Clear all

BSNL Employees to Hold Demonstrations on July 16 Over 4G Roll Out  

RSS

Yogesh
(@bala)
Reputable Member
07/07/2020 6:12 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) Employees Union (EU) on Tuesday announced its intentions to organize “black flag” demonstrations during the lunch hour on July 16. The BSNLEU said that the demonstration is being held against the cancellation of BSNL 4G…

Abc
 Abc
(@Abc)
07/07/2020 6:27 pm  

Im fed up with bsnl..using bsnl bb totaly unreliable..today i pay using debit card and guess wat site down immediately i the middle of payment. Cant received payment receipt but amount deducted frm bank..cc nmber always waiting..local bsnl guys turn mobile off..wat to do..
If Jio fiber team reading this comment please expand ur fiber in Prayagraj UPE..i already registered in ur site..pleaseeeee

ReplyQuote
Arena
 Arena
(@Arena)
07/07/2020 6:55 pm  

Bsnl must be privitized totally. It's useless& waste of tax payers money to carry this baggage as PSU.

It's the public money that these ppl asking.

In any business, growth= principle investment/efficiency.

Bsnl is inefficient & it want duplicating existing tech at the cost of public money. Pumping unlimited of tax payers money as captial is no business. That too @ highly competitive technology based telecom business. These r the ppl who can't even upgrade 20+ year old copper infra with this much time.

It's better to spend this money in building 5G equipment company which India need in future.

Being PSU, BSNL got no right to choose it's suppliers with dollar payout& waste opportunity of India resources in learning how to fish.

It's as simple as BSNL want more ready & packed fishes to feed themselves than allowing India to create a fishing company with its huge human resources & talent.

I want India to spend money on 5G R&D and infrastructure building than giving money to BSNL. Giving money to BSNL for 4g will be more burden on tax payers.

Bsnl u can launch low band 5G in future @ur existing frequencies, now upgrade all your copper to fiber infra. Allow indian 5G equipment industry to grow. With IOT, it's potential is huge.

We should not fall as dependent to Chinese 5G & IOT with its mass production scale up. This is the best time for India to push this industry that world can depend upon as Chinese alternative. China will do everything wrt price dumping to attract buyers all over the world post Covid. If there is no cheaper alternative then everything will become same as pre 2019 wrt Chinese influence over cheap tech infrastructure. Bsnl Stop doing nonsense just to get paid, if u r so skilled, get job somewhere or start a business startup. Stop this blackmail business.

Wish Political pappu won't join u to get his lost face value.

ReplyQuote
Chhota Chetan
 Chhota Chetan
(@Chhota Chetan)
07/07/2020 11:38 pm  

Nobody except BSNL provides services to rural areas. The so called pioneer companies shut down towers claiming un-profitability. Rural people pay taxes too, it's not just pompous asses like you.

ReplyQuote
Nitin
 Nitin
(@Nitin)
07/07/2020 11:51 pm  

I love BSNL. Have Almost all conection at home BSNL as main SIM. When it works, Its best.
But, I think intentionally kept frustrating for customers.
For Example : One SIM was working good since last years. But today Data facility turned off suddenly & free Caller tune activated without permission. That too shitty caller tune which mathes swith off message.
All this due to 1699 Plan activation ?
Now the game starts:
1. 1503 refuse to lodge complaint.
2. Local exchange told to wait for a day to sort.
3. next visit SIM exchange freely but still no data.
4. Zero response/solution by PG Portal. It was forwarded to same local exchange.
5. Some dude in exchnage advised to reset plan of my sim when nothing worked.
And Data is activated after 6 days of scrolling.
Another few days and caller tune s also gone. But worst now corona tone back 🙁
No issues after that.
So to keep BSNL & Enjoy it, always be ready for some fight with system which will popup some day suddenly.

ReplyQuote
DGupta
 DGupta
(@DGupta)
08/07/2020 12:50 am  

govt should not throw good money after bad. If they cant sell BSNL, shut it down. It will be far cheaper to just pay salaries or transfer the staff to other departments, instead of spending billions more on setting up another 4G network.

ReplyQuote
Laloo
 Laloo
(@Laloo)
08/07/2020 2:32 am  

BSNL staff in service centers are either clueless or obnoxious. They don't work by ethics and will lie to you just like bank staff. Never trust them

ReplyQuote
vishal khanna
 vishal khanna
(@vishal khanna)
08/07/2020 1:09 pm  

mr abc. jio is totally useless. i am using .dont waste money on jio. go with bsnl fibre. its best

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
08/07/2020 1:10 pm  

Bro do you know any sms code to turn off caller tune on BSNL?

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
08/07/2020 1:17 pm  

There was a time when in my area only BSNL copper line broadband was present and everyone was subscribed to them but today there are 6-7 fiber ISPs providing services and broken copper wires are dangling on rusted BSNL poles xD BSNL SDO still saying get ten people to subscribe to BSNL fiber only then we'll lay the line ROTFL! They have this attitude in today's day and age where broadband take up is spiking like never before. The truth is that they just don't want to work, otherwise if they had laid the fiber line, people would have subscribed gradually. No one wants this headache of taking applications to BSNL office when private companies have their sales people doing everything for you to get a connection. It's a malaise BSNL suffers from and it's very very hard to get rid of because it has become institutionalized.

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
08/07/2020 1:20 pm  

Only thing I've never had an issue with in BSNL is their billing which has historically been very good. But looks like this has also started having problems now, going by your description.

ReplyQuote
Arena
 Arena
(@Arena)
08/07/2020 3:57 pm  

Jio is waiting for right time, else cable & local operators will cut its fiber network cables at night. It takes time for ppl not to see jio as threat.

Bsnl is waste wrt services other than selling Internet as water bill collector.

Also network is area dependent. It's not like same everywhere. U need to understand Internet= group of networks interconnected.

"Waste" in what sense?data Plans or QoS?

As far as my understanding of fiber services,they r excellent wrt very very low loss(bcz of joints, everything is machined, so it's totally negligible)& speeds they give even as far as 20km from nearest junction.

ReplyQuote
RAHUL
 RAHUL
(@RAHUL)
08/07/2020 4:46 pm  

This fiber cutting practices by competitors during nights happened when previous AP govt launched fibernet. This happened in multiple towns regularly. This led to bad image & the project failed miserably.

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
08/07/2020 5:14 pm  

Bro now no ISP gives a rat's as s to Jio Fiber, they're not threatened by it ever since Jio Fiber came out with its lame plans. In my area only one out of ten connections is Jio Fiber's. That too an uncle's, who types with one finger xD All the young and informed users are taking other connections. Now other ISPs are not reducing plan prices anymore. Only good thing Jio fiber did was get other ISPs to reduce their plan prices drastically and improve their infra. Jio Fiber has missed the bus. Local based services are much better. My local ISP fixes downtime within half an hour or less while Jio Fiber users are busy sending tweets to Jio Care but resolution process is too slow.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
08/07/2020 7:25 pm  

Nitin :
Don't you know about 155223 that works in all the Indian mobile operators?.

Don't you know that you have to type START and send it to 1925 to start the data services along with PAYG data after finishing the data quota?.

Without knowing these, you have wasted your time. BSNL can't be blamed in this regard.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
08/07/2020 7:26 pm  

Telecomnerd :
Call 155223 or type STOP and send to 155223. Same procedure for all the mobile operators.

It is toll free only when tried within India.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
08/07/2020 7:37 pm  

I never faced any problem in my BSNL landline billing since June 2003 and broadband since April 2009.

The surprising thing is that I have selected ADSL broadband plan change to superstar 300 plan (that gives UL anynet anytime calling + 300 GB total data per month at 10 Mbps download and 2 Mbps download thereafter. Upload always remains stable at 1 Mbps or 120 KB / s along with hotstar premium for lifetime*) from the BSNL self care website and the plan got changed on a day between the 2nd to 4th day from the date of request !!!.

The only headache is activation of hotstar premium. I just got the SMS that I can start using the facility but did not mention how. I myself logged out from the hotstar app and logged in. The facility got activated.

* means : till I am the subscriber of that plan. If I change my plan, the hotstar subscription will get cancelled.

BSNL ADSL is the fate of my place as no other branded provider (airtel, BSNL FTTH#, ACT, you, asianet, railwire etc) has service at my place.

# means : No response from BSNL even after placing several requests for BSNL FTTH new connection.

ReplyQuote
Nitin
 Nitin
(@Nitin)
08/07/2020 10:51 pm  

First thing to do in BSNL is Send Stop on 1925. It stops data service even plans. After Data recharge, First thing to do is Send "START" on 1925.
Yes, I knew about it since the day this facility provided by Telecoms. Funny thing with all the story, Don't you think BSNL center had checked first thing if Data service authorised to active on my connection.

ReplyQuote
Usha Sharma
 Usha Sharma
(@Usha Sharma)
25/07/2020 5:46 pm  

Hurt Bhakt Spotted?

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Create Poll 
Poll Details

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: