 3G and 4G.

I challenge you. Mention any one multi band phone that does not support 850 and 900 MHz in 2G, 3G and 4G mode.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
30/06/2020 11:07 am  

Logic :
I have experienced internet browsing during a normal voice call in RGSM in 2009 using Nokia N79 and 5320 expressmusic. But call hold and call conference was not available in RGSM in the network end because of aggressively low call and data tariff that time.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
30/06/2020 1:11 pm  

Floor data speed is needed now.

ReplyQuote
Ashok
 Ashok
(@Ashok)
30/06/2020 3:11 pm  

Thanks for your understanding. Have a pleasant day.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
30/06/2020 3:19 pm  

Lava Z61 supports Band 8/3 for GSM, Band 1/8 for WCDMA & Band 1/3/5/8/40/41 check from official website of Lava but models like Vivo U10 supports Band 5 in GSM, Band 3 can also be use for HSPA/UMTS but in India major network operators adopted Band 1 for HSPA/UMTS.
Dont fully rely on gsmarena.com some info mentioned on gsmarena website not matches in actual product.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
30/06/2020 3:21 pm  

Kindly verify from Vivo website pls.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
30/06/2020 3:25 pm  

Till 2017 nobody had experienced Call Hold/Call conference in Reliance Comm. GSM but same was available for CDMA as much i know.
But in 2G network of any operators i had never experienced the Calls/Internet at a time.

ReplyQuote
Pareshnath Pandey
 Pareshnath Pandey
(@Pareshnath Pandey)
30/06/2020 3:28 pm  

Band 1/3/5/8/40/41 for LTE.

ReplyQuote
Usha Sharma
 Usha Sharma
(@Usha Sharma)
25/07/2020 5:42 pm  

Bhakt mirchi lagi?