Forum

Broadband Internet ...

Notifications
Clear all

Broadband Internet Throttling: What is it and What You Can Do to Avoid it?  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
31/07/2020 7:15 am  
wpf-cross-image

One thing that is really frustrating for anyone is slow internet after paying for high-speed data. It happens with everyone. There are a lot of factors behind it such as the location you are in or the kind of device…

Sumanth
 Sumanth
(@Sumanth)
31/07/2020 7:49 am  

ACT actually says they don't use the "UPTO" speeds gimmick. And its true in my personal experience. If its 100Mbps plan, the speed will be 100Mbps. Nothing less, Nothing more. And the speeds will be the same in both upload and download.

Anyone knows if any other ISP which does the same?

ReplyQuote
Ravi
 Ravi
(@Ravi)
31/07/2020 11:29 am  

Airtel throttles its 4G speeds heavily. In my area, maximum 4G download speed is capped at 1 MB/s and throttles further to few kilobytes whenever i try to download anything.

ReplyQuote
Cool_chennai
 Cool_chennai
(@Cool_chennai)
31/07/2020 6:11 pm  

I am using hathway broadband. I recharged the plan for 150mbps speed. But still i get 100mbps download and upload speed only.

I am planning to recharge for 100mbps plan next time.

ACT is always 100 to 150 INR costly than every plans in hathway bro. Thats the reason i didnt prefer it.

But in chennai, Hathway broadband provider is a big hit.

ReplyQuote
Telecomnerd
 Telecomnerd
(@Telecomnerd)
01/08/2020 2:02 am  

Promised & stable speeds are very common on fiber broadband, nothing special about ACT. Capacity was never a problem for ISPs, the rotten copper based last mile wiring was.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
01/08/2020 3:44 pm  

I think your wifi router has a 100Mbps WAN port, hence you're getting 100Mbps only. You will need a gigabit WAN port to get speeds faster than 100Mbps.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: