Clear all

Airtel Wi-Fi Calling: Seamless Connectivity Without Any Additional Charges  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
04/06/2020 1:42 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Bharti Airtel has become a pioneer in providing excellent services. Time and again, the telco has introduced new features and services to ease the life of their customers. One of those services is Airtel Wi-Fi calling. It is also known…

Dipankar
 Dipankar
(@Dipankar)
04/06/2020 1:54 pm  

OT- I want to buy a new phone around 15k-20K which will be CA supported. Which one is best on my budget? My prefer choice is Samsung. Someone guide me.

ReplyQuote
Thameem T
 Thameem T
(@Thameem T)
04/06/2020 2:56 pm  

This is not a big deal, even before years vowifi is commonly used in most of the countries, i am using this for last two years atleast in KSA, also all the network that i know allows to use it internationally, i can use my ksa number in india without any roaming charges, also my colleagues from korea and germany are using their home connection in ksa without any charges using vowifi, this is the main use of it, unfortunately still airtel or Jio didnt provided that.

ReplyQuote
mcb7878
 mcb7878
(@mcb7878)
04/06/2020 3:34 pm  

Please check,it requires a valid calling plan to use airtel vo-wifi

ReplyQuote
Realist
 Realist
(@Realist)
04/06/2020 4:30 pm  

Huge Promotion and advertisement of Wifi calling by Airtel & Jio is an acceptance of failure by Jio and Airtel in further improving network coverage. Its like they are saying live with it, no more towers. especially Jio.
Wifi calling is reducing load on Airtel and Jio networks. Airtel and Jio should give 20-25% discount to users who opt for wifi calling.

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep, India
 Biswadeep, India
(@Biswadeep, India)
04/06/2020 6:07 pm  

Get A50 from Flipkart @14999 or go for A50s @18500 both has confirmed CA support, strictly avoid M series even if they look spec wise attractive. I have an A50 and the phone is charm

ReplyQuote
Bhaskar
 Bhaskar
(@Bhaskar)
04/06/2020 6:10 pm  

Samsung don't provide CA at that cost,but u can go for Samsung S9. If u really want to enjoy CA. Even I'm using it. Not at all a bad choice for 2020.time we avoid Chinese...

ReplyQuote
Arena
 Arena
(@Arena)
04/06/2020 6:46 pm  

Opt for WiFi? What do u think of urself? Just Stop using mobile services& use whatsapp calls @ WiFi. This way u don't need to pay anything...

ReplyQuote
Arena
 Arena
(@Arena)
04/06/2020 6:48 pm  

Also Compare balance sheets of Indian telecos Vs rest.

ReplyQuote
Tushar Malhotra
 Tushar Malhotra
(@Tushar Malhotra)
04/06/2020 7:07 pm  

Samsung m31.
PS m31s launching soon

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
04/06/2020 7:36 pm  

Samsung A50, M30 and M31 are the choices. But the M series do not have gorilla glass and NFC

ReplyQuote
nasa
 nasa
(@nasa)
04/06/2020 7:38 pm  

Samsung in that range is a shit... M31, M21 and A series... Lot of issue.. You can see the amazon reviews... Only good option in that range is poco x2...

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
04/06/2020 7:38 pm  

@Dipankar Samsung A50, M30 and M31 are the choices. Try A51 if it suits your budget.

M series do not have gorilla glass and NFC.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
04/06/2020 8:26 pm  

No use of WiFi calling if it does not work in flight mode in all the handsets that support VoWiFi

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
04/06/2020 8:27 pm  

No use of WiFi calling if it does not work in flight mode in all the handsets that support VoWiFi

ReplyQuote
V vinayak pai
 V vinayak pai
(@V vinayak pai)
04/06/2020 8:44 pm  

Jio I am facing incoming problem when voice over wifi is activated. Caller gets message that I am.out of taange and call does not get connected.

ReplyQuote
bharat khanna
 bharat khanna
(@bharat khanna)
04/06/2020 9:47 pm  

You do understand that even with the best of coverage there will be corners in buildings and offices that will have low coverages?
If you want to map everything to money why did you complain of prices to be high when quality was good but had 1 gb for 250 rs. You simply cannot get best of both worlds without paying!

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
04/06/2020 9:54 pm  

There is DNS routing issue with isp for jio vowifi. Specially on Airtel broadband. I faced same problem on jio number connected on Airtel broadband in Bangalore. If you change DNS gateway to cloudfare then this problem with get resolve ...

Better is if tou have good coverage at your location then better to switch off vowifi for time being till jio resolve this with ISP

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
04/06/2020 9:58 pm  

Guys this Airtel vowifi is not stable on OnePlus handset. I am using OnePlus 6t and vowifi symbol keeps going off for brief period on between. I am on Airtel ftth broadband...

Where as I don't have any issues on Samsung or Apple devices...

ReplyQuote
nasa
 nasa
(@nasa)
04/06/2020 10:02 pm  

Samsung also manufactures phones in china.. And mostly imports all the parts from China.. They just assemble here...

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
04/06/2020 10:08 pm  

@Thamilan daa neither they have CA

ReplyQuote
Vishal
 Vishal
(@Vishal)
04/06/2020 10:26 pm  

@biswadeep does it support inter band CA ?

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
04/06/2020 10:34 pm  

Do not believe NASA. He sold himself to china.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
04/06/2020 10:35 pm  

Then M41 and M41s . Lol

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
04/06/2020 11:38 pm  

Cheap Chinese phone lol.

ReplyQuote
Sahil Shah
 Sahil Shah
(@Sahil Shah)
04/06/2020 11:39 pm  

Go with a50s. It has CA. I have seen 3CA on jio on a50s. Very good phone.

ReplyQuote
Arman
 Arman
(@Arman)
05/06/2020 12:09 am  

Wifi calling not working of infinix hot 8

ReplyQuote
Biswadeep, India
 Biswadeep, India
(@Biswadeep, India)
05/06/2020 1:28 am  

yes Vishal it supports both inter and intra like band 40+40(20mhz+10mhz) also band 3+40, 3+5 aswell as 5+40,

ReplyQuote
Aditya Patil
 Aditya Patil
(@Aditya Patil)
05/06/2020 1:50 am  

It's quite disappointing to see that one of the most preferred mid-range smartphones in India, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is not yet included in Airtel's Wi-Fi Calling list. There's still no communication from the operator or manufacturer either regards to when the compatibility shall be expanded to this model and when there will be a phased rollout of update to the users. Even the approx. 1.5 year old Redmi Note 7 Pro has recieved the update in the early stages of this technology. Even for my Redmi Note 8 Pro device, the lately introduced MIUI 11.0.4.0 Stable update came along with the Wi-Fi Calling feature (VoWi-Fi), but unfortunately this feature currently supports Jio network only. However, the most interesting part is that Airtel recently included this model in it's website and removed it right away for some mysterious reason. Will Redmi Note 8 Pro users be able to make use of Airtel Wi-Fi Calling service in the near future?

ReplyQuote
Thameem T
 Thameem T
(@Thameem T)
05/06/2020 2:32 am  

If any of the indian player provides international roaming in vowifi, they can get a lot more active connection from expat indians, even if they charge something more most of us are ready to pay that too.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
05/06/2020 6:17 am  

Airtel vowifi is very much available on resmi 8 pro since long.. It is showing active as I write this comment. Not sure why r u saying this?????

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
05/06/2020 6:19 am  

Bhai if theu switch on vowifi on flight mode then whole idea of flight mode will be dissolved... Pls use brain...

ReplyQuote
V vinayak pai
 V vinayak pai
(@V vinayak pai)
05/06/2020 9:22 am  

Exactly what I am doing now. Switch off VoWifi for now. Thanks for the reply

ReplyQuote
V vinayak pai
 V vinayak pai
(@V vinayak pai)
05/06/2020 11:42 am  

One more clarification. I am facing the issue on Jio Vo Wifi when using any broadband connection. I tried using Jiofi and BSNL Broadband also. Same issue in both.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
05/06/2020 2:03 pm  

I must say, we can keep Vowifi switch off permantly even for next few months. Why u need it? unless ur location is absolute dark spot and you forcefully continue with ur telco (jio/airtel) ..

VOLTE is much better and stable from long period.

ReplyQuote
Aditya Patil
 Aditya Patil
(@Aditya Patil)
05/06/2020 4:06 pm  

Hi Chetan. I'm glad to know that your Airtel Wi-Fi calling (VoWi-Fi) service has reached your device and you're able to take advantage of this facility. I'm also quite relieved expecting that the service may also reach my device soon. I'm hereby sharing screenshots regards to why I'm unable to use this service yet on my device. I request you to kindly share the screenshots confirming the service availability on your device, just for my reference. This will enable me cross-check with Mi Services by sending them feedback. Thanking you in advance. Cheers...!!!

Screenshot_2020-06-04-23-35-11-609_com.android.phone
Screenshot_2020-06-04-23-34-26-844_com.android.updater

ReplyQuote
Pratap Madgulkar
 Pratap Madgulkar
(@Pratap Madgulkar)
05/06/2020 6:28 pm  

Working fine as expected on 1+7T

ReplyQuote
Realist
 Realist
(@Realist)
05/06/2020 6:50 pm  

come out of your cartel licking mindset.

ReplyQuote
Realist
 Realist
(@Realist)
05/06/2020 6:52 pm  

you give bad service = you deserve none of my hard earned money. as simple as that

ReplyQuote
Realist
 Realist
(@Realist)
05/06/2020 6:54 pm  

if you have so much extra money from god know what sources you are free to donate to ambani and adani . but i earn a honest living and i want bang for my every buck.

ReplyQuote
guruz
(@guruz)
Eminent Member
05/06/2020 6:55 pm  
Posted by: @Chetan

Airtel vowifi is very much available on resmi 8 pro since long.. It is showing active as I write this comment. Not sure why r u saying this?????

ask the person to do software update.

redmi note 8 also has wifi calling after software update

ReplyQuote
Realist
 Realist
(@Realist)
05/06/2020 6:55 pm  

we pay for the wifi network that jio wifi calling uses. why should jio not reimburse us for it.

ReplyQuote
abcd
 abcd
(@abcd)
05/06/2020 7:24 pm  

hey, use this code enable wi-fi calling option *#*#869434#*#*

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
05/06/2020 7:38 pm  

Aditya bhai, dial the code *#*#869434#*#* to enable vowifi on mi devices... Without this it will not work by default

ReplyQuote
Girish Gowda | BengaLuru
 Girish Gowda | BengaLuru
(@Girish Gowda | BengaLuru)
05/06/2020 8:08 pm  

Quality was actually far worse than today when 1GB cost 250-300rs.

ReplyQuote
Girish Gowda | BengaLuru
 Girish Gowda | BengaLuru
(@Girish Gowda | BengaLuru)
05/06/2020 8:10 pm  

And yet Samsung's earnings doesn't go to the Chinese government to fund the Chinese army.

ReplyQuote
Lovegin
 Lovegin
(@Lovegin)
05/06/2020 9:55 pm  

you ae correct.airtel and jio has to aloow to work vowifi service with all the wifi in the whole world.bsnl had done something related vowifi in the name called wings .but it got failed due to irresponsible bsnl staff

ReplyQuote
RYOLITE
 RYOLITE
(@RYOLITE)
05/06/2020 10:16 pm  

@Thamilan daa in Flight Mode iPhone Support

Go for Better iPhone for WiFi Calling in Flight Mode

Also my Question is that, we activate flight mode while we are not wish to use Phone or Prohibited. So why this Feature very important. Airtel and Jio connect VoWIFI while no coverage so not need flight mode VOWIFI

ReplyQuote
Sayak Roy
 Sayak Roy
(@Sayak Roy)
05/06/2020 10:47 pm  

WiFi Calling does seem to work with flight mode enabled on iPhones. Don’t know why it doesn’t work similarly in Android.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
06/06/2020 12:25 am  

Chetan :
Can you prove that you cannot use WiFi, bluetooth, WiFi direct in flight mode?. If these are allowed, then why can't VoWiFi?.

Do you have brain?.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
06/06/2020 12:14 pm  

flight mode is just to avoide interrferance with aircraft operation.

Now with technology upgrade, Inflight wifi hotspot available. so its logical that VOWIFI should work.

@chetan, you are saying like, Internet can connect to WHATSAPP for chat, but you should not allow Whatsapp CALL.... techacally no difference in packet generated from chat or call from whatsapp.

Thus VOWIFI should be enabled for inflight also considering business case.

ReplyQuote
Akash
 Akash
(@Akash)
06/06/2020 2:08 pm  

Well, worst part of Airtel VoWiFi is that, you cannot use it with hotspot using Airtel 4G but you can use it with hotspot using Jio 4G. 😂

I know you wouldn't understand why it matters. Well, in some places Airtel have poor network but only it works good. So, using 4G hotspot at a good network place at home is a good idea. So, that's how it can be helpful.

ReplyQuote
walker
 walker
(@walker)
06/06/2020 2:38 pm  

stop using Google & Cloudflare for DNS

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
06/06/2020 5:54 pm  

ohgodwhy.jpg

Dude. You have the option of not calling on Wifi when you don't wanna use it. It's simple. Just disable wifi calling in your phone. No need to make a big deal out of it. We all will use Wifi calling because the calls are clear, and there's less signal inside the houses. Wifi calling is beneficial for most of us.

ReplyQuote
Aditya Patil
 Aditya Patil
(@Aditya Patil)
06/06/2020 10:48 pm  

Thanks a lot Chetan, will try enabling VoWi-Fi through the suggested option. Cheers...!!!

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: