Forum

Airtel Platinum Cus...

Notifications
Clear all

Airtel Platinum Customers to Get Faster 4G Data Speeds: Everything You Need to Know  

RSS

Chakri K
(@chakri)
Member Admin
06/07/2020 3:44 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Telecom operator Bharti Airtel today officially announced a new service called 'Priority 4G Network,' feature to its Platinum tier customers. With the help of this new feature, Airtel Platinum customers will be able to enjoy faster 4G data speeds. According…

Madhu
 Madhu
(@Madhu)
06/07/2020 4:02 pm  

is it not violating net neutrality rules?

ReplyQuote
karthik
 karthik
(@karthik)
06/07/2020 4:13 pm  

Looks like they are imitating Vodafone REDX!

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
06/07/2020 4:32 pm  

Justifying the loot amount.

Airtel is saying that , don't complain if you get low speeds . You need to move to platinum for getting speed.

After moving to platinum , none will get the speed & will get trap in one way entry of postpaid .

Most will End up paying extra for months as coming out of post paid trap is like fighting & wining a war.

A number of visits to Airtel gallery & requests to call centers will be useless. Nor they will change your plan , nor will allow to move to prepaid. Don't pay the bill & they add penalty in bill amount.

Airtel will test your patience & it will all depend on your luck to come out of it.

I had been trapped in Airtel postpaid & took almost 16 months to get out .

My Tata docomo post paid spare number on monthly rental plan 199 was automatically moved to Airtel postpaid , some two years back.

My plan was changed to 499 rental with out asking or informing me. I came to know about it , when recieved the bill. The number was spare number & was not used for calling.

So wanted number to shift to prepaid . After 16 months , got success. Ended up donating over ten thousand rupees , with out making a single call on the number.

Platinum pack - may be Airtel will provide priority call center access & at stores .
Also a relationship manager will be provided , so complaints may be addressed .

But network speed is a sales gimmick.

ReplyQuote
jss
 jss
(@jss)
06/07/2020 5:03 pm  

If you notice for prepaid customers they removed the priority 4G from all the prepaid packs. First we should get the signal then we can think about priority. In Bangalore the network is pathetic nowadays.

ReplyQuote
Keshu
 Keshu
(@Keshu)
06/07/2020 5:24 pm  

I upgraded from Airtel prepaid to postpaid but didn't get 'Priority 4G Sim', what difference does it make? 

ReplyQuote
d5aqoep
 d5aqoep
(@d5aqoep)
06/07/2020 6:02 pm  

So it starts. Below Rs 499 subscribers will get 16 kbps speed and above Rs 499 will get 16 Mbps.

ReplyQuote
Vishal
 Vishal
(@Vishal)
06/07/2020 6:09 pm  

App prepaid users ena thakali thokka ?

ReplyQuote
sAm
 sAm
(@sAm)
06/07/2020 6:21 pm  

Priority network with increased data speed is a bullshit and a marketing gimmick with Vodadone redX.

Same is replicated by Airtel.

ReplyQuote
Ravi
 Ravi
(@Ravi)
06/07/2020 6:22 pm  

All marketing gimmick to force customers to take postpaid connection. I am having prepaid and postpaid both at my home. Speeds on both no. is same around 50 to 90mbps based on time of the day.
Since they saw voda customers falling for it hence decided to replicate same in airtel. In vodafone it actually works. I have seen the difference. They throttle the speed for postpaid and prepaid

Don't fall for it pls.

ReplyQuote
Vikas
 Vikas
(@Vikas)
06/07/2020 7:26 pm  

Have anyone tried this "Platinum" service? is it good idea to switch from prepaid to postpaid?

ReplyQuote
Dankwhoosh
 Dankwhoosh
(@Dankwhoosh)
06/07/2020 7:27 pm  

Thhok de net neutrality ka baap ko.

ReplyQuote
Jagmohan Rattan
 Jagmohan Rattan
(@Jagmohan Rattan)
06/07/2020 8:02 pm  

Lol now a days it is hard to get speed beyond 15-18 mbps in any prepaid postpaid connection at my location

ReplyQuote
Amit
 Amit
(@Amit)
06/07/2020 8:57 pm  

Kuch nahi hai sab bakwas hai

ReplyQuote
Chetan-Bengaluru
 Chetan-Bengaluru
(@Chetan-Bengaluru)
06/07/2020 9:51 pm  

No, They are not selectively blocking your web access or apps on your connection. they are prioritising speed(as per them) on your connection as a whole which is legal. By your definition then broadband with different speeds plans will also violate net neutrality.

ReplyQuote
Tejas
 Tejas
(@Tejas)
06/07/2020 9:55 pm  

@jss, i agree with you. Airtel in bangalore is getting sluggish . Running at 4-5mbps. May be due to Software and IT people working from home and using 4G data too much as broadband connection is not reimbursed to all in companies. but Jio is working better in my area giving 50mbps. Airtel was blazing fast before lockdown but not now. this is the problem with airtel, the moment huge load comes on it, it goes down. Do not want speak much about voda

ReplyQuote
Chetan-Bengaluru
 Chetan-Bengaluru
(@Chetan-Bengaluru)
06/07/2020 9:58 pm  

This isn't violating Net neutrality. Otherwise TRAI will thoko airtel and vil before us.

ReplyQuote
Ravi
 Ravi
(@Ravi)
06/07/2020 10:00 pm  

No Vikas, it is all marketing gimmick. dont fall for it. I am getting same speed on prepaid and postpaid. Prepaid is recharged with 229 plan which is gold

ReplyQuote
Karthik
 Karthik
(@Karthik)
06/07/2020 10:11 pm  

Vodafone is dead in bengaluru. I am not able to generate Port out code too. It says "you have contractual obligation with us hence you cannot port out". I have no obligation with Voda and also paid all bills. Number is 10 yrs old on vodafone. When i raised query on twitter they say first tell us the reason you want to port out and we will help to address your issue. This means they are purposefully blocking port message to 1900 and doesn't want customers to leave without talking to them. Because it seems with new TRAI policy once port number is generated, no body can stop customer port out except customer itself by sending cancel to 1900.

I feel my number is stuck with vil. They said they will call tomorrow to talk to me. Hope they release port out code after that. I am just fed up of voda.

ReplyQuote
SC Kpa
 SC Kpa
(@SC Kpa)
07/07/2020 12:34 am  

WTH ... airtel is nothing but a bull shit. They are calling Platinum customer, gold customer etc. but without service nothing is useful. At our place a particular airtel site which used to serve at our location, has been shut down suddenly last month. For last 16 days airtel 4g signal is not available. Customer care unreachable and I emailed to appellate authority of airtel. They said they will try to cover our place in future planning. But nothing about existing sites. We used to get full coverage but now 4g s totally blank and 2g coveage is an average. I was unable to use a single MB from my daily 2 gb data quota. Shame on airtel.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
07/07/2020 2:26 am  

I challenge :
The 4G data speed of each and every platinum customers during the day time will not cross the lower end 3G speed (14 Mbps download and 2.38 Mbps upload).

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
07/07/2020 2:27 am  

Karthik :
No problem of portout in prepaid. So change it to vodafone prepaid and portout after the 90th day.

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
07/07/2020 2:28 am  

I already told you - speed will not cross the actual lower end 3G speed

ReplyQuote
Rajdeep
 Rajdeep
(@Rajdeep)
07/07/2020 7:56 am  

Am using family plan"Platinum" service. This is purely marketing gimmick , in reality i have not observed any changes.

ReplyQuote
Ravi
 Ravi
(@Ravi)
07/07/2020 8:27 am  

Even converting to prepaid also he will have problem. They will tell that system is under maintenance. Or prepaid to postpaid is currently on hold from backened etc. Vil is trying all tactics to insure customer is stuck and continues to pay monthly bills.

ReplyQuote
Priya
 Priya
(@Priya)
07/07/2020 9:29 am  

It is a great move from Airtel like Vodafone REDX!

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
07/07/2020 10:43 am  

Looks like a DNS change will fix it. Intra is really helpful in this case.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
07/07/2020 11:08 am  

Airtel, once a cheater, always a cheater. Jio is the best pan India... A few areas will have crappy speed, but they're the most honest ISP in India... Transparent plans is another bonus.

Beware. When there's just Airtel and Jio, in the coming years, Airtel will try these same dirty stunts so that you pay them 500 rupees a month as Airtel is all about the ARPU. They desire 500 bucks from each and every user. Jio is all about the customer numbers. I hope Jio will lower the 4G plans by giving more data for low end users spending say Rs. 100 or less per month, once 5G is raging across the country.

ReplyQuote
suviraj
 suviraj
(@suviraj)
07/07/2020 12:58 pm  

Same here in wadgaon sheri, pune, 4g till feb 2020 but suddenly vanished. Only 2g with low stength available..complained but no relply from CC

ReplyQuote
Manav
 Manav
(@Manav)
07/07/2020 2:09 pm  

See for yourself . Normal airtel prepaid sim on band 40 (15 Mhz) Delhi Circle. Test done on 2:05 pm.

ReplyQuote
sundaresan natarajan
 sundaresan natarajan
(@sundaresan natarajan)
07/07/2020 5:38 pm  

Does TRAI approve of differentiating 4g speed to platinum customers.BTW if the case is so the maximum expected speed like upto 30 mbps for platinum postpaid and upto 15 mbps for gold prepaid should be mentioned for 4G in all prepaid and postpaid plans.That would be better.

ReplyQuote
Niraj
 Niraj
(@Niraj)
07/07/2020 6:20 pm  

First give proper network for calling volte after that Internet comes. Unable to talk on 4g network . Voice calls not getting connected.first upgrade your voice calls

ReplyQuote
bharat khanna
 bharat khanna
(@bharat khanna)
07/07/2020 6:51 pm  

Disagree here, Jio is the one who is blaming others for IUC and charging customers directly for Outgoing IUC, the incoming IUC is the new additional Profit that it is gaining out. Reliance is here just for Business. They wiped out the competition and have started increasing prices. In that Matter i find Airtel way more honest!

ReplyQuote
Karthik
 Karthik
(@Karthik)
07/07/2020 6:57 pm  

Update: Vodafone is now so much improved at my home since yesterday night. Signals have comr back and it is stronger. Speeds are same as before around 30 Mbps.

ReplyQuote
bharat khanna
 bharat khanna
(@bharat khanna)
07/07/2020 7:46 pm  

so if you are a high data user and have good coverage in your area, go for these platinium plan

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
07/07/2020 9:17 pm  

Well, yeah because Jio was paying them 13k crores, and when Jio asked TRAI to cut IUC, TRAI instead decided to extend it to December 2020. So now all you can do is use unlimited on Airtel and VIL, while paying 6p per minute on Jio.

ReplyQuote
Kirit Patel
 Kirit Patel
(@Kirit Patel)
07/07/2020 9:32 pm  

Airtel network improve day by day in Gujarat, many new sites i can see, otherside VIL call as well as internet speed worst now, i happy with airtel network quality as my corporate cug ported to Airtel recent time

ReplyQuote
David D'Souza
 David D'Souza
(@David D'Souza)
08/07/2020 10:59 am  

Why cheap! If it becames fully free. All the Jio chamchas will get fully free services from Ambani that also for lifetime

ReplyQuote
David D'Souza
 David D'Souza
(@David D'Souza)
08/07/2020 11:00 am  

Exactly Jio is the main problem creator.

ReplyQuote
Airtel and BSNL USER
 Airtel and BSNL USER
(@Airtel and BSNL USER)
08/07/2020 6:42 pm  

Jio mpcg circle band 40 speeds just good airtel and vil has better speeds in my area.

ReplyQuote
bharat khanna
 bharat khanna
(@bharat khanna)
08/07/2020 10:15 pm  

Agree, It charge 6ps for outgoing and is eating up 6ps for incoming. it does not have any legacy system to maintain so all this is profit!

ReplyQuote
Prabhu
 Prabhu
(@Prabhu)
09/07/2020 10:31 am  

After this announcement of airtel, my airtel prepaid 4G speed drops drastically.

- MPCG circle

ReplyQuote
siddhartha chakraborti
 siddhartha chakraborti
(@siddhartha chakraborti)
12/07/2020 11:51 am  

all these priority is nothing but a advertisement to sell airtel...I have a plan of 749.As airtel platinum customer I am complaining network issue since last two years in my residence.But nothing happened.Sometimes internet is horribly slow also.I asked for a sim replacement delivery.Even that was also refuse by airtel store....so other than the billing amount nothing is special in airtel premium.

ReplyQuote
Airtel and BSNL USER
 Airtel and BSNL USER
(@Airtel and BSNL USER)
12/07/2020 7:50 pm  

Don't worry bro see below image.

ReplyQuote
Avinash Meena
 Avinash Meena
(@Avinash Meena)
12/07/2020 10:19 pm  

trai has blocked these plan now

ReplyQuote
Faraz
(@faraz)
Estimable Member
13/07/2020 11:19 am  

First Airtel needs to install a tower in our area, then we will talk about platinum.
Atleast Vodafone (with fluctuating network between 2G/3G/4G) is better than Airtel.
Atleast Vodafone gives better download speed sometimes.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: