Forum

Bharti Airtel Start...

Notifications
Clear all

Bharti Airtel Starts Providing Priority 4G Network Service to Postpaid Subscribers  

RSS

Tanay Singh
(@tanay)
Reputable Member
24/05/2020 7:21 am  
wpf-cross-image

Bharti Airtel is now offering Priority 4G Network feature to its postpaid users. During the time of crisis when everyone is staying inside their homes, data consumption has risen abnormally. The challenge for the telcos is to manage the load of…

sAm
 sAm
(@sAm)
24/05/2020 9:36 am  

Vodafone redx priority network is just in the name.
Nothing actual.

ReplyQuote
Vasaikar
 Vasaikar
(@Vasaikar)
24/05/2020 11:40 am  

Anyone with Airtel postpaid care to share your experience of priority network on Airtel ? Does it make a difference ?

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
24/05/2020 12:13 pm  

priority network should also come with Airtel promise that It wont let user affect slow speed.

and in event of outage or continues sub-dubbed experience they will compensate with Cash discount or provide some extra data or other subscriptions
After all premium use must be handle like premium service after paying 500-1000.

Postpaid will be contribution most part of profits and higher ARPU to keep company running.

Airtcle didn't mention what is network, Sub-GHz, bands, locations, Carrier Aggregation , handset supported, VoWIFI calling etc .

Can anyone tell till what limit Data rollover works in 499 or higher plans.

Is it 200/500GB gets acculuted or 2-3 billing cycle?

ReplyQuote
Kartik
 Kartik
(@Kartik)
24/05/2020 2:04 pm  

Now racism has started in Telecom sector too. They'll decided who gets the data speed more or who gets less, this is same as reservation which doomed our country, where are we heading now?

ReplyQuote
Arjun
 Arjun
(@Arjun)
24/05/2020 2:49 pm  

rightly said.
nothing changed in connectivity/data speed after subscribing Voda redx.
bakwaas plan.

ReplyQuote
Ashish
 Ashish
(@Ashish)
24/05/2020 3:02 pm  

This is only for business users. Half baked article. Only the connection paid by company are entitled for this.

ReplyQuote
Ashish
 Ashish
(@Ashish)
24/05/2020 3:29 pm  

This is for business users not details users

ReplyQuote
Nikhil
 Nikhil
(@Nikhil)
24/05/2020 3:46 pm  

I am using 499 plan with 200GB rollover facility(It was 399 earlier) . My brother is USING Airtel Prepaid on both sims. We are getting speeds between 10-25 Mbps outdoors easily. Indoors it sucks big time. He is on 1.5GB plan on both sims. I have seen it has made difference on Vodafone though. Few phones with CA has decent speed of 25Mbps in certain parts of Mumbai. These speeds are available where band 41 is deployed aggressively. Otherwise speeds becomes 6-7 Mbps. My experience. CA or not CA experience remains same on Airtel. Atleast from last six months. Less I talk about Jio, more it is better. It is working in rural area only since last twenty months.

ReplyQuote
Nikhil
 Nikhil
(@Nikhil)
24/05/2020 3:53 pm  

Airtel has deployed CA in city limits(They are yet to activate it on band 1 though). Indoor coverage sucks. There are lots of call drops. Tier 2/3 cities doesn't have it on most of the sites. Outdoors Airtel to Airtel VoLTE works excellent. Just as Jio to Jio VoLTE.

Data rollover limit for 499 is 200GB. If you don't use data for three months, your 25GB will get lapsed and your account will show only 200GB. Idea and Vodafone both allows to use this 25GB. Even if you use data that 200GB in app doesn't reduce. That's what I have experienced.

500GB is for 999 plans. But most users on 499 plans. Few people from corporate got 100GB too on 499 plan. For a normal person visiting gallery it's 75GB only.

There is nothing as such priority network. Speeds vary from 10-25Mbps at various times on all types of handsets. Except for early morning, you see speeds go upto 60-65Mbps on CA devices.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Kumar
 Kiran Kumar
(@Kiran Kumar)
24/05/2020 3:57 pm  

It is 200GB for 499 plan. Not sure about the others

ReplyQuote
saurabh
 saurabh
(@saurabh)
24/05/2020 4:47 pm  

i have both prepaid and postpaid (499+ 18% gst) connection but i am getting same speed on both connections. speed is poor in indoor.

ReplyQuote
Srikapardhi
(@srikapardhi)
Member Admin
24/05/2020 5:01 pm  
Posted by: @Nikhil

500GB is for 999 plans.

Only 200GB. 

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
24/05/2020 5:12 pm  

Handset protection , free Netflix , separate exclusive call center for post paid , exclusive relationship managers for premium post paid customers to address/resolve issues on priority are some of the benefits offered by Airtel to post paid customers only.

Speeds are same for prepaid & postpaid. There is no difference.

Airtel postpaid family plans are attractive but risky as they increase rates without intimation & also upgrade to higher rental plans .

Getting rid of post paid is another headache as they don't change to prepaid or dis connect connection .

I was on Tata CDMA post paid since 2005 , then CDMA was discontinued in 2017 & was shifted to docomo gsm Post paid on 199 plan . Was getting only 2g/3g data

Two years back , docomo was taken over by Airtel & was straight shifted on Airtel postpaid 499 plan with out intimation. My rentals increased straight by 300 per month.

Actual the sim was mainly used for incoming as has jio as the main calling number since 2016.

It took six months & a number of stressful visits to their gallery for me to get the number converted to airtel prepaid. .

ReplyQuote
Bharat Khanna
 Bharat Khanna
(@Bharat Khanna)
24/05/2020 6:21 pm  

What should be the reason to buy postpaid if not better service?
Postpaid le lo then you will not feel that they are are racist

ReplyQuote
Ankit Jain
 Ankit Jain
(@Ankit Jain)
24/05/2020 6:58 pm  

As if they are going to hold mobile tower and run after every postpaid subscriber for better service ??

ReplyQuote
SS (Shivang Singh)
 SS (Shivang Singh)
(@SS (Shivang Singh))
24/05/2020 7:09 pm  

Has anybody used these plans and compared it with say a cheapo prepaid plan? Does it offer any improvement?

ReplyQuote
Himanshu kapoor
 Himanshu kapoor
(@Himanshu kapoor)
24/05/2020 8:26 pm  

Just a advertisement ...I am using Vodafone redx plan no special feature as promised of better speed ..... nothing more than a fake promise.

ReplyQuote
Chetan-Bengaluru
 Chetan-Bengaluru
(@Chetan-Bengaluru)
24/05/2020 8:43 pm  

I had a quick chat with harmeen from Airtel. Look at the arrogance. Very generic reply to a pertinent sub Ghz issue indoor of Airtel from my side. They know the problem but turning blind eye. Enabling CA on band 8 is not a big deal, just a software config and little bit of optimisation on cell site.

Also no reply after that.

Screenshot_20200524-203753

ReplyQuote
Chetan-Bengaluru
 Chetan-Bengaluru
(@Chetan-Bengaluru)
24/05/2020 8:48 pm  

Telling from my experience after testing both Prepaid and postpaid few min back. This priority bla bla is BS. Both prepaid and postpaid giving equivalent speeds. pings also same.

Priority network term only works on Vodafone redX plan. This is after my personal testing. There is drastic speed capping between normal and REDx plans.. User can feel it explicitly

ReplyQuote
Chetan-Bengaluru
 Chetan-Bengaluru
(@Chetan-Bengaluru)
24/05/2020 9:07 pm  

If site is 100% peak capacity, then forget all priority speeds on RedX plan. I have said it before, vodafone dished out half baked offering without technical backing to support pan India.

ReplyQuote
Chetan-Bengaluru
 Chetan-Bengaluru
(@Chetan-Bengaluru)
24/05/2020 9:12 pm  

KUNAL Bhai, this hassles and cheating of Airtel and voda are widespread but koi maanta hi nahi meri baat.
Jio doesn't have all these hassles. walk in to jio store and walk out with whatever you want. No questions asked.

network congestion is incidental and all telco faces in some areas or the other. one cannot decide if the company/brand is good or bad since it is giving good speeds in your area or not.

ReplyQuote
Chetan-Bengaluru
 Chetan-Bengaluru
(@Chetan-Bengaluru)
24/05/2020 9:18 pm  

@Arjun Bhai, Bakwaas toh hai but 3000 Rupaya dena padega to opt out of the plan. dooge???

I can understand your and like yours pain on wrongly duped in this marketing gimik but paying hefty 3k to opt out of plan.

ReplyQuote
Srivatsava
 Srivatsava
(@Srivatsava)
24/05/2020 10:35 pm  

@Chetan-Bengaluru As far as I remember 8+3 is active in KA. Nevertheless, it is just an additional 5 MHz carrier. They also deployed 4G in Band 1, but just 1x1 SISO. 

8+3+1, 8+1, 3+1 should do the job for better experience. 

ReplyQuote
Saikat
 Saikat
(@Saikat)
25/05/2020 12:16 am  

Can you please share the screenshots of testing vodafone RedX vs non redx plan?

ReplyQuote
Subhendu
 Subhendu
(@Subhendu)
25/05/2020 2:58 am  

Currently jio fetch Vodafone network in kolkata. Anyone check it ?

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
25/05/2020 6:53 am  

This means Vodafone is cheater , As it was in past and remain cheater in future also.

Discremenating user.

@chetan, I am on Rs48- 3Gb prepaid pla, and i always found speed to be capped. may be i should try daily plan of prepaid to check real speed

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
25/05/2020 6:58 am  

can you post screenshot of This rollover data balance.

Also have you tried upgrading and then downgrading from 499 to 749 and back to 499 plan.

I wanted to know whether data limit of 200 gets restored back after plan downgrade or remain at 500GB.

As you must know in postpaid credit limit get increse with higher plan and number of days on network. so i am guessing that, once data limit upgrade to 500Gb wont be trucated back.

ReplyQuote
Febin
 Febin
(@Febin)
25/05/2020 8:14 am  

I've been platinum user in airtel and past 3 months I've raised concern and yet there is no one from airtel who ever looked at the concern or responded to emails. Very poor service. Jio is much better with internet speed.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Kumar
 Kiran Kumar
(@Kiran Kumar)
25/05/2020 8:27 am  

The previous unused balance resets to 0 when plan is changed irrespective of upgrade or downgrade. I checked this previously with 499 and 699 plans. Can not confirm if it is still the same or they have changed it.

Screenshot_20200525_082117

ReplyQuote
Ashish
 Ashish
(@Ashish)
25/05/2020 10:38 am  

That's due to that tornado

ReplyQuote
Ashish
 Ashish
(@Ashish)
25/05/2020 10:40 am  

I mean this is for business users not retail users like us.

ReplyQuote
Ashish
 Ashish
(@Ashish)
25/05/2020 10:42 am  

She is Director. Everyone ping her as if she is customer support executive. Directors have 1000 of task. Appreciate her for taking time to reply you. Don't be a douchebag

ReplyQuote
Kaushik Roy
 Kaushik Roy
(@Kaushik Roy)
25/05/2020 11:35 am  

My kolkata idea sim logged into jio kolkata and coverage is at par with main jio. Means no distinction between roaming and original jio number internet speed. Only volte not showing on calling to jio number.
Vodafone is badly affected among all 4. It has some 4G tower here but automatically logged into jio regularly.

ReplyQuote
Chetan-Bengaluru
 Chetan-Bengaluru
(@Chetan-Bengaluru)
25/05/2020 12:21 pm  

Ashish, I am also not writing something generic. It is candid feedback to company on its network loopholes(even airtel is aware but it is our duty to intimate as customer). Hardly anybody pings her because she has kept low profile so no question of she is bugged off... It is colossal ego and brand attitude that is shying her away to respond to single customer. senior execs from shining brands do keep a tab on customers feedback directly even more so when you have mammoth competitor drinking away your blood... Airtel is still in deep red and not come out of fully, take it or leave it....

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
25/05/2020 12:22 pm  

Thank you for screenshot.
Actually upgrade should not loose Unused balance. Airtel should improve user experiance when they say Postpaid is for premium subsciber, then treatment/service. should be premium

ReplyQuote
Kiran Kumar
 Kiran Kumar
(@Kiran Kumar)
25/05/2020 12:34 pm  

As per their app it is applicable for normal postpaid users also.

Screenshot_20200525_123330_com.myairtelapp

ReplyQuote
Kiran Kumar
 Kiran Kumar
(@Kiran Kumar)
25/05/2020 1:18 pm  

Isn't it the same for broadband and in other sectors also? Those who pay more will obviously get better services.
Yes I know mobile operators are providing 2G speed in the name of 4G services and there should be a regulation regarding this, but that is a different discussion.

ReplyQuote
Vishal
 Vishal
(@Vishal)
25/05/2020 2:20 pm  

@chetan why jio still don't have 256-QAM ? It's easy for them to enable as they have every thing in hand to enable it are they waiting for 5G to do it? Even airtel, vil has it

ReplyQuote
Sagar
 Sagar
(@Sagar)
25/05/2020 5:07 pm  

I get not any 4g network so I changed my sim to jio 

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
25/05/2020 9:54 pm  

Vish, they're probably waiting for more spectrum. So after the 4G spectrum auctions, they should hopefully move all bands to 256QAM, and we could be getting crazy speeds.

ReplyQuote
Ranjit
 Ranjit
(@Ranjit)
26/05/2020 7:56 am  
  1. Hi, this is Ranjit here I am a postpaid subscriber a year back requested for 4G network in Ambattur Chennai area still I am not getting propper signal at my home 

ReplyQuote
Kartik
 Kartik
(@Kartik)
27/05/2020 11:55 pm  

Bro in wireline broadband data isn't limitations, as most provider are providing speed based plans like 50 mbps unlimited for 500Rs. 75 mbps 100 & 300 mbps plans. Data isn't restricted in most broadband provider but in wireless mobility unlimited data would choke down the network REMEBER those 2016 days when JIO opened Samsung previews offer even with few free subscribers their network choked down.

Similarly when you buy a train or plane ticket doesn't market you but economy or business you'd reach your destination on same time, extra money for only extra guddies.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Create Poll 
Poll Details

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: