Forum

Bharti Airtel Repor...

Notifications
Clear all

Bharti Airtel Reports ARPU of Rs 154 in Q4 Alongside Adding 12.5 Million New Users  

RSS

Yogesh
(@bala)
Member Admin
19/05/2020 12:09 pm  

Bharti Airtel on Monday announced its fourth quarter and year ended March 2020 results with the company posting a net loss of Rs 5237 crores including exceptional items. However, the company said that it had “highest mobile India” average revenue…

Ranajit
 Ranajit
(@Ranajit)
19/05/2020 1:38 pm  

Previously Vodafone network was most reliable.
Nowadays I find that Airtel network is the most reliable.
In my opinion I presume that in the long run Airtel will be most reliable and secure Service Provider.
I wish all the best to all the Networks, may they prove to be better than the best....
Prove that India is The Best..Without any prejudice..

ReplyQuote
Aakash Hinduja
 Aakash Hinduja
(@Aakash Hinduja)
19/05/2020 2:41 pm  

I guess the Airtel is under reporting revenues. The JIO has posted a 2331 cores profit for 1st Quarter 2020. Airtel and vodafone should decrease their internal cost and expenditure. No need for floor price and no need to hike mobile tariff as JIO has shown a 87% profit ie Rs 2331 cores for 1st Quarter 2020. If ARPU is Rs 154 then 300 millions customers will fetch Rs 4620 crores monthly revenue.

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
19/05/2020 3:15 pm  

Bharti Airtel total data traffic carried in the quarter at 6.5 billion GB. (Aprox 15 GB per user) , which is just 33% of Jio's data traffic.

Airtel network capacity is around 15 to 20% less than Jio but traffic load is less by 66% , which enables Airtel to provide much better data experience to its customers as compared to Jio.

Further Airtel has started aggressive expansion of its network , which will further improve the experience .

Jio will have to improve by immediate spectrum addition or further increase BTS sites in dense locations .

Or else Jio will not be able to gain further market share .

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
19/05/2020 3:22 pm  

Guys , post this tariff hike success(as can be seen from results) be ready for SHARP hikes again both in prepaid and postpaid too. Don’t be surprised. Airtel can see the oozing blood from customers and they are dying to get speed and quality from operators. Airtel is providing same in urban cities and hence they will try to take ARPU to 250-300 levels soon. Starting pack of 45 will soon reach to 100. This will be considered as expensive to be on Airtel prepaid. All freeloaders will go to jio . Postpaid segment will also see juggling of plans. 499 will still remain entry plan but with very less dat like 10GB . 699 plan might be added with 40GB and all this family add on will become thing of the past like how they removed Netflix etc from their plans. All this Airtel thanks will vanish(already benefits are diminishing). Majority of Airtel prepaid customers will move to postpaid since prepaid will become poor value for
Money

Airte will eventually have less customers compared to jio but will play on profitability and revenue. Jio will play on volumes due to large customer base. Both will eventually have similar coverage and speeds. Airtel will be more consistent due to focus on high net worth customers

Vil is not getting success with tariff hikes since it continuously loosing customers and promoters not infusing capital. They will die eventually or max remain marginal player

ReplyQuote
Nikhil
 Nikhil
(@Nikhil)
19/05/2020 4:00 pm  

Great going Airtel. Just add spectrum in upcoming auctions and you are good to go.

ReplyQuote
Bharat Khanna
 Bharat Khanna
(@Bharat Khanna)
19/05/2020 6:08 pm  

That 15 gb number is alarming on 4g! Need to push users to user more reliable wifi connection where possible and get the number down to an avaerage 5-6 gb

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
19/05/2020 8:16 pm  

Kunal bhai, this is the crux of Airtel’s game. They have jacked up the pricing of postpaid significantly and prepaid too to a extent that freeloaders can’t sustain for long on Airtel. There is a limit to which Airtel can pump in money in its network capacity unlike jio hence it wants limited customers and better network performance for those who needs the most. That is why you see them advertising the most on how they provide priority network for postpaid users. Network built for enterprise and corporate etc. they want more profitability and less users. Vodafone idea rio followed same strategy but lost out in between . They took expensive wrong way like REDX offering which was half baked and irked its exiting normal customers who are leaving its network . All bandwidth is diverted to redX customers leaving its existing customers dry

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
19/05/2020 8:19 pm  

Yes Ranajit, Airtel will be more consistent till the time 4G spectrum auction takes place and jio buys plenty of spectrum. Then table might turn and game might reverse for jio

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
19/05/2020 9:53 pm  

1) Airtel prepaid joining Airtel postpaid is very less probability, either they move out to other telco prepaid or postpaid, I m thinking of those user who are prepaid currently spending appox 200-250/30 days are reluctant to spend rs499.
The only way is Latch them on postpaid for something like 250+tax postpaid plan for 6-12 month and gradually move to 400 plan................ but i dont see Airtel stategy team is enough capable to convince borad member who only looks profitability with 100% margin from existing airtel postpaid.

2) Airtel was always having less customer base and targeted for elite, in most circle airtel was no 1 in CMS, only due to less active/non active user base giving IUC revenue and secondly to hold on spectrum.
3) due to less congestion airtel is always mostly empty network with qaulity network from Nokia and Huawei vendor compared to Ericsson and ZTE .

4) Both will eventually have similar coverage and speeds----------------how????

ReplyQuote
SS (Shivang Singh)
 SS (Shivang Singh)
(@SS (Shivang Singh))
20/05/2020 10:32 am  

The results were great. The losses were exceptional one time provision but revenues and ARPU made everyone happy. AIRTEL climbed almost to 600 (10%UP) as stock market was impressed with the recovery. 

Vodafone IDEA also climbed 20% due to news of Indus Tower sale finally at the verge of closure. 

To put things in perspective, Airtel now has the highest ARPU in the industry but 

Jio Active Subs- 309.76 mil 

Airtel Active Subs- 312.96 mil. 

Airtel actually has the highest number of active subscribers in country.

ReplyQuote
Girish Gowda | BengaLuru
 Girish Gowda | BengaLuru
(@Girish Gowda | BengaLuru)
20/05/2020 11:43 am  

I can imagine how stressed you would be when monthly mobile data usage goes to 25-30 GB in a few years.

ReplyQuote
Linto
 Linto
(@Linto)
20/05/2020 12:04 pm  

Airtel spared 7000 crores for AGR due payments so in papers its a loss but airtel is actually in profit

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
20/05/2020 1:13 pm  

Same for jio.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
20/05/2020 1:22 pm  

@Saket. Answer to points

1. After I posted this comment, vithal came out of qtrly results commentary. He clearly said value between Airtel prepaid and postpaid is diminishing indicating he is going to jack up prepaid pricing further to insure either prepaid users port out or migrate to Airtel postpaid. If somebody is data hungry then he will have to move to postpaid or port out

2. Airtel always had max customer base urban rural put together before jio jumped in. They always had highest postpaid users.

4. Airtel recently gave contracts to tower firms to push rural converge and install site where ever jio site is present . Hence Airtel is going to have similar coverage like jio pan India. Both telco will jack up as much spectrum as possible in upcoming auctions and hence will have almost similar and consistent speeds. Eventually user density will also balance between two in coming months as vil lose more customer and gets empty

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
20/05/2020 4:07 pm  

@chetan, I know Airtel is widely rolling out Rural Coverage with every adjusant site of jio, and even few more sites in those circle, where they used to be no 1 in CMS before JIO comes.

Still matching coverage with jio will always be difficult task considering No SUB-GHz LTE spectrum on most BTS and less focus on small cell sites in urban. Coverage wise 5-10% diffrence from JIO, but Its speed which airtel always claim and deliver to be better than jio, this will only make Airtel grab more postpaid user and higher profitability.

After reading Vittal comments about sub Ghz spectrum, i want to see how and which either band 5 (800Mhz) or 8((900Mhz) airtel is planning to buy and which are those circle, where they gets quicker and stable rollout LTE network.

Airtel should sell off either sell off 800Mhz from tata docomo to have uniform network of LTE on 900Mhz thouout india

ReplyQuote
Mani
 Mani
(@Mani)
20/05/2020 5:58 pm  

Is airtel actually providing priority network for 499, for normal customers? Enterprise they are..

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
20/05/2020 7:11 pm  

True Chetan. But we're gonna see solid competition once the auctions are over.

ReplyQuote
Kiran Fernandes | Goa
 Kiran Fernandes | Goa
(@Kiran Fernandes | Goa)
20/05/2020 7:13 pm  

Haha GG, people crying over too much wireless usage. It's time to accept that wireless is the future. Once 5G arrives, we should be consuming over 100GB monthly per user.

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
20/05/2020 10:15 pm  

Vittal is targeting an (ARPU OF 200) for the existing first quarter , which seems possible with rates rising.

They may turn green even after putting aside another 5000 crores aside for old dues.

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
20/05/2020 10:41 pm  

Airtel has decided to go easy on capex in the first quarter .

They have spent heavy ( over 11500 crores) in last quarter . Almost 46 (25000 crores) % of total capex planned for the entire year was spent in Jan to march period.

Jio parent is in the mood of getting debt free & hence are raising prices & in turn getting good valuation & attracting foreign investors

Competition has eased , hence Airtel may benefit until next auction, which should happen early next year.

Till then Jio parent will be debt free & will be sitting on a cash pile .

Jio will go for the kill in next auction with 5g launch & huge spectrum purchase.

Airtel will not be able to spend as Jio .& May lag in 5g coverage.

Jio network experience will improve & Airtels premium image may take a hit.

ReplyQuote
Mani
 Mani
(@Mani)
20/05/2020 10:56 pm  

airtel is throttling speeds on prepaid? I am on Rs. 48 pack.
I May get "priority" network if I switch to their postpaid.

ReplyQuote
Kunal
 Kunal
(@Kunal)
20/05/2020 11:00 pm  

Airtel is differentiating customers by putting them in gold , silver & platinum League as per their spending (opted plan).

Heavy spenders (post paid rentals over 499 & broad band plans over 1000 rental) are platinum members which get priority over gold & silver Airtel customers .

Platinum members get faster & an exclusive call center access . Free contents (Amazon prime & Netflix ) ,handset protection & a lot of exclusive benefits

Platinum are branded as premium customers as they are heavy spendors.

ReplyQuote
Bhaskar
 Bhaskar
(@Bhaskar)
21/05/2020 10:54 am  

Wose thing airtel does is,yes they speed throttle I have 1.5Gb/day plan. After downloading 40-60 Mb they reduce it to 60 kb/s for few minutes then again speed goes up but not the way first speed touched 4+Mb/s × 8 actual speed but now it will be 1.2 or max 2Mb/s × 8 will not rise again..
I have change my sim recently a week ago,but nothing helps. U need to visit store and complaint about it. That can only fix I think.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
21/05/2020 4:17 pm  

You just ask my query,
From last 6-7 months i just Using balance of rs400 to activate rs48 pack, just to receice incoming and and using Data as only back up when daily quota gets exhausted. I always get very poor speed, I mean Ping and jitter are very high when browsing or using app, but on speedtest and MyTrai speed app, it shows around 10mbps.

will i get good speed if used 399 or postpaid plan. I am early waiting for something like jio postpaid plan. Simple yet powerful, just basic rental of 200-250 with some bucketfull quota ( not interested in daily ration) and priority network. I will be happy to receive monthly bill of 350,

ReplyQuote
Nikhil
 Nikhil
(@Nikhil)
22/05/2020 4:14 pm  

I doubt so. If VIL crashes, then Jio is not in position to cater the demands of such huge customers.

ReplyQuote
Nikhil
 Nikhil
(@Nikhil)
22/05/2020 4:24 pm  

@Saket : If Jio has to grab maximum of 700Mhz,then it will have to leave 5Mhz of 850Mhz for Airtel according to spectrum regulations rules.
Not much is present in 900Mhz in auction. Everything is present at VIL. Gaining 850Mhz is the only option at Airtel.
For improving speeds(and to keep VIL insolvency in mind), Jio will have to limit their band 5 purchase and they will have to focus on maximizing band 3/40, leaving 10Mhz in band 40 per circle for Airtel along with whole band 1 to Airtel. Gaining everything in band 40 is also option at Jio. As Airtel might buy band 1/41 whatever remaining. With current investments, I am concluding that Airtel cannot outbid Jio in band 3/40 bids. We have only one thing to watch whether Jio leaves band 40 for Airtel or not. Jio don't want to go to other bands as per my information.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: