Clear all

Bharti Airtel Manages to Beat Jio in ARPU Front, Reports Rs 157 ARPU  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
29/07/2020 10:28 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Bharti Airtel, pursuant to Regulation 30 of SEBI Regulations, 2015, has released the first quarter’s (April 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020) financial report. The report reflects some staggering numbers. First of all, across 16 countries, Bharti Airtel has a…

Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
30/07/2020 2:26 am  

Team TT, why no article on jio adding more than 2 crore subsciber in Karnataka???? Why this selective reporting??? It was an official press release ...

I am seeing lot ot inclination towards airtel and vil stories and reporting from TT. Special previliged words used for airtel in articles. Do you have some sort of problem with Jio. If yes, pls say it because then I can stop visiting your site.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
30/07/2020 2:29 am  

Airtel had beaten jio in terms of ARPU 2 qtrs ago, why this jio word used again. If some record is broken then it's broken already why use jio again and again . Also why not say vil and jio both in headline if some record is beaten....

Not appreciated

ReplyQuote
Tarun
(@tarun)
Member Admin
30/07/2020 4:18 am  

Hey, we did not get any PR from Jio about the same.

It looks like a PTI story that's why 🙂 maybe its some sourced base but as far as i know if its a PR we would have got some info from Jio about the same

ReplyQuote
RAHUL
 RAHUL
(@RAHUL)
30/07/2020 8:42 am  

No one forcing you..JIO doesn't deactivate inactive users. I have seen people talking here that even if there are no recharges for almost 2yrs, incoming is not cut off. Forget about deactivation...That's how they maintain market leadership

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
30/07/2020 8:44 am  

Though Jio is showing more customers then Airtel but as per vlr data Actual active user base of Airtel & Jio is almost same .

Jio has only 82% active base & Airtel over 96 %.

Airtel india revenues of India at 12800 crores Vs Jio last quarter (fourth) has 14835 crores.

Still Jio revenuesare more by 2000 crores.

So actual , Jio average revenue per user is much higher then Airtel.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
30/07/2020 9:34 am  

Tarun, not going into much details but just go through past airtel and vil articles and you will understand what I am talking about. I pointed out this earlier too but no revert or irrelevant revert.

What does this mean when you write in articles like::::: airtel is india most loved brand, that why people love this brand bla bla. It has come up with another best offering exciting it's customers... Are bhai let india decide which is its loved brand . Every month customer addition are telling which is its loved brand. Why you want to add Mirch masala.

Dude when pti is writing that jio crossed 2 crore customer mark in Karnataka then it implies they have been called and informed by jio team . Just like that pti will not celebrate jio 2 crore mark and say happy birthday jio . Paise thodi na mil rahe hai bhai...

I hope you write jio articles and news with so much zeel and passion like airtel...

BTW jio discountinues it's cheapest jio phone 49 and some other plan and that news also you never covered...

ReplyQuote
Megahan
 Megahan
(@Megahan)
30/07/2020 12:33 pm  

@Chetan...everybody knows that you love to read news against Vodafone. But unfortunately Vodafone is improving a lot after completing their integration. So you better focus on something productive!

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
30/07/2020 1:23 pm  

Rahul, even if jio deactivates all their inacitve users then also jio is ahead of airtel by 12mn customers. Jio actual active user base is 320 mn and airtel is 308 as per considering trai data and calculating vlr.

So first do home work and then comment

ReplyQuote
Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
30/07/2020 2:48 pm  

Hey man,
It's because Jio is the 'standard' for competition. Vodafone isn't the top telco in the market, Jio is. When you compare with someone or something, you compare with the best.

And if you are implying we are biased, we are not. We report what we see and observe. Thank you

ReplyQuote
Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
30/07/2020 2:52 pm  

Chetan, not going into 'many' details, but we report what we see and observe. No mirch or masala is added, Airtel is not paying us and nor would we accept anything from any company to write a biased report. It is what it is. Airtel is one of the 'best' brands in India. I too am a Jio and Vodafone user and not Airtel. So there is no hate for either of the companies, it is just what is out there. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
30/07/2020 2:53 pm  

And for something which you think our team missed out on covering, do let us know so that we can cover it. We are also humans and there is a limit to what we can see and observe at a time. Thanks

ReplyQuote
VIL LOVER
 VIL LOVER
(@VIL LOVER)
30/07/2020 3:48 pm  

@megahan +10000000 😛 🙂 😉

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
30/07/2020 5:00 pm  

@Megahan I wish they were..
I still use Vodafone internet in 3G mode (around 300KB/s) as it is more stable than their 4G and never drops to 2G unlike 4G. Also if I receive call, data is connected.
While in 4G mode (as here No VoLTE service for Vodafone customers only Idea customers can enjoy VoLTE) it always falls back to 2G.

ReplyQuote
KGF
 KGF
(@KGF)
30/07/2020 5:05 pm  

Managed to do what? Didn't Airtel have higher ARPU usually?

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
30/07/2020 5:09 pm  

Tanay , yaar should I laugh on your comment or ignore . Man this is hilarious

Jio is standard for competition means will you start punching jio for irrelevant comparison.

I think I am able to understand the entire ecosystem of tt. I think I should gracefully walk out. Looks like 35 to 40+ guys should look elsewhere.

I will write better stuff for your portal. You guys better sit back

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
30/07/2020 5:12 pm  

And all you airtel lovers, some airtel stores in Bangalore have put up canopy outside the gate and servicing prepaid customers like sim replacement, recharge etc. They are not entertained inside store. Executive standing outside ask if it is prepaid or postpaid and if postpaif then it is asked to go inside and welcomed. Prepaid customers stand outside in que in hot sun and do the service

Bahut ache din aane wale hai airtel ke....

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
30/07/2020 6:10 pm  

Actually i am now taking advantage of this Activity of JIO.
Becuase of lockdown , most people are at home for most of time even 23 hrs/day

Thus i decided to not to recarge for march-april, then with 98 . Now deiced not to recrage anymore .
Outgoing calls will be made from Whatsapp or LANDLINE,( all BB plan provide free unlimted calls)
Incoming is working fine, and we even dont need 1sms per day forget about 100sms/day.
Of-course data used from WIFI , so no need of even 0.5Gb/day

Secondly recharge from BSNL like 365 or 95 are cheaper and provide both incoming/outgoing facility can be used in emergency or whenever outside Home.

JIO is best to use for incoming, and BSNL ki ram ram chal rahi hai,

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
30/07/2020 6:13 pm  

Now it really looks that VIL is surviving, and Am expectings some deal, where prepaid customer would be spin off to some MVNO.
so basically India will have 3+1 Telco and many more MVNO. let compition and infrastructure develop with poor player like VIL.

ReplyQuote
SACHIN
 SACHIN
(@SACHIN)
30/07/2020 6:25 pm  

meghan bhai 100 crore likes frm my side for this post

ReplyQuote
Tarun
(@tarun)
Member Admin
30/07/2020 6:57 pm  

Hello Chetan,

Glad that you want to contribute. We would be happy to share your story to the world.

Kindly share few topics that you wish to cover or you can email me. Once we go through the topic, you can start working on the story.

We are looking forward to hear back.

Regards
Tarun 🙂

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
30/07/2020 8:24 pm  

Oh sure Tarun buddy, I shall share when I am free...

But I like to knock few punches in ring rather than to be refree itself...

ReplyQuote
Prathibha bhat G
 Prathibha bhat G
(@Prathibha bhat G)
30/07/2020 8:53 pm  

Airtel Network is excellent compared to other ..Day by Day network is improving . excellent speed ....I hope Airtel will provide good service to There customer ..

ReplyQuote
VIL LOVER
 VIL LOVER
(@VIL LOVER)
30/07/2020 10:03 pm  

activate volte by mailing to customercare[at] vodafoneidea[dot] com

ReplyQuote
Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
30/07/2020 10:08 pm  

There is nothing 'irrelevant' about that post. You have a subjective opinion, we tend to keep a more objective one here at TT. Glad that you devote the time to understand the ecosystem of TT. Sure, write some for us man since you seem to have all the time in the world. And yes, Keep reading our stuff, its good to see that you pay so much attention!

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
31/07/2020 1:18 pm  

@VIL LOVER..
You didn't understand what I meant to say..
Vodafone customer don't have VoLTE service, while all the Idea Prepaid customers can enjoy VoLTE cause it's available on for them in Bihar Jharkhand circle.

Screenshot_20200716-135429_Outlook

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Create Poll 
Poll Details

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: