Notifications
Clear all

Bharti Airtel Removes Rs 2,398 Prepaid Plan from its Truly Unlimited Offer  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Member Admin
25/07/2020 6:08 pm  

Bharti Airtel keeps on adding and removing prepaid plans. The telco has removed its Rs 2,398 prepaid plan from its Truly Unlimited offerings. This plan used to come with 1.5GB daily data, unlimited calling, 100 SMS/day and Airtel Thanks benefits.…

Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
25/07/2020 6:19 pm  

I read somewhere that SMS limit of 100 messages has been removed. Is that correct? If yes, then why operators have not removed the limit?

ReplyQuote
Tushar Malhotra
 Tushar Malhotra
(@Tushar Malhotra)
25/07/2020 7:03 pm  

Incorrect

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
25/07/2020 8:19 pm  

Sahil :
For all their needs as if all banks in the world have stopped sending alerts via SMS. Do not say anything favouring SMS and 3G there is group here to oppose them.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
25/07/2020 10:49 pm  

I am just surpisse WHY would RBIand abnk initiate consultation paper and similar activity.

We now gets Airline tickes and even BOOKMYSHOW movie tickes via Whatsapp

waiting for receiving OTP via Whatsapp if, customer register with there bank. See operator already alnching Vowifi, saying calls can be routed via Wifi network.

let banks also send Whatsapp along with sms for OTP. This is essential to reduce dependance on age old technology for todays important bank communication along line of 2 factor authentication.

ReplyQuote
Vishal
 Vishal
(@Vishal)
26/07/2020 12:10 am  

Jio 2399 plan gives 2Gb data per day for 365 days. It is cheaper than Airtel. Now about Jio's 2599 plan, it gives 2gb per day for 365 days along with 1 year disney hostar subscription. 

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
26/07/2020 9:53 am  

SMS can't be compared with Whatsapp.
You need to install another app just to get important messages. Moreover, Whatsapp is owned by Facebook. I will never trust Facebook with my bank OTPs. SMS is fine for that. Also, RCS is round the corner. The reason for asking this was it will fall back to text message in places of poor or no Internet. So we will start sending text messages more than now.

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
26/07/2020 10:06 am  

I believe RCS is the solution here. The advantage here is it doesn't matter which app you use. No need to install any third party app. It will work with your default texting app. Also, when internet is not available or patchy, it will fall back to normal text. We dont need to worry if other person is on certain app and is connected to internet or not. You or other person will receive messages as intended.

ReplyQuote
KGF
 KGF
(@KGF)
26/07/2020 11:38 am  

Using Whatsapp for OTP will be a huge boon for scammers.

ReplyQuote
dragonmonk
 dragonmonk
(@dragonmonk)
27/07/2020 12:47 pm  

@sahil While I agree with you that WhatsApp owned by a private company is not a substitution for an open standard such as SMS, RCS is not a solution either. RCS is Google's solution to Apple's iMessage. When Google couldn't get any traction on Android with its multiple counterpart apps to iMessage on iOS, they came up with this idea of adding proprietary extensions to SMS and trying to get carriers signup on the idea. It will be just as much a failure as Google's other messaging apps and iOS will never implement Google's RCS making it another fragmented app and a poor successor to open standard SMS.

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
28/07/2020 9:07 am  

Well that can be the case. But RCS is a global standard so I believe Apple will be forced to bring RCS on their phones once SMS starts to face out. Lets see. RCS as of now is working well on Airtel and VIL. Also, Samsung started supporting on its messaging app on VIL network. Only Jio is not supporting universal RCS profile.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: