Forum

Bharti Infratel-Ind...

Notifications
Clear all

Bharti Infratel-Indus Towers Merger Delay to Impact Vodafone Idea’s Capability to Raise Funds  

RSS

Chakri K
(@chakri)
Member Admin
27/06/2020 8:52 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Bharti Infratel's move to extend the deadline for the merger with Indus Towers by over two months till August 31 will now impact Vodafone Idea's capability to raise funds to clear a part of AGR-related dues. Currently, Vodafone Idea has…

Chetan-Bengaluru
 Chetan-Bengaluru
(@Chetan-Bengaluru)
27/06/2020 10:05 pm  

All these news aside. not for once VIL management has come out and said whatever may be, they are here to stay. NOT ONCE
Can you believe a company who is going through negative analyst and media ire and dismissal on its business continuity stays MUMM about its future. Customers are reading its court verdict, media is feeding articles daily ,it is sad situation.

Reason for not coming out in public::::

1. Either people within VIL are themself not sure about its future Or

2. They are sure BUT they want to purposefully cut sorry figure in front of Judiciary and Govt so that help can be extended.

But whatever be the reason, Customers are leaving its network in large nos. either due to its poor service or due to its uncertain future and prospective customers are going to its competitors. So staying silent is doing more harm than good.

ReplyQuote
Vodafone Lover
 Vodafone Lover
(@Vodafone Lover)
28/06/2020 8:41 am  

Yeah VIL future is not confirm, I think if they survive till fy 20-21 then I can say something

ReplyQuote
P Sharma
 P Sharma
(@P Sharma)
28/06/2020 1:57 pm  

Very well said.
Vodafone days are over or will over soon.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
28/06/2020 2:07 pm  

Vodafone (not Idea) is the only operator in India that does not provide the option to check the total number of SMS sent per day.

Airtel has *125*4# ; Idea has *213*5# and BSNL has *124*2# to check the SMS balance. In this only airtel and idea provide option to check the number of SMS sent per day. And BSNL shows the SMS remaining per day out of 100.

But vodafone is adamant not to provide such a facility even after repeated complaints.

ReplyQuote
Kaushik Roy
 Kaushik Roy
(@Kaushik Roy)
28/06/2020 3:54 pm  

Idea brand is in danger. Out of 30 crores subscribers 18 to 19 crores are Vodafone and balance 11 to 12 crores are idea (just assuming). And now with postpaid shifted to Vodafone, idea is left with only 9 to 10 crore prepaid subscribers and majority on 49 recharge.
Moreover idea is main operator in weak circles like Odisha, Bihar and Vodafone is main operator in strong circles . Even strong cirlcle of Kerala is now handled by Vodafone though idea had more subscribers than Vodafone in Kerala. In MP circle idea is way ahead of Vodafone and now it's premium postpaid will managed by weak Vodafone. The employees of idea are now controlled by weaker Vodafone in its strong circles.So it's a loss situation for idea and Birla.
Idea employees and subscribers both are in bother now for future.

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
28/06/2020 4:44 pm  

Very well said. In Gujarat, VIL has improved its network and is providing decent speed at most of the places. The only problem is about its uncertain future. I would love to port into Vodafone but I am afraid that they might anytime shutdown. There are many who are afraid and are not porting in and also many porting out of VIL due to the same reason. I am not sure why company is not taking any stance. Even if they come out and say that we will continue in india, I am sure there will be thousands who are willing to port in which would increase there revenue.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
28/06/2020 7:19 pm  

VIL is DEAD ANIMAL, who cant voice any words.

Our doctors team ( DOT, SC, COAI, AIRTEL through indus) are trying all effort to review them, like ventilators, shock treatment, medicine, blood supply etc.

VIL relatives( read VIL postpaid-suit wearing , and prepaid- middle class dressed) are sitting outside OT.

Benificiary, ( read JIO and BSNL) who gets happy are talking to media personal about successful attempt for reaveling BIG FAILURE of Ecosystem ( read Hospital)

Well-wisher like friends are relatives ( read bank who gave loan) are either turn away or waiting for suicide moments
Neighbour ( read Gear Vendor and IT solution, Infra providers) are almost neutral which may get profited little or loss just few bucks are all the way busy with their other customer but keep eyes on every piece of info and rumor coming from news and Social media.

so rightly said, dead person can breath (till march 2021)back in next few months OTHERWISE is has to sent to postmartem ( read IBC -bankruptcy court.)

ReplyQuote
Bharat Khanna
 Bharat Khanna
(@Bharat Khanna)
28/06/2020 7:25 pm  

Not everyone is a telemarketing agent to send more than 100 sms per day.

Use the app. That shows all info

ReplyQuote
Vodafone Lover
 Vodafone Lover
(@Vodafone Lover)
28/06/2020 9:58 pm  

Idea postpaid to Vodafone red migration started at 4 pm today (28th June) will be completed on 6am 29th June. See below images.

Screenshot_20200628-215443
Screenshot_20200628-215401
Screenshot_20200628-215317

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
29/06/2020 12:46 am  

So this is proof that VIL is only going to become Vodafone India, and they're gonna close Idea. I'm on Idea prepaid, and my 1499 pack expires in November.

ReplyQuote
Avinash Meena
 Avinash Meena
(@Avinash Meena)
29/06/2020 5:27 am  

Don't worry they will migrate you to Vodafone prepaid with same plan intact , just like tata docomo which is now airtel prepaid.

ReplyQuote
Avinash Meena
 Avinash Meena
(@Avinash Meena)
29/06/2020 5:30 am  

This is true, rip idea postpaid, now company should be called Vodafone india 😉 🙂

ReplyQuote
Vodafone Lover
 Vodafone Lover
(@Vodafone Lover)
29/06/2020 7:55 am  

Vodafone postpaid red basic cocp 299 plan speed (earlier idea postpaid)

IMG-20200629-WA0000~2

ReplyQuote
Vodafone Lover
 Vodafone Lover
(@Vodafone Lover)
29/06/2020 8:05 am  

For idea prepaid this code is not working Sudhakar, God bless you, I wish one day your own network Sudha 4G will launch 😛 🙂 😉

ReplyQuote
Vodafone Lover
 Vodafone Lover
(@Vodafone Lover)
29/06/2020 8:16 am  

Vodafone idea should survive, good work vil kill idea brand and migrate users to single Vodafone brand or migrate all prepaid users to idea brand and for postpaid they already merged operation today. Vodafone for postpaid and idea for prepaid. Or single brand Vodafone for all,
Launch vowifi, stable volte in pan India on both brands, esim for both postpaid and prepaid, complete network integration by September 2020 (Q1 20-21)
Match network to airtel and jio use all available spectrum block for increased capacity, integrate backhaul network for better network experience these are important things Vodafone should do right away in couple of months otherwise thier demise is 100 percent sure.

ReplyQuote
Kirit Patel
 Kirit Patel
(@Kirit Patel)
29/06/2020 11:29 am  

Right....our company ported out all cug connection in Airtel from Vodafone just because threat of VIL future and low cost plan from Airtel, Network Quality of Airtel is Good than Vodafone in Ahmedabad

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
29/06/2020 2:53 pm  

all these can only happen in BOARD room.
when moving to floor and sites, it required funds and Professional person, which is very much lacking, and neither VIL board nor management interested to put effort or money.

Only hope is Some foreign investor come and grab 10-20% share and become passive investor or ACTIVE company running MVNO with additional spectrum/employee/subsciber/infra.

It would be great that Foreign company sees Massive and huge potential in indian market due to JIO, and make deal

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
30/06/2020 3:48 am  

Yeah I'm not worried. I took the 1499 plan because I barely use Idea in Goa. The slow speeds make me cringe. In the heart of the city i get 1 - 1.5Mbps on Idea whereas Jio, it's a decent 12 to 20Mbps on band 40 in spite of having the most amount of users. I hope Idea is shifted to Vodafone soon. Can't wait to figure out how good their 4G is on band 1 / 41, and if CA is enabled in Mapusa.

I wonder though. Will I need to change my Idea sim to Vodafone?

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
30/06/2020 3:52 am  

Yeah, now let's see what happens when VIL from Vodafone Idea Limited becomes Vodafone India Limited. Idea will be missed. Adios amigos.

ReplyQuote
Avinash Meena
 Avinash Meena
(@Avinash Meena)
30/06/2020 10:47 am  

No you don't have to change sim card your Vodafone migration will be smooth.
Date is not fixed but soon idea will be Vodafone prepaid also

ReplyQuote
Vodafone Lover
 Vodafone Lover
(@Vodafone Lover)
30/06/2020 10:50 am  

You don't have to change simcard

ReplyQuote
Vodafone Lover
 Vodafone Lover
(@Vodafone Lover)
30/06/2020 10:56 am  

I think birla now finally want to quit telecom sector that's why he has allowed
his brand customer to join Vodafone brand, he will sell his part of stake to Vodafone plc or to other forgien investor may be axiata berhad or other mnc.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
30/06/2020 1:17 pm  

It is working for Tamilnadu circle.

ReplyQuote
amit
 amit
(@amit)
30/06/2020 3:11 pm  

plan benefits and handset make pls??

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
01/07/2020 3:19 pm  

What's the full form of PLC? Good thing Idea will be gone.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: