Notifications
Clear all

Airtel Enhances 4G Services in Andaman and Nicobar Islands  

RSS

Yogesh
(@bala)
Reputable Member
10/08/2020 12:39 pm  

Bharti Airtel on Monday announced the launch of its “Ultra-Fast 4G” services in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The development is on the heels of the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurating the Submarine Optical Fibre Cable Connectivity between Chennai and…

sAm
 sAm
(@sAm)
10/08/2020 4:12 pm  

Nice initiative.
Surely they'll gain the first mover advantage.

ReplyQuote
antanil das
 antanil das
(@antanil das)
10/08/2020 4:50 pm  

This submarine cable link between chennai and port blair is joint venture of BSNL & NEC(JAPAN).other operators have taken Bandwith on lease from them,Hope it remain glitch free and change the entire dynamic of telecommuniacation in andaman and nicobar island.

ReplyQuote
Mani
 Mani
(@Mani)
10/08/2020 6:33 pm  

Off topic:

Experience of Jio prepaid to postpaid migration:

Went to Reliance Digital Store in Karnataka
No new SIM required
Migration completed within 5 minutes
Need to tele-verify once again from the same SIM (Store person was not aware about tele-verification)

Was surprised as there was no delay (usually I guess it takes 4-24 hours, and a new SIM is required). Not sure if this is the new norm, but I'm happy.

Also, in the store, saw a small flyer/poster saying "1 out of 2 smartphone users in Karnataka are using Jio.. port your number".. Or something like that

Makes me think, Has Jio already beaten airtel to reach #1 spot in Karnataka?

ReplyQuote
Mani
 Mani
(@Mani)
10/08/2020 6:35 pm  

Eh.. My earlier comment, looks like formatting was not applied lol

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
10/08/2020 10:59 pm  

its great prject. and long awaiting.

Airtel can lease fiber from here, then why worrying for taking space on 4G tower installed by JIO in LADHAK.

Does Andaman comes under RoWB circle?

ReplyQuote
Thamilan daa
 Thamilan daa
(@Thamilan daa)
10/08/2020 11:41 pm  

Copy cat from BSNL by the loottel.

ReplyQuote
Chetan
 Chetan
(@Chetan)
11/08/2020 5:24 am  

Mani, not surpassed but very close to airtel. Jio has crossed 2 crore subsciber in Karnataka 2 months back. Airtel was 2.5 crore in karnataka. So may be yes they might have crossed also. But I am not sure. Actually they got all rural subsciber from vil on jiophone via mnp. Jio network is excellent in rural areas. Bangalore and Mysore too it is rock solid but speeds differ. Airtel has very strong indoor coverage in tech parks and public places due to IBS solution. Jio only has in few places hence little problem of indoor coverage in such places. But corona induced lockdown has changed the game, people are buying jio fi devices for work from home so that is also increasing jio userbase in karnataka

ReplyQuote
Manoj
 Manoj
(@Manoj)
11/08/2020 11:22 am  

What are the Jio Postpaid benefits? I think they don't have any corporate plan schemes.

ReplyQuote
Saikat
 Saikat
(@Saikat)
11/08/2020 12:45 pm  

Yes, Andaman comes under the ROWB (popularly known as ROB and Sikkim) circle

ReplyQuote
Rajdeep
 Rajdeep
(@Rajdeep)
11/08/2020 1:00 pm  

Yes, as per my knowledge it comes under RoB circle.

ReplyQuote
Rajdeep
 Rajdeep
(@Rajdeep)
11/08/2020 1:03 pm  

Does 6p/min for outgoing calls to other network also applicable in Jio Postpaid???

ReplyQuote
Mani
 Mani
(@Mani)
11/08/2020 7:21 pm  

There is no corporate plan that is made public. Only 199 plan is available. But I saw one thing in Jio Auto-pay. It mentions that I'm on corporate plan and hence I cannot set it up 😐

You can add work details also in MyJio app to get additional benefits (I think 5GB extra data- please confirm with customer care. I'm not able to save my work details, so will mail them and check if possible

ReplyQuote
Mani
 Mani
(@Mani)
11/08/2020 7:21 pm  

I think Yes, it is applicable. I'm yet to complete my first billing cycle though.

ReplyQuote
saket
 saket
(@saket)
11/08/2020 8:48 pm  

@chetan, and mani read again. Its SMARTPHONE users. and airtel having huge 2g customer base in Kanrtaka rural. and
JIO consider jiophone as smartphone Device. so by this way @ cores of jio vs 2.5 crores of Airtel compared at end of july will Definately say 1 out 2 is Correct.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: